*Official* Clement to Boston

Guest JimH

The Daily Southtown today said that not only are Sox trying to sign Rowand to a multiyear deal, but they're also trying to sign Timo to a multiyear deal. Why in the hell would we give Timo a multiyear deal? If KW was smart, he'd just save the money on Timo and use it to fill other holes. We have plenty of outfield options in the organization.

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Daily Southtown today said that not only are Sox trying to sign Rowand to a multiyear deal, but they're also trying to sign Timo to a multiyear deal.  Why in the hell would we give Timo a multiyear deal?  If KW was smart, he'd just save the money on Timo and use it to fill other holes.  We have plenty of outfield options in the organization.

Shhhh....You'll wake Gene.

I''m getting an idea of where that six million is going. Kenny finally knows what he's ben looking for on the free agent market.....ourselves!

Anyways, I would take Lowe over Clement for the same price in a NY minute. I would take the best area prep pitcher over Grilli for the 5th spot too.

I don't know how many times I've told people win/loss records mean nothing when compared to REAL stats, like whip and ERA, not wins or losses.

For the fools who won't stop judging pitchers on wins/losses, this is for you:

I recall a upcoming "superstud" named Danny Wright (yes, the same Danny Wright the White Sox released for sucking), compiling a 14-12 record in 2002 with a 5.18ERA. By the rational that wins/losses mean something, that makes Dan Wright our new #3 starter AND better than Matt Clement, yet we released him. Now PLEASE, shut up about wins/losses, it makes you sound foolish.

I witnessed Clement lose at LEAST two games last season 1-0.

The only issue with Clement is, and if the Sox sign him be ready for this, he takes a REALLY long time to pitch.

-y2

Peter Gammons will be on ESPNEWS , he is going to talk about the RJ trade and then the topic of "White Sox make offer to Clement."

Just knowing how ESPNnews works, it wouldn't surprise me if they just say "The Chicago Tribune and or Bruce Levine of ESPN 1000 is reporting the White Sox have made an offer to Clement." And that it's it..

Just knowing how ESPNnews works, it wouldn't surprise me if they just say "The Chicago Tribune and or Bruce Levine of ESPN 1000 is reporting the White Sox have made an offer to Clement." And that it's it..

It was one of there topics on the rundown. Usually they'll bring in a guy to talk about it like they did with the guy from ESPN 710.

Both Duke Davis on the nation-wide ESPN Radio Sportscenter and Jeff Dickerson on ESPN Radio report the Sox are still very much in the hunt for Clement. In fact, Duke only mentioned the Sox. He said "The White Sox want Matt Clement to stay in the city of Chicago, just on the other side of town."

So, while this isn't earth-shattering, it says the Sox are right there in the thick-of-things. For some reason, I think the scales are tilted in the Sox favor right now.

I don't know how many times I've told people win/loss records mean nothing when compared to REAL stats, like whip and ERA, not wins or losses.

For the fools who won't stop judging pitchers on wins/losses, this is for you:

I recall a upcoming "superstud" named Danny Wright (yes, the same Danny Wright the White Sox released for sucking), compiling a 14-12 record in 2002 with a 5.18ERA.  By the rational that wins/losses mean something, that makes Dan Wright our new #3 starter AND better than Matt Clement, yet we released him.  Now PLEASE, shut up about wins/losses, it makes you sound foolish.

I witnessed Clement lose at LEAST two games last season 1-0.

The only issue with Clement is, and if the Sox sign him be ready for this, he takes a REALLY long time to pitch.

-y2

I agree with the W-L argument. If we signed Odalis Perez, and he was placed in the rotation based upon his W-L record, he would be our #5...went about 7-6 last year IIRC.

What I do NOT agree with you or most everyone on his spending a lot on Clement. A guy that went 2-5 5.09 ERA 1.46 WHIP BB/9 of 4.5, K/BB of 2, and a HR/9 of just under 2(1.84) in the second half of the year, compared to what he did in the first half(7-8 2.91 ERA 1.18 WHIP 3.4 BB/9 3 K/9 .77 HR/9) is not really a guy I want for $9-10 mill or whatever he is going to end up getting.

I do think getting Clement could be a huge mistake that could cost us big time in the long run.

And yes, 3E8, I did notice it.