A.J. Pierzynski

AddisonStSox

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How does anyone here really know that Pierz is the kinda guy that everyone hates to play against, but loves to have on their team. No one knows what kind of locker room precense he brings except for the players that have actually played with him. Personally, I think the guy is a jagbag.

Oh god Willie....don't get me too excited.  I'm such a Pyrz fan.  Please kenny Please  :D

Just had another update...

-Sox interested in AJ

-Want to look into what they hear about his clubhouse problems, like preparation for games

-Probably gonna meet with him

Just had another update...

-Sox interested in AJ

-Want to look into what they hear about his clubhouse problems, like preparation for games

-Probably gonna meet with him

Who wants to make a picture of him in a Sox uniform. Its about time I try this thing out.

I want Pyrz...I want Pyrz.... :snr

Who wants to make a picture of him in a Sox uniform. Its about time I try this thing out. 

I want Pyrz...I want Pyrz.... :snr

I want him badly too, I just don't want to get my hopes up because I don't think the chances of it happening are all that great.

Prove me wrong Kenny!

On the last 1000 update they said the White Sox are interested in AJ for sure but they want to look into all of his clubhouse problems.

I would think the fact that Kenny is even looking into his clubhouse problems probably means NO. More importantly, is this a higher pirority over an arm? Land the arm, then play around with the change.

Then again, if you wanted to stick it to Twins management where would you want to go?

I think he would understand that all of their chips rest with Joe Mauer, their No.1 overall pick, hometown boy, top prospect, etc.

I am sure he didn't like to be traded and such, but I am sure he understands the reason why and doubt this would be a move to stick it to the Twins.

Had the Twins not drafted Mauer, Pierzynski would still be in Minny being a Sox killer.

Book it.

I think it's great news if the Sox are going to talk with A.J. about his attitude, etc. This at least means they're interested, and I'm sure A.J. will likely tell them what they want to hear. I would be just as happy to get A.J. as I would a starting pitcher because A.J. plays about 80 pct of the games, while a starting pitcher would participate in no more than about 20 pct of the games. He'd be a significant upgrade over anything we've had at catcher in a long, long time.

I think it's great news if the Sox are going to talk with A.J. about his attitude, etc.  This at least means they're interested, and I'm sure A.J. will likely tell them what they want to hear.  I would be just as happy to get A.J. as I would a starting pitcher because A.J. plays about 80 pct of the games, while a starting pitcher would participate in no more than about 20 pct of the games.  He'd be a significant upgrade over anything we've had at catcher in a long, long time.

do you think Buehrle and him will be opening day battery if Hudson or Johnson aren't traded for?lol :lolhitting

If the sox look into aj's problems and then talk with some guys already on the team about him then I would love to pick up aj. If I'm kenny I talk to aj and if kenny likes what he hears I talk to Buehrle, Pauly and Frank and see what they have to say. If they're comfortable with AJ in the clubhouse then he'd be an excellent pickup, jmo.

If the sox look into aj's problems and then talk with some guys already on the team about him then I would love to pick up aj.  If I'm kenny I talk to aj and if kenny likes what he hears I talk to Buehrle, Pauly and Frank and see what they have to say.  If they're comfortable with AJ in the clubhouse then he'd be an excellent pickup, jmo.

that's what should be done if KW were looking to sign him.

If the sox look into aj's problems and then talk with some guys already on the team about him then I would love to pick up aj.  If I'm kenny I talk to aj and if kenny likes what he hears I talk to Buehrle, Pauly and Frank and see what they have to say.  If they're comfortable with AJ in the clubhouse then he'd be an excellent pickup, jmo.

Exactly! If the guys say they have an issue with him, then he won't be here, plain and simple. However, at least it sounds like we're going to give ourselves a chance at adding someone who could fill a gigantic hole on this team. I know I'd be a lot more confident with a bottom of the order that include A.J. over Ben Davis.

I would be just as happy to get A.J. as I would a starting pitcher because A.J. plays about 80 pct of the games, while a starting pitcher would participate in no more than about 20 pct of the games.

Well, going by this 80/20 logic, one would be just as happy to land AJ Pierzynski as they'd be to land Randy Johnson, because Randy only participates in 20% of the games. :huh:

Sorry, I couldn't resist. I've noticed that you know your baseball, though, so this absurd baseball thought is isolated in my eyes.