Randy Johnson Trade Rumors

EvilJester99

Penny>>> garland. Which is the pitcher we would have given up for johnson.

wholeheartadly agree... This could be why the Sox didn't get RJ... AZ wanted "a list of ten" pitchers then heard later they wanted a starting outfielder. KW possibly couldn't land the pitcher and they wouldn't take Garland with out AROW....

KW's comments will be "well we tried, but AZ was asking for too much, I thought we were close to a deal"

Dodgers also want to salvage something from that questionable Mota trade, and maybe they think JV and the two prospects help make up for that....

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

wow. how the heck did the yanks just do that!!!! THAT PISSES ME OFF!

The real question to ask is why did anyone doubt that RJ was going to the Yankees? He said he wanted to and Georgie wanted him so it was just a matter of when and who the Yanks were going to partner with to get the deal done. I think it may be the Dodgers who took it in the shorts this time.

Just said on ESPNEWS the Dodgers are rethinking this because this was agreed BEFORE Adrian Beltre decide to leave LA. So they might back out causing the deal to fall through

:puke :headshake :banghead yeah that roughly sums up my feelings now!!!

On a sidenote this is a double edged conversation for me because I am a Dodgers fan too....

If this falls through and I'm AZ management talk to RJ and say "This week is it, we are going to go out and try and get the best deal we can, bring it back to you and see if you want to go to that team... if this doesn't happen you're pitching here this season and we will see where we are at at mid-season"

From rotoworld.com...

ESPN's Jayson Stark believes the three-team Randy Johnson may not get done because it was contingent on the Dodgers being able to re-sign Adrian Beltre.

If he's right, then the breaking news was old news, because the deal would have had to have been agreed to prior to today. For the Dodgers, this deal only makes sense as an extreme effort to free up money, which would then have to be used on a star. Carlos Beltran would be a viable alternative to Beltre, but it's unclear whether the Dodgers have had any talks with Scott Boras about him. Dec. 16 - 11:07 pm et

End this f***ing deal.

Please.

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!

I believe now, more than ever, Steinbrenner will do everything within his power to land Johnson.  Unit will not escape the clutches of The Boss.

The rumors at the start of the off-season could have been true then. Brian Cashman had to land Randy Johnson, no matter the cost, to save his job. ;)

The rumors at the start of the off-season could have been true then. Brian Cashman had to land Randy Johnson, no matter the cost, to save his job.  ;)

yeah, but if it's true that this deal hinged on LA re-signing Beltre (kind of makes sense, because now you're losing Green and Beltre for a team that didn't score a ton of runs) it would be hard for Big Stein to make this particular deal worth... he would have to hand deliver Beltran to them somehow (via a ton of $$$$)

Not to mention that the report also had the Dodgers sending Brazelbon and Brad Penny as part of the trade. Losing their two best hitters in Beltre (through FA) and Green, a starting pitcher and a good reliever on the same day sounds a bit much for just settling for Vasquez. I can see why they'd back out of this deal.

That is unless they are planning on making a big run at Beltran.

Do you think KW tries to resign Sox players under the radar?  Like use call-id block or just show up at their door-step one day.....

--Juan is sitting at home, reading a magazine--

All of the sudden, the bathroom flushes!!

"WHO DER???" says Juan.

Juan goes to see, and the last thing he sees is Kenny's head in the toilet bowl JUST leaving. A briefcase is on the floor with a note pinned, "Sign it Juan".

--Juan is sitting at home, reading a magazine--

All of the sudden, the bathroom flushes!!

"WHO DER???" says Juan.

Juan goes to see, and the last thing he sees is Kenny's head in the toilet bowl JUST leaving. A briefcase is on the floor with a note pinned, "Sign it Juan".

:blink:

:lolhitting

ESPN.com main page saying this deal isn't done...

One snag seems to be Green not wanting to leave LA

I remember when he signed there it was important for him to be around a large Jewish community... not sure what the Jewish community in AZ is like, so this could be the reason

This too.

ESPN's Jayson Stark believes the three-team Randy Johnson may not get done because it was contingent on the Dodgers being able to re-sign Adrian Beltre. If he's right, then the breaking news was old news, because the deal would have had to have been agreed to prior to today. For the Dodgers, this deal only makes sense as an extreme effort to free up money, which would then have to be used on a star. Carlos Beltran would be a viable alternative to Beltre, but it's unclear whether the Dodgers have had any talks with Scott Boras about him. Dec. 16 - 11:07 pm et

ESPN.com main page saying this deal isn't done...

One snag seems to be Green not wanting to leave LA

I remember when he signed there it was important for him to be around a large Jewish community... not sure what the Jewish community in AZ is like, so this could be the reason

They could bring in the expansion Jerusalem Torahs, and make it a 4 team deal -- I hear there's a pretty heavy Jewish population there.

Green is from Orange County. When he came to LA it was like a welcome home. His parents are really nice and run a batting cage he owns down in my area that high school teams and little league teams go to a lot. He goes by and talks to the kids a lot too.

Don't know if he still does all this, but he did a few years back. I'm sure he's really dissapointed to leave LA.