Will the Sox get Perez?

Yoda

Yes or No?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Yes or No?

• Yes
    • No

Prepare yourself for this year's crap shoot project...

Esteban Loaiza was the main one we've had that panned out.

Robert Person, well, you know how he did last year.

We'll sign someone to a minor league deal and KW will jizz in his pants over the "potential" of this individual panning out.

Of course we caught lightning in a bottle with Loaiza and I don't expect it to happen again anytime soon.

I have to say, its worked for the Sox in the past. We've gotten Loaiza, Gordon and Politte through these kinds of deals.

Then again, we did get stuck with Jackson and White through these deals.

I believe Gordon and Politte had major league deals, unlike Loaiza.

I am talking a bottom of the barrel reclamation project that KW will talk up until his elbow blows out down in Tucson.

Prepare yourself for this year's crap shoot project...

Esteban Loaiza was the main one we've had that panned out.

Robert Person, well, you know how he did last year.

We'll sign someone to a minor league deal and KW will jizz in his pants over the "potential" of this individual panning out.

Of course we caught lightning in a bottle with Loaiza and I don't expect it to happen again anytime soon.

You could also look at that as KW is trying to get 8-10 wins out of some guy who has never put it all together, ala ELo and Scho, and he will get it very cheaply too.

Clement might get 15 wins in Boston...might put up an ERA under 4...and will probably start a playoff game, assuming they make it...for $8.5 mill a year. Meanwhile, we can get 8-10 wins from whoever...might put up an ERA under 5...and will not start a playoff game for us, assuming we make it...and he will make between $500K-$1 mill.

Which is the better deal?

Nope, Gordon and Politte were both minor league deals.

I am pretty positive both Politte and Gordon both got guaranteed major league deals.

They were not non-roster Spring Training invitees, which is what both Person and Loaiza were.