Sox Bullpen?

HuskyCaucasian

Hmmmm ... you have a point.

Plus even if no more moves are made, this is going to be a quality bench with Timo, Everett, Gload, and either Davis or Burke coming off of the bench. Honestly even if we don't sign another starter, I wouldn't be surprised if we had a 6 man pen. We have 3 200 IP SPs in the rotation, plus Contreras should be in the 170-180 range. That doesn't leave a lot of need for the pen, especially with that many quality arms to spread those innings out over.

What about Felix Diaz?  He may challenge Jon Adkins for that final spot.

I am hoping Diaz is the one chosen for the fifth starter's spot if we don't get that front line pitcher. Not that I'd be thrilled with the idea of yet another tossup in the fifth starter's spot, but Diaz >>> Grilli...

I don't know who is better. Diaz, Grilli, Schoney, BMac? .... These guys have to earn it ST if the 5th slot is still open. Diaz is older. Grilli has gone thru his recovery from surgery. Schoney has recovered as well. Bmac probably isn't ready yet, but give him a shot at it.

Cotts should be in AAA getting innings under his belt.

We do not need him this year. For the most part anyway. Vizcaino is excellent against lefties, yes best than cotts. They don't plan on having vizcaino set-up, they still plan on having hermanson do so. So my idea is have vizcaino face all the tough lefties/lefties while cotts gets a full year of triple a under his belt. Because in my opinion he is clearly not ready.

No, I believe that Ozzie will have to have a 7-man bullpen, simply because so far, I don't see how any of them could lose their jobs. Cotts was great against lefties and gave us a ton of quality innings, and Adkins might have been the biggest surprise of the year for the Chisox.

Great against lefties? Look again.