Chicago Tribune Sox update

fathom

On chicagosports.com, there's an article that states that Grilli will likely go into spring training with the 5th spot his to lose... :fyou KW.

Also, it says that Ben Davis will definitely be offered abritration. I can't see the Sox spending like 1.5 million on Davis and also offer A.J. Pierzynski like 3.5 million a year.

Looks like another disaster of a season waiting too happen if you ask me. Please, will any true Sox fan not believe KW's bulls*** if he says that they're saving money for June/July. If you really want to make your team better, you play for the whole season, and not just half the season. We can't trust KW to make good trades anyway. The Sox could be 5 games out, and I'm sure he'd still look to trade Sweeney, Anderson, or McCarthy for some 35 year old injury plagued outfielder.

there are a lot of people who just want to win... and how hard is it to go aquire ONE f***ING pitcher with all that money we've saved??? God f***ing damnit... KW is good but never goes quite far enough... Grilli? f*** that. Davis? he hasnt proven anything...

I defended KW when the question was posed concerning his job security if the Sox fail to make the playoffs this season. Well, I will no longer defend him if we can't land a better option that Jason f***ing Grilli in the 5th spot. He should have never traded El Caballo unless he absolutely, 100% KNEW that he had a solid pitcher who would sign with the Sox. His failure to do so has weakened our offense tremendously and has resulted in nothing more than a minimal increase in bullpen quality. Yeah, it's all well and good to have some money laying around, but what the f*** does cash in a bank do to improve your ballclub? Nothing! It's a hack job of managing a budget and team.

You guys should read the article first.....Fathom, you twisted the words of the article a bit:

The pitchers the Sox used in the fifth spot of the rotation gave up 55 home runs. Jason Grilli, who may go into spring training with the fifth spot to lose if the Sox don't sign free agent Matt Clement, gave up 11 home runs in only 45 innings.

If we don't have 5 solid starters you might as just write off the f***ing year, I'm not even kidding.

Jason f***ing Grilli?  What in hell did he do to earn the job, was it his 7 ERA or the 0 QS?

I think it might have something to do with the fact he lasted 4 or 5 innings in his starts. That seems to make him an ace.

It said he may go into ST with the spot to lose, and he will lose it because he will get his ass ROCKED in ST. ROCKED. And I'm not just talking about normal rockage of Sox pitchers during ST like usual. Remember a 5 era is out of the ordinary in Tucson. Grilli's era will be in quadruple digits.

You guys should read the article first.....Fathom, you twisted the words of the article a bit:

The pitchers the Sox used in the fifth spot of the rotation gave up 55 home runs. Jason Grilli, who may go into spring training with the fifth spot to lose if the Sox don't sign free agent Matt Clement, gave up 11 home runs in only 45 innings.

Well, since they didn't sign Clement, I would assume that it would only increase the chance that he "may" enter camp as the 5th starter. Also, on no planet is a 7.40 ERA acceptable from a starting pitcher. If we want a crappy 5th starter, Cotts is a better option cause at least he has potential.

I will do everything possible to see to it that Kenny is booed off stage at Soxfest.

We needed one f***ing thing this off-season. We needed one thing more than anything else...and your answer is Jason Grilli.

Here's a big f*** You To Kenny "I'm a professional General Manager" Williams.

Its disgusting and utterly unjustifiable.

I defended KW when the question was posed concerning his job security if the Sox fail to make the playoffs this season.  Well, I will no longer defend him if we can't land a better option that Jason f***ing Grilli in the 5th spot.  He should have never traded El Caballo unless he absolutely, 100% KNEW that he had a solid pitcher who would sign with the Sox.  His failure to do so has weakened our offense tremendously and has resulted in nothing more than a minimal increase in bullpen quality.  Yeah, it's all well and good to have some money laying around, but what the f*** does cash in a bank do to improve your ballclub?  Nothing!  It's a hack job of managing a budget and team.

But KW has plans that he falls back on remember? He might be on Plan ZZ bu now, but he has a plan. We need to trust him becasue after all he works for Jerry Reinsdorf who wants to win more than anything in the world. Just ask him. I have been a Sox fan for 45 years people and I am fed up with listening to this stuff coming out of the front office too. We have lost not only Lee but remember we let Maggs walk and we we let Jose V walk meaning we gave up an offense that could hit about 100 homers between just those three and drive in 300 runs total. What did we replace that with? But, we saved money.

I think it might have something to do with the fact he lasted 4 or 5 innings in his starts. That seems to make him an ace.

Honestly even if we sign no one I still can't see Grilli out performing Diaz in spring training...

In my opinion the kid has talent, tremendous control, the guy had an outstanding year at AAA Charlotte. Not only that he had like 2 Quality starts last season and had a very good stint in the pen toward the end of the year.

The only problem is I think Grilli could totally tank it and Diaz could throw 5 perfect games and I think Kenny would still give Grilli the job. Maybe thats a little extreme but this Grilli thing has already gone too far. The fact we are even talking about this at all makes me sick.

KW isnt going to get fired. He jumps around yapping like the taco bell burrito dog. Making all sorts of noise, getting hopes up. Then in the end JR gets money back.

KW to JR. Jerry, I think we can land a big free agent pitcher. It will cost us 7 million.

JR to KW Kenny go for it. But you need to dump some salary. Trade Lee or Konerko and you can reinvest the money. Didnt Ozzie say something about fast guys like Pierre. Get someone like Pierre but cheaper.

KW to JR. I got a trade setup, we get rid of Carlos and get a fast guy who is on a down season and another bullpen pitcher. We will save about 6 million that we can use to reinvest into clement.

JR to himself 6 millllllllion dollars, jackpot.

JR to KW I think we can get a hometown discount on Clement. Give him 7 million, and structure the deal the way we structured Colons deal. He can get his 21 million over the next 10 years. Tell him we will give a team option for a 4th year and a 5 dollar buyout.

JR to KW Now if this doesnt work, dont worry we can reinvest it later. I can get interest, i mean dont make rash decisions on a pitcher. Hey that Grilli kid looked good last year. Check out his ERA+ numbers. I think you may have a steal there.

KW to Ozzie: Clement didnt work out, but Jason Grilli looks good for number 5. Why do you keep saying Chinga. Who is Chinga Te? Is he that korean hitter we signed for 2nd base.

JR to the board: The plan is almost complete. I have our man out doing a good PR job. He has them believing that we will reinvest the money in the team. We are at 64.2 million on the payroll. I figure that by July 1st we will be able to get rid of Konerkos salary and Everett. Next year we can launch these kids can play II. Its all going according to plan lord vader.

The only way I could understand KW not bringing in another starting pitcher is if he upgrades the Sox at other positions by bringing in a few guys like Pierzynski, Polanco, or others. I would hate that we'd have to go with Grilli or Cotts, but I would be a lot more confident in our lineup. Rather, if this team stays at it is, KW is a f***ing idiot who deserved to be fired 2 years ago.

Quote from Rotoworld on October 2nd.

Jason Grilli was tagged for six runs in 3 2/3 innings tonight in a loss to the Royals.

Only the White Sox would prefer this to Felix Diaz. Grilli finishes 2-3 with a 7.40 ERA. There will be no reason to keep him on the 40-man roster in the offseason.

JR saves his money and the human pinball machine starts the 5th starter saga once again.