New Randy to Chicago talk

Mr. Showtime

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Which is why the Yankmees told Arizona no way. The D-Backs want too much and I hope it's not the Sox that fill their stockings. But, as stated before I can see KW doing this. If he does and we don't win next year I think the whole front office should be canned. It is hard staying positive with what I see happening.

Yep. The Yanks were smart and said no way! I think FOR ONCE KW should say No way! And just have patience regarding any RJ deal. Because the more time that passes the less Arizona would take in return due to desperations. I say KW should go out and sign Perez or Clement as free agents, and when the time comes and Arizona runs out of patience they'll most likely accept just a Garland, Konerko for Unit deal. That way we'll have a starting rotation that consist of:

Randy Johnson

Freddy Garcia

Mark Buerhle

Matt Clement/ Odalis Perez

Jose Contreras

That would be the best in baseball!

The only negative is will have a HUGE void at 1B. But Gload can get the job done lol! He did well off the bench, but as a starter? But i say who cares, our rotation would be drool worthy!!!! So KW just have patience!! This might happen! Lets just hope he brings home Clement or Perez very soon! :headbang

JUST f***ING SIGN A PITCHER!

DONT TRADE ANY MORE OF OUR PLAYERS/PROSPECTS AWAY!

Brash, but it does address my position rather well. :headbang

Sad how Reinsdorf would rather allow Williams to overpay with talent/prospects than spend any additional money. Trading valuable pieces of our club for Johnson would not assure me of any increase in payroll. We're simply speculating this.

It just seems so damn simple. Sign a FA; rotation is complete. DONE. Now there remains C,2B questions, but the same concerns would exist with any Johnson addition. Main difference is signing a FA starting pitcher allows the White to keep Marte, Andersen, Garland, whomever else is included.

I'd love to have Johnson, but I'm not thrilled about any of the trade scenarios presented in this thread. While he is dominant, I have a hard time ignoring his age. We're dreaming the dream of an organization with large financial flexibility, or depth in the minor league system. Sox have neither.

Yep. The Yanks were smart and said no way! I think FOR ONCE KW should say No way! And just have patience regarding any RJ deal. Because the more time that passes the less Arizona would take in return due to desperations. I say KW should go out and sign Perez or Clement as free agents, and when the time comes and Arizona runs out of patience they'll most likely accept just a Garland, Konerko for Unit deal. That way we'll have a starting rotation that consist of:

Randy Johnson

Freddy Garcia

Mark Buerhle

Matt Clement/ Odalis Perez

Jose Contreras

That would be the best in baseball!

The only negative is will have a HUGE void at 1B. But Gload can get the job done lol! He did well off the bench, but as a starter? But i say who cares, our rotation would be drool worthy!!!! So KW just have patience!! This might happen! Lets just hope he brings home Clement or Perez very soon! :headbang

If you think KW is going to sign Clement/Perez AND trade for Johnson I want some of whatever it is you're smoking.

By itself the Johnson deal hurts the team far more than it helps ( beating a dead horse here but its worth repeating since people wont shut up about this ).

By itself signing Clement/Perez/Lowe rounds out our rotation nicely without having to trade away Konerko's production and sets us up to be the odds on favorite to win the division and probably make some noise in the playoffs.

These people think it will be podsednic and think it is an unfair trade for them!! :bang

http://www.forums.mlb.com/n/mb/message.asp...g=22804.1&ctx=0

I was just on the Yankee and D-Back MLB boards.

From the Arizona side I guess it was said that Arizona wants MLB ready players, not prospects. They think this proposed deal would be bad from them. One guy said Marte was a mariginal reliever. :lolhitting

From the Yankee side, they don't want to part with what it would take.

Some people will never get it.  :rolly

I'm with you santo=dorf, people just don't understand that Randy Johnson is one of the best pitchers in major league baseball. Every time he starts, you're probably going to win. I don't know if people understand that, so I'll repeat it again. Every time that Randy Johnson starts a game for you, you are probably going to win. I underlined probably, so all you naysayers can't come attacking me saying that that's not possible and this and that. I'm tired of waiting around for a world series ring. Randy Johnson is our best chance to win, not Matt Clement, not Odalis Perez. RANDY f***ING JOHNSON!

They could finish 4th if there entire rotation and lineup gets hurt, lol.  But seriously RJ puts them over the top. 

But I think Perez and Pyrz give them a very very good team too.

Agreed, and I'd be totally happy with those acquisitions. However, in the playoffs, RJ-FG-MB looks alot better than MB-FG-OP.

Could an Everett, Sweeny, Borchard, Garland, Marte deal get it done?

They wanted an MLB starting outfielder: check!

They wanted a top prospect: check!

They wanted Jon s***head Garland: check!

They wanted Damaso Marte: check!

Would that get it done? and if it did, we would be ok with that?

thoughts...