NY Rumors about Vazquez

fathom

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we losing firepower, but its not the same as were trying to replace the power hitters with less talented power hitters.... were losing power by choice, because were trying to build a team built on the concept that they can score on a more consistent basis.

were losing what you call fire power but were gaining speed and defense.... which is just another type of firepower.

What speed and Defense? Dye is potted plant so you lose speed their, Carl doesn't run anymore so no speed there, Spod gives you 50 SB potential but if replace Harris' 50 SB potential with Polanco(almost no speed) or Cora(makes Dye seem fast) then you've negated the increase from SPod, Gload could match Konerko's 2 SB last yr though he doesn't have a career SB yet, Uribe by himself is less speed than a Uribe/Valentin combo plus worse basepath running, AJ over BD no gain.

If you keep Harris in the lineup then you've gained some speed but it's all congregated in two guys and they'd better be world class hurdlers to leap over all the other potted plants in the lineup(there's also the little matter of getting on base too). If you replace Harris then you have a net loss of team speed and if anything happens to Spod(yea that would never happen to the Sox) we become the slowest team in the league.

In the meantime you've taken 140 of the 242 HR's we hit out of the lineup.

There is an upgrade in D but it's only a slight one.

He makes $3.4 million, and his ERA was .02 less than Vazquez's.  :rolly

I know Vazquez doesn't pitch at the Cell, but he wasn't healthy in the second half, or he had f***ed up mechanics.  Look at their career stats and tell me who you would rather have for the next 3 years.

Agreed. I'm not a big Garland fan, but you could make an argument that he is the most efficient/affordable 5th starter in the game [if the staff was ever good enough for him to be the 5th]. Sending him along in a deal for Vazquez would be self-defeating.

Has Derek Lowe been signed? Not a fan of his either, but he would seem to have similar success to Garland, pitching in the cell. I like Odalis Perez, but you have to wonder how much of his sweet ERA is due to the dead air in LA.

Bruce makes a lot of sense with all of this, if this deal were to materialize it would take weeks to be finalized and if something were to fall apart the White Sox would be screwed. By that time Odalis would be gone and are options would be even slimmer then they are now.

See, I post a Fire KW thread a few weeks ago, and everybody is all over me, now he tries to pull a trade like this and now everybody is all over him, I really hate to say it, but I told you so.

KW, if you make this trade :fyou  KW

Did you listen to the report?

Levine talked to a high ranking White Sox official. They are not in this deal.

What makes you think Williams tried to pull this deal, the NY Post?

My God, some of you people are absolutely outstanding when it comes to jumping to conclusions ... and immediately typing them out.

Relax a bit. There will be moves made. Believing every single rumor from NY will give you grey hair before your time.

Well, it looks as if KW is trying to involve himself in the big RJ trade by offering a package of Konerko, Garland, and Marte for Javier Vazquez.  Well, this would be one of the worst trades in history if you ask me.  KW, if you do this trade,  you will not believe the outrage that occurs by Sox fans.  Our offense will be the worst in baseball next year, and JR is too f***ing cheap to sign even average players.

How f***ing pathetic is it that we don't even have enough confidence in KW to not even make the dumbest of trades?

Kenny makes that Trade he needs to be Shot. If that trade is made i'm done with this team until Kenny is fired, and Reinsdorf Sells his cheap ass outta town. Either Rotoworld is a Major Bulls***er or Kenny is a FRICKEN MORON

I don't think we'll fare too well in a bidding war for Odalis.

It doesn't look like Anaheim or Toronto is going to go after Odalis so that would definitely be a plus. I'm not sure what other teams really have the resources we do right now to get Odalis that need a starting pitcher.

Agreed.  I'm not a big Garland fan, but you could make an argument that he is the most efficient/affordable 5th starter in the game [if the staff was ever good enough for him to be the 5th].  Sending him along in a deal for Vazquez would be self-defeating.

Has Derek Lowe been signed?  Not a fan of his either, but he would seem to have similar success to Garland, pitching in the cell.  I like Odalis Perez, but you have to wonder how much of his sweet ERA is due to the dead air in LA.

Last year Odalis Perez's home ERA 3.31, Away ERA 3.21.

It doesn't look like Anaheim or Toronto is going to go after Odalis so that would definitely be a plus.  I'm not sure what other teams really have the resources we do right now to get Odalis that need a starting pitcher.

You can count the Nationals out too.

I hope he proves me wrong but do you really think he'll give Perez a serious offer.

I mean outbid somebody.

WE HAVE THE DAMN MONEY, SPEND IT!

Kenny will give him the same 3 year 21 mill offer he gave Clement.

Then the angels will give him a 3 year 24 million dollar offer and we will lose him.

Kenny will then offer the 3 year 21 mill offer to Lowe, who will get 3 years 22 mill from the tigers and we will lose him.

Millwood thinks he is still an 8 mill pitcher.

At Soxfest: Before you all boo me remember how flexible our salary situation is. We have the flexibility to swoop down and get more salary in June. Jason Grilli is someone that we have targetted for years, and we believe he can be a solid number 3 starter. He has nasty stuff and is a plus guy. We still are working on improving the sox and I vow not to stop trying to make a deal to improve the team. But we will not make a deal just to make a deal. If you want to blame someone for the failure of signing wright and clement, blame the press. If I was allowed to fly under the radar we would have one of these guys locked up.

Why is Anaheim backing out?

http://www.dailynews.com/Stories/0,1413,20...2605060,00.html

Angels general manager Bill Stoneman is left to ponder if the remaining targets on the free-agent market -- such as left-handers Eric Milton and Odalis Perez -- represent an upgrade on the current five-man rotation of Bartolo Colon, Kelvim Escobar, Jarrod Washburn, John Lackey and Paul Byrd.

Stoneman was expected to shop Washburn and could have considered not offering him a contract by Monday's deadline for arbitration-eligible players, saving the club about $7 million.

Stoneman said he will continue to try to improve the club, but he may be less inclined to do so with Clement off the market.

"We're pretty darn good right now," he said. "There's still deals to be done, but there's a possibility we'll look the way we are. I wouldn't jump to a conclusion because one player signed.