Sox claim Bobby Jenks off waivers from Anaheim

CSF

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Angels fans are saying he can top off at 103 MPH, but he is a fat, alcoholic, racist, Redneck.

If you saw the ESPN piece about him on Outside the Lines about a year or so ago, it was apparent that the guy had as much of an upside of ANY prospect in baseball, yet his alcohol problems were still very much there.

I am really pulling for him, seemed like a nice kid in that story and he could surely help out bullpen big time throwing that heat.

If you saw the ESPN piece about him on Outside the Lines about a year or so ago, it was apparent that the guy had as much of an upside of ANY prospect in baseball, yet his alcohol problems were still very much there.

I am really pulling for him, seemed like a nice kid in that story and he could surely help out bullpen big time throwing that heat.

Yeah, I remember seeing that.

In other Sox minor news, White Sox designated RHP Eduardo Villacis for assignment.

I can think of a flamethrower from the Northside of the city that likes the sauce too. I'd take him on my team anyday.

Bottoms up.

From the tribune

The White Sox made two more roster moves Friday, claiming right-handed pitcher Bobby Jenks off of waivers from the Angels and designating pitcher Eduardo Villacis for assignment.

The Sox said the 23-year-old Jenks had arm problems last season while going 0-2 with a 10.71 ERA in five starts for three different teams, including Triple-A Salt Lake. The former fifth-round pick of the Angels had elbow surgery July 20.

Villacis, also a right-hander, was claimed off waivers from Kansas City May 26 last year and was 6-4 with a 3.28 ERA in 19 games with Double-A Birmingham

Jenks minor league stats

Strikeouts and IP almost equal at all major stops...

Walks are a major concern, as has been stated over and over.

Upside is tremendous, good move KW, this almost makes up for losing Ryan Wing.

Isnt' this the guy with the 100mph arm but major head issues?

Yup saw Jenks down here last year Pitch for San Juan, Had a pretty good season. Throws in the high 90's hits 100. Major Headcase like Mike Macdougal. I think it could be an interesting project

This guy has this much trouble and we were worried about ajs presecnce. Aj will pass kenny test. Welcome aboard aj whenever he signs here.

Well's he's a lot younger than AJ, with a hell of a lot more potential. Seeing as AJ peaked a long time ago that's pretty obvious. Also he won't be starting at the major league level next year likely, and won't be able to screw up any early year team chemistry. Completely different scenarios here.