Rosenthal: 4th team in RJ Trade Now

Mr. Showtime

Jim or Flash I forget who, made a reference to it, here is the buzz:

The Randy Johnson trade is apparently expanding from three to four teams, the Sporting News has learned. The identity of the fourth team is not known, but the Dodgers' return, which seems unusually light, could be enhanced by the additional club.

The initial three-way deal, first reported by the Sporting News, featured Johnson, Dodgers right fielder Shawn Green and Yankees right-hander Javier Vazquez. Under the new deal, the fourth team could end up with Vazquez.

All I could think of here is White Sox, Angels, Marlins as the 4th team. No way George is going to let Boston in this deal. The plot thickens.... :ph34r:

wait, I thought the deal was confirmed; I'm so confused!!! :huh

The deal was agreed to in principal by the teams. There is/was money to be worked out in terms of if the Yanks would give LA and Arizona money. Green has to waive has no trade clause, and he apparently wants a contract extension from Arizona to do this.

So nothing by any means is done or official.

The Sox need to sign Clement, then they can trade Garland ect and get Vasquez or RJ. If they can get Clement at a hometown discount {IF} then do it. If you play with Clement, he goes to Boston or Angels. The Sox are then desperate and get screwed even worse in the trade. Or the trade never happens. If the payroll goes to far over and the fans don't show, then fire sale.

Rosenthal is extremely unreliable, as are many other so-called sources.

IMHO, the best sources in baseball are Jayson Stark and Tim Kurkjan.

Besides information coming from those names, I pretty much dismiss everything else until it is proven otherwise.

Hows this for a hypothetical, Konerko goes to LA...

Sox get Vazquez + cash -- Sox have even more money, and the rotation looks like this.

Buehrle

Garcia

Vazquez

Contreras

Garland

Gload/Phelps platoon at first. Phelps can play C in an emergency, that's the 3 catchers that ozzie likes.

Now there's added money for a MIF bat Polanco or Cabrera are excelent possibilities with the money left over.

Pierz could also probably be fit into this plan.

Remind me where Phelps came from again?

He was traded to Cleveland from Toronto, forcing them to make a tough decision with Escobar. They DFA'd him earlier this week. The Drays are trying to work out a trade for him... So we could get two players out of that odd set of moves.

He's nothing more than a platoon player at this point, but he's young and cheap, and has a .900OPS vs. LHP.

I remember we were also in a bidding war for some AAA 1B -- My guess is that he's probably a righty with good platoon splits too.

Like I said no matter what we need to keep Garland.

I'm afraid KW has a serious hardon for Jason "The Puke :puke" Grilli. If we trade Garland thats it. There is no other 5th starter. Jason Grilli=no division title just himself. He's that bad.

I want them to get a starter and not give up anything. We can't f***ing afford to.

Like I said before the longer we go without signing a starter with that C Lee money the worse this trade looks. If we start the season with out one it will be offically worse then the Ritchie and Botch deals. Also quit all these fairy tales of JR signing Clement, Vazquez, a C, and in infielder. We will be lucky if he doesn't take that 6 mil he saved in the C Lee deal and buy himself an ivory back scratcher with it.

I'm sorry but the longer this goes on the sicker I am with this whole situation.

Also quit all these fairy tales of JR signing Clement, Vazquez, a C, and in infielder. We will be lucky if he doesn't take that 6 mil he saved in the C Lee deal and buy himself an ivory back scratcher with it.

I'm sorry but the longer this goes on the sicker I am with this whole situation.

Also quit your chicken little posts with the :puke smiley, 4th place finish predictions, OMGWTFLOL Randy Johnson is OLD rants, JR is a cheap bastard laments, and anything Eric Milton(wait I think that was butter)

I'm sorry, longer Jeckle is sick of the situation the more I look forward to doing this. :P

All in good fun Jeckle :cheers

Hows this for a hypothetical, Konerko goes to LA...

Sox get Vazquez + cash -- Sox have even more money, and the rotation looks like this.

Buehrle

Garcia

Vazquez

Contreras

Garland

Gload/Phelps platoon at first.  Phelps can play C in an emergency, that's the 3 catchers that ozzie likes.

Now there's added money for a MIF bat Polanco or Cabrera are excelent possibilities with the money left over.

Pierz could also probably be fit into this plan.

I'd be fine with that and I heard today quite a few DOdgers fans call in saying they would want Konerko. Then again quite a few were calling in saying with all this money they should try and trade for Ordonez, lol.

It would make sense too me, although I'd like to see Gibbons or someone with some power potential brought in to replace Konerko and battle with Gload.

ANd I'd definately be all over adding pyrz afterwords.

I'd be fine with that and I heard today quite a few DOdgers fans call in saying they would want Konerko.  Then again quite a few were calling in saying with all this money they should try and trade for Ordonez, lol. 

It would make sense too me, although I'd like to see Gibbons or someone with some power potential brought in to replace Konerko and battle with Gload. 

ANd I'd definately be all over adding pyrz afterwords.

Gibbons will not be coming here now that the piece of s*** timo is back. :crying

If getting Vazquez hinges on trading Konerko, count me in as wanting another year of the Roulette Wheel.

A platoon of Phelps/Gload would cost about $7.5M less than Konerko, and would produce at very close to the same level.

Phelps vs. LHP last 3 years is .309/.373/.535

Gload is about .300/.355/.465 on a full season vs. RHP.

Konerko's 3year splits aren't as impressive

vs. LHP -- .299/.360/.540

vs RHP -- .265/.338/.461

We might lose 5-10 HR's, but we'd be more of a "grinders" oriented team, with a higher BA from our 1B spot. $6-7M cheaper

A platoon of Phelps/Gload would cost about $7.5M less than Konerko, and would produce at very close to the same level.

Phelps vs. LHP last 3 years is .309/.373/.535

Gload is about .300/.355/.465 on a full season vs. RHP.

Konerko's 3year splits aren't as impressive

vs. LHP -- .299/.360/.540

vs RHP -- .265/.338/.461

We might lose 5-10 HR's, but we'd be more of a "grinders" oriented team, with a higher BA from our 1B spot. $6-7M cheaper

We already saved money on Carlos, they don't need to be off the hook for any more money saved.

i would be fine with paulie to the dodgers for javy v. because paulie is due 8.5... javy v. makes the same if im not mistaken... that means we would still have the 6 from the lee trade to spend on some offence.... penski (the SF catcher guy)??? ciaro to help willie vs LHP??? etc.... i like this move a lot and i think it opens up a lot of options for us knowing we would have the rotation settled from 2005 - 2007

cool