NY Rumors about Vazquez

fathom

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we do PK for Javy straight up, I'd actually be for that.

Then use some money to sign AJ and Cairo, and head to Tuscon.

Ditto. Except, I'd be more inclined to add another power bat to the lineup.

If, for some chance, that the deal was just Konerko for Vazquez, and we got lucky enough to save a little bit more money from this deal, I'd throw 12-14 million at JD Drew for one year, with incentives. I've heard on the radio that Boras is looking to get Drew a type of deal such as that one.

It'd give us a lefty who can hit the hell out of the ball, right in the middle of the order.

Nice lineup, too, with one hell of a rotation (Buehrle/Garcia/Vazquez/Contreras/Garland), awesome bullpen too:

Pods

Rowand

Thomas/Everett

Drew

Dye

Pierz

Uribe

Crede

Harris

But that's a dream anyways, would definitely be pleased with that, though...

we've aparently "traded" Paulie, Garland and Marte for Vazquez in the whole RJ trade...  But the only place that's talking about it is the Dodger board and one NY newspaper...  we're all confused.

bruce levine said the sox r not in the rj trade rumors. the reporter from ny is a moron who started this rumor. the ny paper's r tabloids so never take anything for truth over there. if u want the truth just listen to bruce levine and thats all

Ditto.  Except, I'd be more inclined to add another power bat to the lineup.

If, for some chance, that the deal was just Konerko for Vazquez, and we got lucky enough to save a little bit more money from this deal, I'd throw 12-14 million at JD Drew for one year, with incentives.  I've heard on the radio that Boras is looking to get Drew a type of deal such as that one. 

That is weird because all that i am hearing is drew wants in the range of 5 years 50 million. If the dodgers do this deal they will supposedly be going for another big bat.

I just got home from college.  Can anyone quickly fill me in on any new developments?

There are none.

False rumors out of New York have us dealing two guys out of the three (Garland, Konerko, Marte) to the Dodgers for Vazquez.

Much, much earlier this morning Bruce Levine reported on ESPN Radio 1000 that this is a dead rumor. Kenny has never put this offer on the table and the Sox would not be involved in the three-way deal whatsoever.

Anything else you here is pure speculation. This Randy deal won't even go down until around Christmas Eve as he is in the Bahamas with his agent and won't be leaving any time soon.

i dont think this thread should be deleted because you think its not true... but also its not like we'd be "in" the deal.  The deal would be made then we'd trade with LA so its not unfeasable but i dont like it.

This is not true. Any combination of the three players that we would send for vazquez is too much. I think someone in the sox orginization reliazes that.

Any new developments?

im sorry, i was wrong... according to a radio station here in cali. we ARE indeed invloved in this four way trade... wow, who knew it

so here is whats going to happen according to AM 530 Pasadena....

we are going to be sending Paulie, Sweeny, Bmac, and Garland.... but we will be getting.....

RANDY FREAKING JOHNSON!

JAVY VASQUEZ!

DEREK JETER!

TOM GORDON!

SHAUN GREEN

AND...

ALEX CORA!!!

WOOWWWWW!

im sorry, i was wrong... according to a radio station here in cali. we ARE indeed invloved in this four way trade... wow, who knew it

we are going to be sending Paulie, Sweeny, Bmac, and Garland.... but we will be getting.....

RANDY FREAKING JOHNSON!

JAVY VASQUEZ!

DEREK JETER!

TOM GORDON!

SHAUN GREEN

AND...

ALEX CORA!!!

WOOWWWWW!

:headshake

RANDY FREAKING JOHNSON!

JAVY VASQUEZ!

DEREK JETER!

TOM GORDON!

SHAUN GREEN

AND...

ALEX CORA!!!

WOOWWWWW!

That stupid Kenny Williams!!!! He's getting RIPPED OFF.

RANDY FREAKING JOHNSON!

JAVY VASQUEZ!

DEREK JETER!

TOM GORDON!

SHAUN GREEN

AND...

ALEX CORA!!!

WOOWWWWW!

Kenny Williams is a moron. He screw us over once again.