Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be fine with a rotation of:

Buehrle

Garcia

Contreras

Garland

Diaz/Grilli/Cotts/Adkins/Roulette Wheel

No, you wont.

We need a reliable starter to fill the 5th starters position. Preferably someone outside this organization. I agree AJ is a necessity, but I question how it may effect our clubhouse.

Well, it's Perez, or we look towards the lower tier of starting pitcher's, in Jarrod Washburn and Kevin Millwood.

I think I'd make an attempt to sign one of the two to a one year deal with a team option for a second year. Let them prove to us that they can pitch, and then cash in the second year. Sign Pierz, and call it an offseason, and I think I'd be pretty happy (but still a little bitter about losing Caballo)...

No, you wont.

We need a reliable starter to fill the 5th starters position.  Preferably someone outside this organization.  I agree AJ is a necessity, but I question how it may effect our clubhouse.

i would want perez, and i hope kenny has been flying under the radar for him. i also think aj's bad outweighs good

The Score might not have the whole story. Maybe KW just saw the news about RJ to the Yankmees and is on the phone with Clement agent sweeting the deal right now. Why not, I'm sure Perez will become way over valued too when Clement is signed.

Maybe the Sox should just get AJ Prz, Polonco, and make a trade for just a servicable veteran pitcher. A bad 5th starter is better than no 5th starter like last year.

I've got to admit, I actually had my hopes up for better news tonight.

The Score might not have the whole story.  Maybe KW just saw the news about RJ to the Yankmees and is on the phone with Clement agent sweeting the deal right now.  Why not, I'm sure Perez will become way over valued too when Clement is signed. 

Maybe the Sox should just get AJ Prz, Polonco, and make a trade for just a servicable veteran pitcher.  A bad 5th starter is better than no 5th starter like last year. 

I've got to admit, I actually had my hopes up for better news tonight.

Ditto.

I'll admit it, once I've had the taste of what it feels like to sign someone, someone of importance, I want more of that. I'm a greedy bastard. :D

Anyways, I'm thinking along your terms as well. Give me Pierz @ catcher, Polanco @ second, and sign Washburn and let him do it. If not, give it to Diaz. If he can't do it, give Grilli a try. If Grilli can't do it, give Cotts a try. If all those guys fail, well then -- damn. But I think Washburn or Millwood, if they came cheap, would at least be able to eat up innings for us and provide a sub-five ERA from the fifth spot. They can do that, right?

EDIT: The lineup would then be very stable, too:

LF-Podsednik

2B-Polanco

DH-Thomas/Everett (when Thomas is hurt)

1B-Konerko

RF-Dye

CF-Rowand

C-Pierz

SS-Uribe

3B-Crede

It'd be a nice luxury to have Crede, who potentially could break out (and he'd be a much better player hitting down in the nine hole, would see a lot better pitches), as well as Uribe hitting eighth. That lineup is quietly fearsome, one through nine...

when the f*** has the snore been right? how many times has george f***ing offman sucked his own dick on things in the past f*** the score and to hell with them :fyou  offman and wscr

You bring up a very good point.

If their original report that we offered 3 years 30 mil is right then this report is wrong, and we would still be in the Clement running.

If this report, that we are out of it is right, then the original report is wrong.

So somewhere along the line today, they were wrong.

You bring up a very good point.

If their original report that we offered 3 years 30 mil is right then this report is wrong, and we would still be in the Clement running.

If this report, that we are out of it is right, then the original report is wrong.

So somewhere along the line today, they were wrong.

its just bulls*** there pulling cause mvp is kicking there ass in every ratings book in every demographic. who the hell knows what clement is thinking. i just wish these f***ers at the snore wouldnt bulls*** 24/7