*Official* Clement to Boston

Guest JimH

Don't get me wrong, I hope we sign him. But if this thread has to keep up for a couple more days, everyone will hate Clement, just because they'll be tired of hearing about him. :banghead

Actually if he signs to another team I may hate him. But not because of overexposure.

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You could probably easily lock him up if you guarantee a 4th year because I don't think any of our competiters will match that. It's too risky though because Matt Clemet is very inconsistent.

The thing I like about Clement is the fact that he's a groundball pitcher who strikes people out and has electric stuff. He would fit in perfectly as our 3rd starter. If he comes in, then there is, I think a lot of pressure on Jose Contreras, if he fails like he did with the Yankees, then we could be in some trouble. It's the same with Freddy Garcia. You already know what you're going to get out of Buehrle and Jon Garland.

You could probably easily lock him up if you guarantee a 4th year because I don't think any of our competiters will match that. It's too risky though because Matt Clemet is very inconsistent.

The thing I like about Clement is the fact that he's a groundball pitcher who strikes people out and has electric stuff. He would fit in perfectly as our 3rd starter. If he comes in, then there is, I think a lot of pressure on Jose Contreras, if he fails like he did with the Yankees, then we could be in some trouble. It's the same with Freddy Garcia. You already know what you're going to get out of Buehrle and Jon Garland.

Actually I disagree, I think this will help alleviate pressure from Contreras. His problems in New York were due to pressure of the moment. As a number 4 here he will have a lot less pressure than if he was part of the top three in the rotation. I think it will do worlds of good for Garland who becomes the best number 5 that we have ever had.

I dont think Freddy has any pressure. He has enough guarenteed money. The only pressure if family pressure from Ozzie if he messes up.

i didn't see anything about clement, just alfonseca, beltran, and delgado

Neither did I. Only reference to Clement was the headline.

What's the purpose of mentioning 'White Sox making Offer to Clement' as a top news story, and not including further information? The actual offer, and perhaps recent information, would help.

Giving 3 years to a guy with the snap he puts on a ball is almost too risky. His elbow is like a walking friggin time bomb...it could almost literally go out at any time on any slider he throws. Giving 4 years to him would be insane...that is why the Mets continue to lose(see Pedro)

A Gacia-Buehrle-Clement-Contreras-Garland rotation is solid...I just do not like it considering Clement is going to get $10 mill, and considering that he was terrible in the second half.

God damint, we need to get this done.

Every day it seems we head more and more down the trail of a jacks*** 5th starter.

Kenny, step up to the plate and get this done.

This is not a slam against you in particular WHarris...

But I am sick and tired of people slamming Kenny. Unless you're the Yankees, and last I checked there is only one of them, you can't MAKE anyone sign. If you give a decent offer for what the player is worth and someone outbids you, so be it. It sure as hell ain't Kenny's fault. If someone is stupid enough to give Clement 4 guaranteed years or $10 mil per, have at it. I'm not one for giving him that.

Let's let Kenny do what he can. I want a solid SP as much as the next guy, but not by breaking the bank and handcuffing the team to get better.

And for those of you that want Kenny fired...I want to know how you would do it better. You are hearing one side of the story...unless you are some sort of fly on the wall in the negotiations with the agents. Which I doubt. Buehrle said it right...let's not worry about it until it actually happens. If we want to discuss it, great, but enough with the...

KW sux :fyou

fire kenny :chair

Can someone please explain to me why Matt clement would be a good fit here?

Matt Clement Career Numbers

69-75  4.34 ERA

JON Garland

46-51 4.68 ERA

Why are we jumping over each other to sign this guy?

For the same reason you want to sign Cabrera:

962 3516 440 944 233 23 72 412 244 321 97 30 .268 .316 .409 .725

Yeah, that's average and OBP

Uribe:

448 1657 228 440 90 27 47 209 91 331 28 15 .266 .307 .438 .744

Hey look...very close...and cheaper. MUCH CHEAPER!!!

For the same reason you want to sign Cabrera:

962 3516 440 944 233 23 72 412 244 321 97 30 .268 .316 .409 .725

Yeah, that's average and OBP

Uribe:

448 1657 228 440 90 27 47 209 91 331 28 15 .266 .307 .438 .744

Hey look...very close...and cheaper.  MUCH CHEAPER!!!

But don't you know. You have to look at cabrera's numbers once he came to the american league. Even though it is just a small sample size and his obp blew.

Can someone please explain to me why Matt clement would be a good fit here?

Matt Clement Career Numbers

69-75  4.34 ERA

JON Garland

46-51 4.68 ERA

Why are we jumping over each other to sign this guy?

Look at the 2+ years he was with the Cubs, not the years he was with a weak Padres and Marlins team.

Also look at the fact that Garlan'd had a good hitting lineup behind him virtually the entire career.

clement is a better pitcher then his record or carrer era indacate.... this market is pricing all pitching very high so we have to sign a #3/#4 guy for a lot... thats just how it is... the reason im jumping all over this guy is simple

have a pitcher we a ton of tallent, a lock on numbers 1 - 5 in our rotation... or

have 1 - 4 locked up... with an assclown fest fighting for number 5

hummmm

i wonder