*Official* Clement to Boston

Guest JimH

Gage, Are you going to stand alongside as we massacre KW?

It sure as hell looks that way. I have zero confidence in then signing Perez and after that the market just isn't all that attractive.

I'm pretty pissed out right now. They trade Lee to get a starting pitcher and they f*** that up. A guy that legitimately wanted to stay in Chicago and would of been happy to pitch here.

And they won't get Odalis and then we'll be stuck with them talking about how great Robert Person is going to be and how the year off did him well.

I may be jumping off the deep end here, but thats it, after Perez the market takes a huge dropoff and screw Vazquez, he isn't worth the money he's going to get and after seeing what the Dbacks or Yanks want for them its a ridiculous thing to do.

Your just as safe signing Perez who may be as good of a pitcher as him and having him signed cheaper then Vazquez without giving up Garland (novel concept).

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He better give that money to Odalis and make a run at him, cause this is f***ing bulls***.

If the Sox offered 3yr 21 they should immediately offer it to Perez and go from there. Kenny screwed this up big because they could of gotten Perez a week ago at 5-6 mill. NOw they can't.

Good. Clement doesn't have the stones to earn his $25 million. Boston is going to regret signing him. Sign ELo, AJ, and Cabrerra. Let Schoenweiss and Ben Davis go. You still may have some money to play with.ELo's "tired" shoulder won't get so tired as the #5 guy, getting skipped over occassionally, plus he was pretty effective with the Yankees in the playoffs. AJ is a huge upgrade over Davis, and Cabrerra would push Harris to the bench, and the White Sox middle infield defense would be amonst the best in baseball, not to mention the offensive upgrade as well.

E lo and AJ are possibilities, but Cabrera won't be coming our way.

Hermanson anyone?

Like I said before we deal Carlos as a salary dump. He didn't want talent because talent costs money. Instead he wanted a one year wonder so it would stay cheap. JR isn't in a hurry to bring in a 5th starter with that 6 Mil. He'd rather keep the money so our payroll can be as low as possible.

If the Sox offered 3yr 21 they should immediately offer it to Perez and go from there. Kenny screwed this up big because they could of gotten Perez a week ago at 5-6 mill.  NOw they can't.

Why do i feel he still would have not signed for only 5-6 million? When it was rumored even before then that milton was gonna get 7-8. Perez is clearly the better pitcher which is my reason for beleiving he would have not signed for that little.

Like I said before we deal Carlos as a salary dump. He didn't want talent because talent costs money. Instead he wanted a one year wonder so it would stay cheap. JR isn't in a hurry to bring in a 5th starter with that 6 Mil. He'd rather keep the money so our payroll can be as low as possible.

Yep, it clearly seems to me that the Carlos trade was a salary dump to get within budget, and not to clear money for our potential moves. If the Sox had signed Clement, there's no doubt in my mind we would have traded someone like Konerko to get back within budget. I don't know when Sox fans got the idea we were going to have a payroll in the 75 million range. In just the last two days, we've spent nearly half the money resigning Uribe and Timo, and not to mention we're trying to lock up Rowand. That's where the money is going!

IF Kenny Williams goes into spring training with Ben Davis at C, Willie Harris at 2b, and Jason Grilli or Schoeneweis at SP, I will not attend a single Sox game. KW has done nothing but make this team into a middle of the road franchise. When he took over, we were the up and coming organization that looked to have a decade of prominence set up.

Guys dont ya get it. The whitesox are under ozzie's philosophy and right now the team is heading another direction. Ozzie wants team play small ball. Thing is the American League is not small ball at all. Ozzie has 2 yr contract and I gurantee by the end of yr. we will resign him back. Yes, we lost out on clement. But, thing is we can't outbid people. Now one problem I do have with Kenny Willams is why did he just sign Hermanson and use that money to get the pitcher? Kenny saying hermanson was a part of Plan A and quite frankily plan A signing Hermanson and Visquel really does suck. Then plan b to trade lee free up money and get faster team. I agree we need have faster guys on the team. Dye signing was great and I compliment Kenny for that. But one thing that just ticks me off the most is the last 2-3 yrs he has seen 5th spot done crap and looking at the record just danm well shows it. Kenny your goal of trading lee should of been for pitcher and quite frankily kenny has not done his job and he keeps avoding it thinking its going be ok with Grilli or the rest of minor leaguers. Did kenny not get it when we saw almost all our minor league talent get shelled at 5th starter ? do we need to hit him with fastball to head like happeened sosa to show that we need a guy that can at least pitch 5-6 innings and give up 2-3 runs. Is that to hard to ask. By the way you wanna talk about problems, I gurantee you if we sign Aj I will stand by my point that if their was problems of carlos lee attitude then what hell you think ur getting with aj? It makes no sense other than we need better catcher. But if lee attitude was reason we traded him I will certainely be pisst because he had option on his contract come back like konerko who dosen't. Could you imagine Paul Konerko, Carlos Lee, Magglio Ordonez all gone in one yr. I forgot the rising success of Joe Boarchard is what Kenny is waiting on. Kenny has views on players and when Reinsdorf look at some player he sees it in his eyes hes worth his price and is ignoarnt to step up the price. The only guy he step up for was Albert Belle. I hope to say that Kenny grade so far is C at this moment . It could change from now. I hope Kenny does something about 5th spot because this is not only year chicago white fans have complained about it. Get working Kenny

Let's reflect back on the beginning of this offseason, shall we?

I've been telling all of you this is to expect from this organization. You can NOT give them any consideration in signing ANY legitimate FA's. Sure Dye, Hermanson is decent signings, but how about the area of our club which has led to our downfall? No additional starter has yet to be signed, despite Williams noted priority in obtaining one.

Hope all members have come to realize the true nature of this club. It doesn't matter if Williams would have payed Clement 25mil/3yrs, because he would be a welcomed addition to this club. I don't understand how people can applaud this. Overpaying for the area of this team which has been attributed to our downfall is well worth the price.

There is time remaining for Williams to redeem himself. All I know is he must move quickly. Waiting for the bidding wars to end for Perez may be too late.

I could very well be wrong. But, Clement said it himself that he would like to stay in Chicago and I just feel  KW low balled him, as usual.

Yep! 4 million over 3 years is negligible, especially considering the $1 million we just gave to Timo.

Well, since Timo is our #5 OF, maybe he can be our #5 SP.

This Sucks! Typical Sox crap... Pony up the $4 mill for a guy we really needed and he's ours.

Pal, where have you been last 2-3 yrs? Have you not seen the 5th starter spot?? are you gonna tell me that he couldnt get a free agent pitcher last 2 yrs??? Yes he could of and he could not sign hermason and used money of 5 mil with lee money get a pitcher. Dont you tell me this first time. Its been like this all the time.

Yep!  4 million over 3 years is negligible, especially considering the $1 million we just gave to Timo.

Well, since Timo is our #5 OF, maybe he can be our #5 SP.

This Sucks!  Typical Sox crap...  Pony up the $4 mill for a guy we really needed and he's ours.

Four million over three years? Who?

I think every one needs to settle down. This was the first big-time free agent that we have been on in for a long time and we lost out on him. Well, it sucks, but the bashing over KW for 1 guy is incredible.

I'm not bashing KW as much as I am Sox philosophy and JR.

Can you justify cutting the offer off at 21 rather than 25? This makes the Lee trade look horrible.

I'm saying, our offer for Matt was 3 years/21 million.  Boston's offer is supposedly 3 years/25 million.

That is a difference of $4 million.  Divide that by 3 and you're talking about 1.33 million a year.

What a joke

O.k. i did not understand that in the first place.

What???? 4 million was not our offer. Stop making stuff up. An original offer had us at 3 years, 8.5 per. Bruce Levine was just on about an hour ago saying we were in the neighborhood of 3 years, 21 million. Not the so-called 12 million that you said.

D'oh!