Cubs to Enter Johnson Deal??????

shagar69

Makes sense to me, it's been made clear that the Cubs can't do anything close to major without moving Sosa... Only thing that would make me question it is the Yankees are obviously going to go after Beltran, so why would they want to add another bidder to the fray?

Was this on an update, did they cite a source, how was it talked about?

Plus Johnson for vazquez straight up won't happen...there will be something else involved there...Money perhaps?

actually it could happen. cuz all the cubs care about is getting money freed up. so they wouldnt wanna take on ne other garbage from the yanks unless it were prospects

actually it could happen. cuz all the cubs care about is getting money freed up. so they wouldnt wanna take on ne other garbage from the yanks unless it were prospects

Right, but someone has to pick up Sosa's money and it won't be AZ... so the Yankees would have to foot the bill so the Cubs actually free up money...

I think gm's outside of chicago don't realize that he isn't that well loved. THey think he will be a major draw, and I'm not sure they are completely wrong on that. Evidence of otehr cities being oblivious to Sammy's deterioration with the fans is when ESPN asks why things fell apart for Sosa in chicago so rapidly. We all know that this has been years int he making.

Why would the Yanks help the Cubs free up money to get Beltran when they are going after Beltran themselves??

I think the LA deal is more logical for them

Who says the Cubs are targeting Beltran, and for that matter who says the Yankees are?

Borass? :lolhitting :lolhitting

Seriously though, that would probably free up enough money for the Scrubs to go after Maggs plus they'd have a pitcher they could turn around and trade for a LFer or in worse case scenerio keep. I just don't see them giving up a prospect like Guzman to do it.

The Yanks on the other hand have always been willing to give up Vazquez plus cash to get RJ, that's who they have a real hard on for. Beltran would be only lukewarm interest as long as they still have Williams. IMO it's a bunch of Borass smoke.

Arizona, who knows, who cares, they're just f_cking crazy if you ask me.

Arizona, who knows, who cares, they're just f_cking crazy if you ask me.

Damage control from the Wally Backman abortion! The new ownership looked like a bunch of f***wipes with the whole Wally thing....so now they're scrambling to make up for it.