*Official* Clement to Boston

Guest JimH

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can someone quickly update me?  Are the SOx talking to lowe all of a sudden?  Been swamped at work and have only been able to read a few posts all day.

Was just refreshing every once in a while hoping to see a Sox Sign Clement thread, lol.

Well I just had a beer with MJ&H -- :drink -- Too many people, no new news though.

Can someone quickly update me?  Are the SOx talking to lowe all of a sudden?  Been swamped at work and have only been able to read a few posts all day.

Was just refreshing every once in a while hoping to see a Sox Sign Clement thread, lol.

No we're not talking to Lowe, atleast not published reports of this.

We've supposedly increased our offer to Matt. No idea when it's going to come down.

All Clement posts are now in the *official* thread started by me. Lets keep it that way.

If were going to do that, lets merge this thread into it. That way all the information can be found there.

I can split it if people disagree, but I'm going to merge it right now.

Also for a bit of an update. I was in the car a lot of the day running docs around for work and I didn't once hear any mention on sports talk of Clement on the Angels.

At the same time they were all b****ing about the Dodger trade and then a few guys that are pretty good said they were pretty sure the deal was off at this point. Said Green wants a contract extension for good money.

:lol:

By the way, you going to Soxfest?  I'll finally get you that shirt that I promised ya a year ago  :D

I don't have tix, as I don't have the time to request it off(I blew two sick days this week), I may be off that weekend, but I doubt it. I might be able to make it out there for a night or something at best.

If were going to do that, lets merge this thread into it.  That way all the information can be found there. 

I can split it if people disagree, but I'm going to merge it right now.

Also for a bit of an update.  I was in the car a lot of the day running docs around for work and I didn't once hear any mention on sports talk of Clement on the Angels.

At the same time they were all b****ing about the Dodger trade and then a few guys that are pretty good said they were pretty sure the deal was off at this point.  Said Green wants a contract extension for good money.

Good call on the threads.

Gammons was saying the samething about Green. The belief is that one way or the other the Yanks will find a way to get this deal done, whether LA is in it or not.

It appears there's been a delay with Clement. I find it interesting Ken Rosenthal reports a 4th team has entered the Johnson trade situation. Rosenthal states that 4th team might end up with Vazquez. As a result, the Dodgers would have more financial flexibility to pursue free agents.

It's possible this whole Randy Johnson thing needs to shake out before Clement signs?

It appears there's been a delay with Clement.  I find it interesting Ken Rosenthal reports a 4th team has entered the Johnson trade situation.  Rosenthal states that 4th team might end up with Vazquez.  As a result, the Dodgers would have more financial flexibility to pursue free agents.

It's possible this whole Randy Johnson thing needs to shake out before Clement signs?

I love drama!