A.J. Pierzynski

AddisonStSox

Ok, this is absolutely killing me. Where have all of you come up with the Pierzynski talk?

All of a sudden, if Kenny doesn't net Pierzynski this off-season, its a failure. What gives? He has had run-ins with this team in the past, he was hated in the clubhouse and I have yet to find any source indicating that Kenny has shown ANY interest in this guy.

Please, Please tell me where you are all getting this from. Is this just wishful thinking or what?

I have seen many posters say Perez and Pierzynski would be a better off-season than Clement. What!? First off, do we have that kind of money? Second, has Kenny shown even an ounce of interest.

:stick :crying So frustrating. Please fill me in.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bruce Levine was on the Hot Stove show (when's the next airing?) and said the Sox are aware of his locker room issues and are leery of signing him. So don't blame KW if he doesn't get Queersynski because everyone in the Sox organization thinks he's an asshole.

Who wouldn't want this guy?

He's the guy that you HATE to play against, but if he's on your team, you LOVE him.

I admire the fact that he can so easily get under the skin of everyone, including the fans.

And he plays the game hard and plays to win.

And he's better than Burke or Davis for sure.

Plus he knows this division well....

I for one am one of the biggest advocates of landing Pierzynski.

He's the guy that you HATE to play against, but if he's on your team, you LOVE him.

I admire the fact that he can so easily get under the skin of everyone, including the fans.

You can advocate his signing all you want, but if Kenny hasn't shown any interest in this guy its all moot; thats where I'm coming from.

Don't EXPECT to sign this guy. Hell, don't even expect to be in the hunt unless Kenny says he's looking. This is getting crazy. These expectations are way too high.

You can advocate his signing all you want, but if Kenny hasn't shown any interest in this guy its all moot; thats where I'm coming from.

Don't EXPECT to sign this guy.  Hell, don't even expect to be in the hunt unless Kenny says he's looking.  This is getting crazy.  These expectations are way too high.

I'm not expecting to get him at all.

Just telling you why I'd sure as hell love to have him, regardless of his clubhouse problems.

Great post.

You can put me on that list. I want him on the Sox.

The score has been reporting that the Sox are showing interest in signing him.

You can put me on that list.  I want him on the Sox.

The score has been reporting that the Sox are showing interest in signing him.

For once, they should strike pre-emptively. Go out and claim this guy, sit his ass down and say hey, here's the expectations. Not that difficult.

Edit: Captain Quickster just called, he said he heard Levine say the Sox are showing mild interest in Pierzynski.

Mild interest? WTF is that??

I think Pierzynski is a complete jackass (mostly cuz he played for Minnesota, but he's still an ass regardless of that). Apparently we have a mild interest in him. He would be an upgrade over Davis and Burke, but like Addison asked: since when do we have all of this money to sign a pitcher and a catcher??? We didn't free up that much form CLEE.

:headshake

I think Pierzynski is a complete jackass (mostly cuz he played for Minnesota, but he's still an ass regardless of that).  Apparently we have a mild interest in him.  He would be an upgrade over Davis and Burke, but like Addison asked: since when do we have all of this money to sign a pitcher and a catcher???  We didn't free up that much form CLEE.

:headshake

Is it possible, for the right guys, they might raise the budget?

Maybe they are getting sick and tired of not selling season tickets in the winter.

Who knows.

:headbang

Is it possible, for the right guys, they might raise the budget?

Maybe they are getting sick and tired of not selling season tickets in the winter.

Who knows.

KW said that they've lost money the past 2 years. For that reason alone, I don't see an increase in the team's budget.

ask his most recent former teammates about him. I would be suprised if KW signed him, he seems to have little or no tolerance for personality issues.

ask his most recent former teammates about him. I would be suprised if KW signed him, he seems to have little or no tolerance for personality issues.

Ya, its been heavily reported on the radio that those comments were from the first month. After that he had a solid reputation in the Giants clubhouse. They are getting rid of him for financial reasons. Arbitration isn't a wise thing and they picked up a guy whose a stud defensive catcher and a little cheaper (Matheny).

However I think it was a stupid move on the Giants part. Heck, ask the Twins mates what they thought of Pyrz. He was the ultimate team guy and busts his ass and plays the game right. Thats what matters.

The stuff that one pitcher said a month into the season, which was later to be explained as a miscommunication, sticks with him the rest of his career????

Ya, its been heavily reported on the radio that those comments were from the first month.  After that he had a solid reputation in the Giants clubhouse.  They are getting rid of him for financial reasons.  Arbitration isn't a wise thing and they picked up a guy whose a stud defensive catcher and a little cheaper (Matheny).

However I think it was a stupid move on the Giants part.  Heck, ask the Twins mates what they thought of Pyrz.  He was the ultimate team guy and busts his ass and plays the game right.  Thats what matters. 

The stuff that one pitcher said a month into the season, which was later to be explained as a miscommunication, sticks with him the rest of his career????

Wasn't it more than just comments? Numerous people in SF said he didn't want to go over game prep with the starters. Supposedly, he also said he was only interested in the Twins and to see how they were doing. I bet the Twins would have nice things to say about him. ;)

No, it was one pitcher and later it came out it was a misunderstanding. I remember hearing an interview with Pyrz talking about it.

And yes he would watch his buddies on the Twins play. He commented about it and said hey they are my friends. Guys watch tv all the time in the clubhouse and I like catching up on my good buddies who I came up to the majors with to see how they are doing.

IMO he took the trade too hard and acted immature about it, after he got called on the carpet about it he turned things around.

It may be because of bad first impressions or it could be about money that they're cutting him, but teammates b****ing when they have that steroid loving asshole down the lockerroom gets no traction with me.

Btw, this is all conjecture on my my part, in reality WTFKs.

And yes he would watch his buddies on the Twins play.  He commented about it and said hey they are my friends.  Guys watch tv all the time in the clubhouse and I like catching up on my good buddies who I came up to the majors with to see how they are doing.

I've heard over and over and over again that he'd be watching Twins games instead of studying opponents on numerous occasions. That's the primary beef that people have with him, IIRC.

While I would absolutely looove to have a guy with his type of personality on the Sox, I dunno about his study habits.

They'd love him on Milwaukee avenue, though. :lol:

I've heard over and over and over again that he'd be watching Twins games instead of studying opponents on numerous occasions.  That's the primary beef that people have with him, IIRC.

While I would absolutely looove to have a guy with his type of personality on the Sox, I dunno about his study habits.

They'd love him on Milwaukee avenue, though. :lol:

IMO, this is NOT the kind pf PR the Sox need, justified or not, can't you just hear all the Sox bashers including Mariotti?

No thx.