NY Rumors about Vazquez

fathom

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This must mean its a lock.

I wonder if gammons slaps his meat under the table every time they mention the RedSox.

You can just see it now.

The RedSox have just signed premier pitcher Matt Clement. (slapping noises heard and gammons starts to make wierd faces;wierder than usual). I think with this addition of Matt Clement the Bosox will repeat as WS champs for the next 10 years. A loud grunt is heard. I believe that Matt is better than Randy. (gammons takes a second to wipe some sweat from his brow)

If we lose: Carlos Lee, Paul Konerko

And gain: Jermaine Dye, Dustin Hermanson, Scott Podsednik, Luis Vizcaino, Javier Vazquez, AJ Pierzynski, decent FA infield

Then this offseason is successful. (If you agree with the whole small-ball thing, of course)

I wonder if gammons slaps his meat under the table every time they mention the RedSox.

You can just see it now.

The RedSox have just signed premier pitcher Matt Clement. (slapping noises heard and gammons starts to make wierd faces;wierder than usual).  I think with this addition of Matt Clement the Bosox will repeat as WS champs for the next 10 years.  A loud grunt is heard.  I believe that Matt is better than Randy.  (gammons takes a second to wipe some sweat from his brow)

He is a Red Sox season ticketholder.

If we lose:  Carlos Lee, Paul Konerko

And gain:  Jermaine Dye, Dustin Hermanson, Scott Podsednik, Luis Vizcaino, Javier Vazquez, AJ Pierzynski, decent FA infield

Then this offseason is successful.  (If you agree with the whole small-ball thing, of course)

Yeah, but will 6-8m be enough to get all of this done?

Vazquez has a lot of talent, but his 2004 season was very Garlandesque. Supposedly he has just a mechanical problem. The Yankees obviously couldn't correct it, can Don Cooper correct it? If its easily corrected that's one thing. If not or if he's hurt, Garland may be better than him all by himself, and he is $7 million a year cheaper. The other knock was that he couldn't handle the pressure of New York. If acquired, it would mean that 40% of the White Sox starting rotation couldn't handle the pressure of pitching in New York, yet they are supposed to lead the White Sox to the World Series? There has to be more to this.

If he's commenting on the Kong/Marte/Garland for Vazquez rumor than yea I could see why he'd be hesitant of it's validity, that makes zero sense at all for the Sox.

Konerko, marte, and Garland just for Vaz doesn't make any sense..Kenny can't be this stupid..There's gotta be more to this..not gonna get rid of a 40 HR 100 guy and a lefty power pitcher with an ERA in the 2's for Vaz...No way and throw in Garland? Heh..impossible...I refuse to believe it and won't sweat it until I hear something finalized...gotta be more to this.

Konerko, marte, and Garland just for Vaz doesn't make any sense..Kenny can't be this stupid..There's gotta be more to this..not gonna get rid of a 40 HR 100 guy and a lefty power pitcher with an ERA in the 2's for Vaz...No way and throw in Garland? Heh..impossible...I refuse to believe it and won't sweat it until I hear something finalized...gotta be more to this.

I know reports are just reports, but there seems to be 3 sources saying the White Sox are the fourth team and saying the same names (although it is supposed to be 2 out of 3, not all 3)..... three reports being Rosenthal, Offman, and a few from ESPN including Gammons

I like Javy, but what do you think the Sox should do to improve their offense if Paulie leaves?

Like Aboz said, go get Aj and then either get Polanco or Cora, also if something like this were to happen I wouldn't rule out Nakamura from Japan, anyways I think more realistic would be to get Cora in the deal with Javy and then sign aj, the offense loses some power no doubt but it would be an offense that could manufacture some runs and wouldn't be that bad, imo:

pods

cora

rowand

frank

dye

gload

aj

uribe

crede

That's definitely not a power lineup but it's pretty deep.

EDIT: Ha, actually it was 3E8 not aboz would said that, I see the buehrle avatar and I thought it was aboz. :bang

If we lose:  Carlos Lee, Paul Konerko

And gain:  Jermaine Dye, Dustin Hermanson, Scott Podsednik, Luis Vizcaino, Javier Vazquez, AJ Pierzynski, decent FA infield

Then this offseason is successful.  (If you agree with the whole small-ball thing, of course)

Totally agree, but I don't see how KW is going to change this to the small ball vision until they move the walls back. Just because the Sox will be manufacturing runs, doesn't mean opposing teams won't be tatooing the seats on a regular basis. I do this deal if it's PK and Marte [pen looks strong with or without him] for Vazquez, but I wish they'd knock the phony wall down and give a few extra feet to the revamped outfield/pitching staff.

Like Aboz said, go get Aj and then either get Polanco or Cora, also if something like this were to happen I wouldn't rule out Nakamura from Japan, anyways I think more realistic would be to get Cora in the deal with Javy and then sign aj, the offense loses some power no doubt but it would be an offense that could manufacture some runs and wouldn't be that bad, imo:

pods

cora

rowand

frank

dye

gload

aj

uribe

crede

That's definitely not a power lineup but it's pretty deep.

yeah, I guess I could live with that... I would like to see who's non-tendered as well, could be an interesting name or two out there come monday....

thing that worries me is that if Garland moves we have the 5th starter debacle all over again

yeah, I guess I could live with that... I would like to see who's non-tendered as well, could be an interesting name or two out there come monday....

thing that worries me is that if Garland moves we have the 5th starter debacle all over again

Oh, I completely agree I don't want to see Jon go anywhere and I don't really want Damaso going anywhere either. If we're giving up Pauly and Damaso we better be getting more in return then Javy.