*Official* Clement to Boston

Guest JimH

I just want to see the White Sox sign a good pitcher. Signing either Clement or Perez into this team would be good. If I had to decide which of the two I’d get, I would have to say Perez for the reason that he’s younger, his lifetime ERA is lower, and he’s a left-hander.

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know how many times I've told people win/loss records mean nothing when compared to REAL stats, like whip and ERA, not wins or losses.

For the fools who won't stop judging pitchers on wins/losses, this is for you:

I recall a upcoming "superstud" named Danny Wright (yes, the same Danny Wright the White Sox released for sucking), compiling a 14-12 record in 2002 with a 5.18ERA.  By the rational that wins/losses mean something, that makes Dan Wright our new #3 starter AND better than Matt Clement, yet we released him.  Now PLEASE, shut up about wins/losses, it makes you sound foolish.

I witnessed Clement lose at LEAST two games last season 1-0.

The only issue with Clement is, and if the Sox sign him be ready for this, he takes a REALLY long time to pitch.

-y2

I also saw ELo lose 2 1-0 games in 2003. I'm sure glad the Sox didn't sign him to a $27 million extension after that season. Danny Wright also was injured so that is an unfair comparison. Clement had an era over 5.00 the last 2 months of last season, hardly worthy of the contract he will get.

Matt Clement should be the White Sox number one priority. It would stengthen our starting rotation drastically, the White Sox haven't had a solid 1-5 rotation in a LONG time.

Not only is Clement a great pitcher, he actually wants to stay in Chicago!! It doesn't get much easier, SIGN HIM KENNY!

CWSOX45