if not a starting pitcher, then

thedoctor

looking at the potential non-tenders as well as players who are already out there, who would you like to pursue if the sox don't add another starting pitcher.

with the money available, i think it's likely that a move or two will be made before spring training, regardless of whether or not that move centers around a starting pitcher.

who do you want to see on the sox?

LoL, this shouldnt even be a topic, they NEED another starter.

But no, this actaully is a good topic, and I would go..

1.AJ

2.AJ

3.AJ

4.Polonco

5.AJ

i totally agree another starter is needed. the idea of going into another season of fifth starter roulette makes my stomach turn. however, i also don't advocate spending a bunch of cash on someone just because they're available.

cairo and pyrz would be my first two selections, although admittedly i'm not that familiar with the list of potential non-tenders.

LoL, this shouldnt even be a topic, they NEED another starter.

But no, this actaully is a good topic, and I would go..

1.AJ

2.AJ

3.AJ

4.Polonco

5.Alex Cora

I don't envision cora leaving any time soon now that beltre isn't there.

My order would be.

Pierzynski.

Planco.

Belliard- I still do not think he will get non-tendered.

Hairston.

I know it's ruining the topic, and it is a good topic, but...

1. SP

2. SP

3. SP

I do not want a blackhole at the end of the rotation again. That has cost us a ton of games over the past 2 years...I do not want it to cost us anymore games, period.

OK...now so I do not hijack the thread...continue on :) :D

Hairston. I have no idea how much Hairston would cost. Does anybody have any idea? I'd really like to get him if he is reasonably priced. He could potentially lead off. He seems to have a good obp. I'd love him batting second. He's had injuries so I wouldn't go overboard.

Polanco would be nice, but he will be pretty expensive.

Pyrzinski would be good at least offensively and provide that LH bat.

Hairston. I have no idea how much Hairston would cost.  Does anybody have any idea?  I'd really like to get him if he is reasonably priced.  He could potentially lead off.  He seems to have a good obp.  I'd love him batting second.  He's had injuries so I wouldn't go overboard.

Polanco would be nice, but he will be pretty expensive. 

Pyrzinski would be good at least offensively and provide that LH bat.

Signing Hairston to play 2B and bat second would be great. It's a gamble he'd stay healthy, but Willie could still be our speed utility player.

Hairston's OBP last year was .378. And unlike Willie, he will actually try to steal a base.

I'd be plenty happy adding him and Pierzynski. Neither of them should cost too much.

1- A.J. Pierzynski

2- Miguel Cairo

3- Jerry Hairston Jr.

I'd put AJ, and then Polanco or Hairston. If Hairston gets non-tendered and the Sox fall short in the pitching runnings I could see htem get a cheaper 5th, Pyrz, and Hairston.

Then if they need to Kenny can make a move at the deadline.