Timo Perez Signs One Year Deal

Southside hitmen

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Surprising. I wonder if this means Borchard and/or Escobar will be dealt.

Certainly Everett will need someplace to play once Frank is ready to DH.

Or does this mean Frank/Carl is headed somewhere?

Vewy vewy intewesting.

Surprising. I wonder if this means Borchard and/or Escobar will be dealt.

Certainly Everett will need someplace to play once Frank is ready to DH.

Or does this mean Frank/Carl is headed somewhere?

Vewy vewy intewesting.

Unless we are 20 games out at the trade dead line everett and especially frank will not be dealt.

Unless we are 20 games out at the trade dead line everett and especially frank will not be dealt.

OK, I'll bite: Why wouldn't we trade them? KW has tried to trade both in the past.

We're CERTAINLY not counting on either to be major contributors this year.

Thomas is hurt. Everett is, well, Everett.

Now, Frank has a no-trade clause, so he'd be tricky.

If KW could unload one or both of those contracts like he did Lee's, we would have Beltran money. Then Dye could DH.

A pipedream? Absolutely. But if KW could dump the money for those 2 and get something valuable in return, he'd jump at the opportunity.

OK, I'll bite: Why wouldn't we trade them? KW has tried to trade both in the past.

If KW could unload one or both of those contracts like he did Lee's, we would have Beltran money. Then Dye could DH.

A pipedream? Absolutely. But if KW could dump the money for those 2 and get something valuable in return, he'd jump at the opportunity.

Yes, it is absolutely a pipdream.

Why?  He is a decent 4/5th outfielder.  If anything it makes sure Borchard is not an option.

Rowand, Pods, Dye, Perez, Everett (Willie in an emergency)  Solid, not great but solid.  He is also a clutch RBI guy.

Paying Perez 1 mil to keep Borchard off the roster definitely has value.

Well obviously this would never happen but for the sake of discussion why would we make Dye the DH. I thought he was a very good defensive player, if anything in this bizarre scenario wouldn't Podsednik have the be the DH. :lol:

Everett is gonna be a major contributor the first couple of months and the moeny he is making is not as bad as everyone is thinking. If he played a full year healthy he would put numbers up just like dye if not better. His defense would not be as good but it would equal out fairly well. They will never ever trade thomas unless they get blown away by an offer... which they won't and he will not accept a trade out of here.

Everett is gonna be a major contributor the first couple of months and the moeny he is making is not as bad as everyone is thinking. If he played a full year healthy he would put numbers up just like dye if not better. His defense would not be as good but it would equal out fairly well. They will never ever trade thomas unless they get blown away by an offer... which they won't and he will not accept a trade out of here.

The first part I think you're right, the second part I hope you're right. Frank is still such a flat-out tremendous hitter, I don't understand it when people want to get rid of him. But I'm not convinced KW or the Sox feel that way.

:rolly

I would be willing to wager a significant amount of money that if and when Thomas is healthy, Everett isn't even in the lineup, much less a major contributor.

:rolly

I would be willing to wager a significant amount of money that if and when Thomas is healthy, Everett isn't even in the lineup, much less a major contributor.

The first couple of months= thomas not playing. He will also be the first option to come of the bench. Or do you think timo will?

The first couple of months= thomas not playing. He will also be the first option to come of the bench. Or do you think timo will?

Going to be interesting to see how Ozzie uses all these parts.

Once you have Thomas healthy you have Gload, Carl, and Timo on the bench. 3 left handed bats which is a plus.

Timo got some time last year as a defensive replacement, now with Lee gone, I don't see that as a role for him. Not going to take out Rowand, or Pod late in the game, Dye is a good outfielder as well.