*Official* Clement to Boston

Guest JimH

I agree with KW that we shouldn't just sign someone to spend the money we have. It has to be the right fit. If you compare our rotation to the rest of the Central and even the AL it is pretty good. Only problem is the inconsistency of Garland and Contreras. I really don't care to see another fielder join us. If we add any players they should be pitchers.

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can everyone please post all Matt Clement news in this thread. We don't need a new thread everytime ESPN has an update and mentions something. If/when he signs today, I or another mod will change the thread title to Clement signs with "XXXX".

Thank you,

Ian

*pins*

i just heard on KROQ that they are going to play the mars volta and then announce that clement signed with the chicago white sox

if you cant tell already, this is a bulls*** post... even thou it isnt in green, you should have been able to use your best judgment and tell, that yes... i am full of s***.

Can we live with the rotation of: Mark B 15- 18 w

Garcia 15- 18 w

Clement 15 w

Contreras 12- 15 w

Garland 12-15 w

I would say this is arguably a top 10 rotation easily in baseball.

Teams with better rotations may be : Cubs :fthecubs

Redsox ...maybe

Braves

Yanks ..if they add randy

We easily would have the best in our division, and I would put it up against anyone in Baseball. :bringit

I'm not in favor of paying top $ for Clement, I would rather have Lowe or Burnett, however, and I am not a Cub fan, when Wood and Prior were out at the beginning of last year, Maddux was not great, Clement was the one that kept the Flubs in the race.

that is really a great point. He could easily be a pitcher in the middle or bottom of the rotation that could eat up some serious innings. Sign him

Something I love above Clement is that he's filthy against righty hitters. He would be a great addition to help shut down some of our yearly enemies like Mike Sweeney, Huntter, and Shannon Stewart. However, Clement struggles against lefties, so I don't like his chances facing a team like the Indians with Hafner and Victor Martinez.