1st base coach Tim Raines on the Score now

CSF

He said over the last 8-10 yrs, players have been all about stats and that it affects the attitude of a clubhouse. He also praised Minnesota for doing all the little things (bunting, sacrificing) needed to win.

He also mentioned Posednik could steal 80-90 bases if he had 100 attempts, but also pointed out that because he plays CF, it's a more demanding position. He said he was able to steal 90 bases because he played in LF, which wasn't as strenuous as CF.

They also mentioned that home run hitters are becoming a dime a dozen, and teams rely on guys like Posednik, Ichiro, & Juan Pierre to get on base and make things happen.

He also said he's still hopeful for the HOF.

He also mentioned Posednik could steal 80-90 bases if he had 100 attempts, but also pointed out that because he plays CF, it's a more demanding position.  He said he was able to steal 90 bases because he played in LF, which wasn't as strenuous as CF.

Well Spod may just be in left and I think Ozzie will listen to Rock.

Boers and Bernstein made a good point that if baseball is going to really crack down on steroids and other performance enhancers, then being able to steal and move runners along becomes more and more important... have to think about that... but good food for thought

yea, i heard them say that today and it makes alot of sense. Suddenly all the little things a player can do like steal bases is sooooo much more important.

It killed me watching the Sox last year. Everytime we had a situation that demanded a bunt, or a groundball to the right side we couldn't do it!!! I wish I had stats on how many innings we led the inning off with a double and left him stranded there.

I truly believe things will change this year. We need to play "Ozzieball" with this group.