Levine thinks RJ could be traded 12-16

beck72

On the updates, the ESPN 1000 announcer has said a few times that Bruce Levine believes RJ could be traded by the end of today.

If its true, its probably to the NYY, with the Sox involved [getting Vazquez]. Few other names have been mentioned surrounding RJ to get a deal done so quickly. While it's an outside shot the sox would land RJ, its possible.

Whatever happens both Vazquez and RJ are better SP's than Clement [esp at his reported $10 mill a yr deal]. I can live with Vazquez at some $8 mill/ yr, but not at his full 3 yrs, $34 mill price tag. So money from the Yanks should be part of any deal.

If the more likely scenario happens and the Sox get Vazquez in the deal who would likely be in the deal? My bet--Garland, Everett, and a top 10 prospect [Anderson?]. Thoughts? [The RJ scenario has been played out on multiple threads. So this

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, I don't post too often in the offseason, too many rumors and little real action for my taste, but I was just wondering if there is any chance Konerko would be involved as well. I hope not, because I felt it was time to deal Lee or Konerko, not Lee and Konerko. Thanks for the info.

Hey, I don't post too often in the offseason, too many rumors and little real action for my taste, but I was just wondering if there is any chance Konerko would be involved as well.  I hope not, because I felt it was time to deal Lee or Konerko, not Lee and Konerko.  Thanks for the info.

I doubt Pk would go. But a guy like Brian Anderson to AZ [who went to college there] would be a good PR and baseball move for the D-Backs

I'd love to dump Everett on some other team, but we all know in the back of our minds that we'll end up trading for him again in June.

I'm not crazy about getting Vazquez and his Garland-like ERA. Not only this, but we'd be trading Garland to get him, leaving a hole in the rotation. This deal for Vazquez doesn't do much for the team.

Garland, Anderson, and Everett for Vazquez?

I'm sorry, but that's way too much.  If you make that trade, you're still at step one, because again -- you only have four capable starters.  Giving up Garland (for Vazquez), as well as Anderson, does absolutely nothing for me.

When I got home at like 3:00 a.m. this morning (hey my finals are over...) I threw on ESPN Radio and the update said something along the lines of AZ and NY talking again... so this may be it, I would bet the White Sox are involved in some 3-way though

Garland, Anderson, and Everett for Vazquez?

I'm sorry, but that's way too much.  If you make that trade, you're still at step one, because again -- you only have four capable starters.  Giving up Garland (for Vazquez), as well as Anderson, does absolutely nothing for me.

Vazquez, Buerhle, Freddy, and Jose C >>>>> than MB, Freddy, Jose and Garland

I agree it leaves a hole at the 5th spot. But the key is getting a #1 or a #2 based around Garland [Anderson would be tough to lose. But I'd rather it be an OFer than B-Mac who could pitch for the sox in 2005]. The 5th spot could be filled by a non-tender [like a Jarrod Washburn, etc], or Schoeneweis, or an innings eater.

If the Sox can get a guy like Vazquez for less than Clement, I'd do it.

The thing with this move, we still need a #5. If we are not getting Johnson this trade blows. Unless it is Garland for Vazquez straight-up or we are getting Vazquez and signing Clement then it works.

Last week by making this trade, we solidifed our rotation and look a little hit to payroll. Now we do not need the payroll so as stated in an other thread, the Sox can overpay via free agency but not with professional talent.

The thing with this move, we still need a #5.  If we are not getting Johnson this trade blows.  Unless it is Garland for Vazquez straight-up or we are getting Vazquez and signing Clement then it works.

Wouldn't Garland be part of deal for RJ, leaving a hole in the 5th spot? I know RJ is better than Vazquez. But isn't Vazquez arguably better [stuff wise, upside wise] than MB and Freddy?

I'd love to dump Everett on some other team, but we all know in the back of our minds that we'll end up trading for him again in June. 

I'm not crazy about getting Vazquez and his Garland-like ERA.  Not only this, but we'd be trading Garland to get him, leaving a hole in the rotation.  This deal for Vazquez doesn't do much for the team.

Given the choice between paying Vazquez or paying Clement all that money, it's Vazquez hands down.

It's keeping Garland or having the chance to get rid of Everett that's the tough call.