Sox on FSN...

clujer420

I just ordered the DIRECTV MLB Extra Innings package, and there are going to be a ton of Sox games carried on FSN (Fox Sports Net). Being that I'm in So Cal, I've never seen a Sox game on FSN, so I'm wondering if the announcers are Hawk and DJ?

Thanks in advance for any info!

Guest hotsoxchick1
I just ordered the DIRECTV MLB Extra Innings package, and there are going to be a ton of Sox games carried on FSN (Fox Sports Net).  Being that I'm in So Cal, I've never seen a Sox game on FSN, so I'm wondering if the announcers are Hawk and DJ? 

Thanks in advance for any info!

hawk and dj do fox sports net... and the only time we have anyone other than them is when were on espn or on the saturday afternoon fox sports broadcast..... so get used to the hawkisms now lol........

hawk and dj do fox sports net

Sweet! :D

I love Hawk, and DJ's OK, so I'm happy to hear that.

It's so cool...normally I only get to see games on WGN and ESPN (how often does that happen? :angry:), and of course when they play the Angels they're on sometimes. Now, I'm gonna get to see almost every game. I looked at the DIRECTV schedule, and the Sox are on all the time. It rules.

Guest hotsoxchick1

It's so cool...normally I only get to see games on WGN and ESPN (how often does that happen? :angry:), and of course when they play the Angels they're on sometimes. Now, I'm gonna get to see almost every game. I looked at the DIRECTV schedule, and the Sox are on all the time. It rules.

well i think this year we have a lot more wgn dates than we did last year... and hardly any espn ones.. (just a few that i saw).....most of them are going to be on fox sports.......enjoy your games.........hopefully you wont get to many black out dates..........

Your gonna love it. I've had it for like 3 or 4 years now and I've gotten spoiled. I get so pissed on those WCIU days as well as on Wednesdays where you can't see the games unless it is on ESPN.

I wish they did it like the other packages where there were no blackouts. You'd think if you paid the money, you'd get all the games. Oh well, I'll live with 125 of them or so :headbang

Hawk and DJ are fine with me.

Guest hotsoxchick1
Can anyone tell me how many dates WGN had during the early 90's.  Were Sox games once as prominate on WGN as Cubs games?

the early days the sox were more prominate on wfld, or what is now wciu..... wgn has always been a scrubbies channel.. and untill the past few years the sox were only on there a small handful of the time.... now they have a ton of games on there...... i know its better for you out of towners to get wgn............

Can anyone tell me how many dates WGN had during the early 90's.  Were Sox games once as prominate on WGN as Cubs games?

the early days the sox were more prominate on wfld, or what is now wciu..... wgn has always been a scrubbies channel.. and untill the past few years the sox were only on there a small handful of the time.... now they have a ton of games on there...... i know its better for you out of towners to get wgn............

No way...they're only on WGN around 30-35 times. That's pretty much the way it's been for the past few years, if memory serves me correctly. Once a week is about how often they're on.

Can anyone tell me how many dates WGN had during the early 90's.  Were Sox games once as prominate on WGN as Cubs games?

No way...they're only on WGN around 30-35 times. That's pretty much the way it's been for the past few years, if memory serves me correctly. Once a week is about how often they're on.

I'd agree, but I thought somewhere this year they said it was an increase in Sox games on WGN. I think they had like 28 last year, but thats just a number coming off the top of my head.

All I know is I want no games on WCIU.

Guest hotsoxchick1

back in the early 90's and even further back the sox were only on wgn about 10 times a season if that........honestly..........

back in the early 90's and even further back the sox were only on wgn about 10 times a season if that........honestly..........

I think you are right. I always remember them being on cable a ton right around the time the whole SportsVision/Channel thing got going.

You're right HSC.. but really there is no point to arguing... I actually think it was the '93 season in which the Sox made a deal with WGN to increase the broadcasting 100%.

Anyway.. this year the Sox are on WGN 29 times and the U 25 times.

Guest hotsoxchick1

oh steff im not gonna argue... i was merely making a point.... because you know, with all these tats and body piercings i just cant think straight sometimes.. ;) .... but i knew i was right on this one as you are right.. it was the end of the 93 season when they did a deal with wgn for more broadcasting..thats when the "new cable company" took over the city as well...........so i guess we all know a little somethin about this subject huh......... :D

oh steff im not gonna argue... i was merely making a point.... because you know, with all these tats and body piercings i just cant think straight sometimes.. ;) .... but i knew i was right on this one as you are right.. it was the end of the 93 season when they did a deal with wgn for more broadcasting..thats when the "new cable company" took over the city as well...........so i guess we all know a little somethin about this subject huh......... :D

Well damn. We know something :o ?!?! Go figure.. :huh: ;)

Guest hotsoxchick1

yeah i know its hard to think sometimes with all that metal and ink around us........kinda like a shield from knowledge isnt it??????? :huh: ;) :lol: