Levine thinks RJ could be traded 12-16

beck72

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

If wouldn't be pissed if we give up Anderson as part of a deal to land a front line starter. I don't think Anderson is going to be a perennial All-Star when he gets called up. Sweeney is our prized jewel. Anyway, I don't think Vazquez is the guy we need. We need a guy like Hudson for a top level prospect. Anderson is too much to give up for Vazquez. Would I give him up in a Hudson deal? YES. Vazquez? NO

:nono

If wouldn't be pissed if we give up Anderson as part of a deal to land a front line starter.  I don't think Anderson is going to be a perennial All-Star when he gets called up.  Sweeney is our prized jewel.  Anyway, I don't think Vazquez is the guy we need.  We need a  guy like Hudson for a top level prospect.  Anderson is too much to give up for Vazquez.  Would I give him up in a Hudson deal? YES. Vazquez? NO

:nono

i agree. only give up anderson in a hudson deal, not for vazquez. but i wouldn't really wanna trade him for rj either, but then again i don't know that much about anderson except that he's our top prospect. but you say sweeney is the prized jewel, i thought anderson was. will sweeney be a better player than anderson?

If the Sox can still sign Clement or Perez and get Vasquez,Hudson  or RJ  in a trade we will  have the best  rotation in  baseball to  go along with a solid bullpen..

Hudson.if they can get him somehow...get him...i don't care who else they get, they can get no one else for all i care.

i hope we don't trade konerko in a deal for vazquez, or anderson for rj.  and if we get rid of carl, who plays dh while frank is out?  gload?

Fair question, let me add something here or remind on this topic -

There will be TONS of non-tenders next week. Two names already are out there, one possibly and one for sure - Gibbons of the Orioles and Cleveland let go of Josh Phelps a day or so ago. Both are 1B/corner OF/DH types.

Not necessarily advocating bringing one or the other in, but there'll be lots of talent available in January. Lots.

By the way, Phelps can really hit. He's the guy they got from Toronto.

On this particular subject, things are heating up. Clement is supposed to decide imminently, like Friday (tomorrow). Personally I expect all sorts of player movement by Xmas, or more accurately, next Wed. Baseball will pretty much shut down starting Thursday afternoon and I'd bet for most of the following week. And then pick up again right after New Years.

You know what? At one time in the not too distant past, Joe Borchard was our top prospect!!! Prospects have proven NOTHING, that's why they are prospects. Proven MLB players are just that... proven. I'd take my risks on a young proven player anyday over a Brian Anderson. But that's just me. We may be hanging on to the next Joe Borchard for all we know.

:angry:

I don't get why some of you still thinks it's possible for us to get RJ....

I mean look at the deal Arizona wants...

Jon Garland (24 year old, 3 years under his belt, great upside)

Major League Starting Out Fielder (AKA Aaron Rowand, if you think they will take Pods, Borchard, or Everett your INSANE)

Damaso Marte

Top Prospect (Brian Anderson or Ryan Sweeney)

....Anyone who thinks we should give up that for a 41 year old pitcher is nuts.

Not only that it leaves no money for a 5th starter.

No money for an offensive upgrade anywhere.

If Kenny does that he needs to be fired :puke

Fair question, let me add something here or remind on this topic -

There will be TONS of non-tenders next week.  Two names already are out there, one possibly and one for sure - Gibbons of the Orioles and Cleveland let go of Josh Phelps a day or so ago.  Both are 1B/corner OF/DH types.

Not necessarily advocating bringing one or the other in, but there'll be lots of talent available in January.  Lots.

By the way, Phelps can really hit.  He's the guy they got from Toronto.

On this particular subject, things are heating up.  Clement is supposed to decide imminently, like Friday (tomorrow).  Personally I expect all sorts of player movement by Xmas, or more accurately, next Wed.  Baseball will pretty much shut down starting Thursday afternoon and I'd bet for most of the following week.  And then pick up again right after New Years.

So I ask in return, why would Arizona accept Carl Everett if they know there are going to be some good outfielders available? They made an offer to David Dellucci, and are trying to sign Jeromy Burnitz.

Given the choice between paying Vazquez or paying Clement all that money, it's Vazquez hands down.

It's keeping Garland or having the chance to get rid of Everett that's the tough call.

Everett is still a major league hitter that would be a good DH especially if Frank is out. I would say there is a good argument to be made that Vazquez may not be a a better pitcher this year than Garland and WE STILL HAVE A HOLE IN THE ROTATION and no money to fill it.

According to Phil Rogers and BA, Anderson is a better prospect thatn Sweeney. That said, Anderson has had some minor injury troubles over the last few years and he really was struggaling (namath emphasis) during the AFL. In addition, Ozzie and KW seem to just love Sweeney. So while Anderson is our top prospect by outsiders, I bet the organization has Ryan as our #1 guy. Luckliy for us, others have Anderson as our #1 so we could trade the guy we don't feel is our best guy. It seldon works out that nicely. On a previous note, I may have been wrong about Clemens. Maybe it was just Pettite or both. It's sorta hazy because it all happened so fast.