*Official* Clement to Boston

Guest JimH

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't doubt it.

If Clement doesn't sign with our club, Williams moves to Plan F and includes White Sox in this RJ trade.

This Johnson thing is going to take atleast a few more days to shake down. Gammons and a few others have said maybe a week to hammer this out.

I don't think Clement waits that long.

If true, Williams shouldn't give up anyone not named Jon Garland and Paul Konerko.

I can't see how in the world they could give up Garland in this deal. Unless Kenny has someone we don't know about "on his radar".

From the sound of what Rosenthal said, I would think it would be Garland and prospects. Because really we'd be getting Vazquez from LA, who has no need for Konerko.

I can't see how in the world they could give up Garland in this deal. Unless Kenny has someone we don't know about "on his radar".

From the sound of what Rosenthal said, I would think it would be Garland and prospects. Because really we'd be getting Vazquez from LA, who has no need for Konerko.

LA needs power if they give up Green, and is it a sure thing that LA is going to play Kent at first? I have heard that the Dodgers are going to go after Delgado.

LA needs power if they give up Green, and is it a sure thing that LA is going to play Kent at first?  I have heard that the Dodgers are going to go after Delgado.

I'm not sure they'd want to pay Konerko, seemingly one of the holdups of the deal is that LA wants money from NY to cover Vazquez so they can jump in on Drew.

Right-hander Matt Clement, who became one of the most sought-after free agents this winter, on Friday agreed with the Boston Red Sox on a three-year deal that is believed to be in the range of $25 million.

Clement's agent, Barry Axelrod, confirmed the agreement and said the deal would be made official after the contract was finalized and the Clement underwent the usual physical.

Axelrod said there was one personal factor that might have swung the decision to the Sox in Clement's mind.

"In the end, geography may have taken a prominent place," Axelrod said.

"Matt's family and his wife's family are in Pennsylvania. The thought of his dad and other family members being able to easily get to Boston to see him pitch became a big factor for him. Who wouldn't want to pitch in front of their family at Fenway Park?"