WSCR reports on Clement

ManSooLee

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes. And its the Red Sox who they're talking about. One of these days the White sox will win and force the baseball world to differentiate between the two teams

Lets hope Clement will settle on the offer for $24 - $25 million over 3 years, and the White Sox are one of the 3 teams that have offered it. That could give us the edge.

Well whatever happens, I would imagine the Sox are going to sign a FA pitcher, if they lose out on Clement (I do see the Angels increasing their offer) they should make a charge at Perez, they're obviously willing to spend the money

no dammit.....only settle for that if you can't get Hudson.... :lolhitting :bang :headbang

but seriously...they need to get one of these top tier guys KW is wanting for the 5 man rotation. whether it's perez :) , clement :unsure: :huh , johnson :headshake :nono , or hudson :headbang :pray

Yea guys I think it is Boston who has a big offer on the table...Boston is dying to replace Pedro and they tried grabbing Clement last year..I hope Kenny's got something up his sleeve..but I really think Boston is going to grab him..

If what kenny has up his sleeve is more money than the 10x3 years already offered supposedly... I think u let him go.

Yea guys I think it is Boston who has a big offer on the table...Boston is dying to replace Pedro and they tried grabbing Clement last year..I hope Kenny's got something up his sleeve..but I really think Boston is going to grab him..

Has Clement even visited Bos? He's been to LA, Ana., AZ and Cle[?]. But Bos. has just jumped in. Unless they throw some serious cash above and beyond what's on the table [which the Bos. Herald says it won't], I don't see Bos. being the favorites to land Clement

The varients beween the offers are very interesting.  One source is saying $25 mil over 3 years, another is saying $30 is on the table.  I wonder what the truth is?

Considering the sox freed up around 6 mil with Carlos' departure... i would think it would be closer to 25....

But if Buster ass Kris Benson can get 22 I think Matt Clement can get 30

The varients beween the offers are very interesting.  One source is saying $25 mil over 3 years, another is saying $30 is on the table.  I wonder what the truth is?

WSCR must be changing their tune.

I heard their 10:20 update and they we're saying the Sox are still in the RJ derby, per the USA Today article. And that Clement is most likely out of our range because Boston and the Angels are in on the bidding. :headshake

I heard their 10:20 update and they we're saying the Sox are still in the RJ derby, per the USA Today article. And that Clement is most likely out of our range because Boston and the Angels are in on the bidding. :headshake

I don't think anybody that doesn't have an office at 35th and Shields has any idea what is really going on right now.

with boston and anaheim in the deal theres no way i match any of their offers for clement, and we wont get rj, no way were still trying this deal

I don't know about you fellas...but I have no problem grossly overpaying Matt Clement.

Off-season aquisitions

-Matt Clement

-Jermaine Dye

-Scott Podsednik

-Louis Vizcaino

-Dustin Hermanson

...and he saw that it was good. That would be a colossal off-season by Sox standards.

PS: I propose a new and offical nickname for Mr. Podsednik

Scoot

(get it? cause he steals a lot of bases, and its a play on his first name, and...um, well, thats about it :bringit )

I don't know about you fellas...but I have no problem grossly overpaying Matt Clement.

Off-season aquisitions

-Matt Clement

-Jermaine Dye

-Scott Podsednik

-Louis Vizcaino

-Dustin Hermanson

...and he saw that it was good.  That would be a colossal off-season by Sox standards.

PS: I propose a new and offical nickname for Mr. Podsednik

Scoot

(get it?  cause he steals a lot of bases, and its a play on his first name, and...um, well, thats about it :bringit )

I dont know about over paying clement. I say if we can get perez go for him before clement signs. I want them to sign A.J. Pierzinski. Please dont give clement more than 10 mil. Unless uncle Jerry opens his wallet with out cutting payroll. :rolly

If it was the 10:20 update I'm just guessing that Boers probably talked to some of his "baseball sources" and that might of lead to the change... just a possibility... but I agree with whoever said nobody outside of KW really knows what's going on