Levine thinks RJ could be traded 12-16

beck72

FWIW ESPN 12:40 update, both local and national said nothing about RJ... Local said Sox are mildly interested in AJ (the Catcher with the funky last name I'm too hungover to try and spell), but have concerns about his attitude

That's some good news.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Everett is still a major league hitter that would be a good DH especially if Frank is out.  I would say there is a good argument to be made that Vazquez may not be a a better pitcher this year than Garland and WE STILL HAVE A HOLE IN THE ROTATION and no money to fill it.

We would have a hole in the rotation, but the Yankees would surely be adding some money to help offset Vazquez' contract. That money could be used to add a nonn-tendered/lower FA 5th starter.

Garland + Anderson + Minor League pitcher should do the trick...

On the updates, the ESPN 1000 announcer has said a few times that Bruce Levine believes RJ could be traded by the end of today.

If its true, its probably to the NYY, with the Sox involved [getting Vazquez]. Few other names have been mentioned surrounding RJ to get a deal done so quickly. While it's an outside shot the sox would land RJ, its possible.

Whatever happens both Vazquez and RJ are better SP's than Clement [esp at his reported $10 mill a yr deal]. I can live with Vazquez at some $8 mill/ yr, but not at his full 3 yrs, $34 mill price tag. So money from the Yanks should be part of any deal.

If the more likely scenario happens and the Sox get Vazquez in the deal who would likely be in the deal? My bet--Garland, Everett, and a top 10 prospect [Anderson?]. Thoughts? [The RJ scenario has been played out on multiple threads. So this

I would not give up Anderson or Sweeney or Bmac for Javier Vazquez. Depending on the cash being thrown the Sox way, i'd much rather have Matt Clement, imo. And know that the Sox starting 5 is complete.

Also, at this point I wouldn't deal Konerko for Vazquez. I bet the Yanks would love Marte though.

Everett is still a major league hitter that would be a good DH especially if Frank is out.  I would say there is a good argument to be made that Vazquez may not be a a better pitcher this year than Garland and WE STILL HAVE A HOLE IN THE ROTATION and no money to fill it.

Actually, with Gars $3.5 mil and Carl's $4 mil, if you can Get the Yanks to throw in even $2 mil with Vazquez then you are only 500k in payroll from where you are now, that's plenty to still sign a Perez or possibly even a Clement(though I'm against that).

Dye can DH and and we can go get Dave Roberts and his 30+ SB to play the OF, that'd give us 3 guys(Roberts, SPod, ARow) with CF range plus a 100+ SB outfield. You could even trade Crede for Furcal giving us close to a 200 SB team.

Now that'd be a run and gun team.

FWIW ESPN 12:40 update, both local and national said nothing about RJ... Local said Sox are mildly interested in AJ (the Catcher with the funky last name I'm too hungover to try and spell), but have concerns about his attitude

I heard Levine's comments being mentioned two times on Silverman's show [moronotti was off today] during the 11am to 12 pm hour on the updates.

I would deal Garland, Everett, and a midlevel guy for Vazquez and cash though. The Yanks can do what the hell they want from there. Otherwise, screw it, I'd have no interest.

I'd rather offer a package of Garland, Marte, and a prospect for Hudson and lock him up long term.

So I ask in return, why would Arizona accept Carl Everett if they know there are going to be some good outfielders available?  They made an offer to David Dellucci, and are trying to sign Jeromy Burnitz.

Why indeed.

I highly doubt AZ wants Carl Everett. If they want an OF, they want a young guy who's proven and cheap.

We would have a hole in the rotation, but the Yankees would surely be adding some money to help offset Vazquez' contract.  That money could be used to add a nonn-tendered/lower FA 5th starter. 

Garland + Anderson + Minor League pitcher should do the trick...

f*** that.

We're upgrading Vazquez over Garland, in addition to losing Andersen/additional prospect, only to have enough money to land a non-tendered FA SP? It's not the exchange of talent that's worrisome, but the reality we've only slightly improved.

I just called Kenny and this is what he said:

On RJ:

"Reinsdorf lives next door to him, so he doesn't mind paying him. He can just walk over to his house in the offseason and ask for a cup of money."

On Vazquez:

"Guillen absolutely loves him. Of course, that's because he's latin. Guillen loves all the latin players."

On Hudson:

"Do you remember what happened the last time I acquired an all-star pitcher from Beane? My sphincter is still sore."

My bet is we don't get any of the 3 and go with grilli in the #5 spot.

f*** that.

We're upgrading Vazquez over Garland, in addition to losing Andersen/additional prospect, only to have enough money to land a non-tendered FA SP?  It's not the exchange of talent that's worrisome, but the reality we've only slightly improved.

with the money left over, we're not going to get Clement for $10 mil/year. Perez' value is going up all the time. Who's left? Shoeney? Elo? Washburn? They aren't going to command the same kinda money and they might work out pretty well...I believe Loaiza was signed to be the fourth or fifth starter.

Anderson is expendable...And I was thinking along the lines of a lower tier minor league pitcher...not BMac, tracey, Gio, Honel, etc.

I still would rather have Hudson, though.

with the money left over, we're not going to get Clement for $10 mil/year.  Perez' value is going up all the time.  Who's left?  Shoeney?  Elo?  Washburn?  They aren't going to command the same kinda money and they might work out pretty well...I believe Loaiza was signed to be the fourth or fifth starter.

Anderson is expendable...And I was thinking along the lines of a lower tier minor league pitcher...not BMac, tracey, Gio, Honel, etc.

I still would rather have Hudson, though.

If we had to give up Gar to get RJ or Hudson I'd love to get Washburn to be our 5th, I just don't want him as our 3.

On the updates, the ESPN 1000 announcer has said a few times that Bruce Levine believes RJ could be traded by the end of today.

If its true, its probably to the NYY, with the Sox involved [getting Vazquez]. Few other names have been mentioned surrounding RJ to get a deal done so quickly. While it's an outside shot the sox would land RJ, its possible.

Whatever happens both Vazquez and RJ are better SP's than Clement [esp at his reported $10 mill a yr deal]. I can live with Vazquez at some $8 mill/ yr, but not at his full 3 yrs, $34 mill price tag. So money from the Yanks should be part of any deal.

If the more likely scenario happens and the Sox get Vazquez in the deal who would likely be in the deal? My bet--Garland, Everett, and a top 10 prospect [Anderson?]. Thoughts? [The RJ scenario has been played out on multiple threads. So this

Bruce was off in this one?

I just called Kenny and this is what he said:

On RJ:

"Reinsdorf lives next door to him, so he doesn't mind paying him. He can just walk over to his house in the offseason and ask for a cup of money."

On Vazquez:

"Guillen absolutely loves him. Of course, that's because he's latin. Guillen loves all the latin players."

On Hudson:

"Do you remember what happened the last time I acquired an all-star pitcher from Beane? My sphincter is still sore."

My bet is we don't get any of the 3 and go with grilli in the #5 spot.

You may all now bow to the almighty Oracle.

Jason Grilli it is.

:notworthy