NY Rumors about Vazquez

fathom

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At Soxfest: Before you all boo me remember how flexible our salary situation is. We have the flexibility to swoop down and get more salary in June. Jason Grilli is someone that we have targetted for years, and we believe he can be a solid number 3 starter. He has nasty stuff and is a plus guy. We still are working on improving the sox and I vow not to stop trying to make a deal to improve the team. But we will not make a deal just to make a deal. If you want to blame someone for the failure of signing wright and clement, blame the press. If I was allowed to fly under the radar we would have one of these guys locked up

:lolhitting :lolhitting

At Soxfest:  Before you all boo me remember how flexible our salary situation is.  We have the flexibility to swoop down and get more salary in June.  Jason Grilli is someone that we have targetted for years, and we believe he can be a solid number 3 starter.  He has nasty stuff and is a plus guy.  We still are working on improving the sox and I vow not to stop trying to make a deal to improve the team.  But we will not make a deal just to make a deal.  If you want to blame someone for the failure of signing wright and clement, blame the press.  If I was allowed to fly under the radar we would have one of these guys locked up.

my main problem with this is I don't think the Sox can make any strong assurances they will be in it in June to use the payroll flexibility. I would rather have them spend the money now, bring the strongest team they can into Spring Training and then see what happens in June/July

And to project our moves in the June Period.

The whitesox have solidified their bench trading prospect Ryan Sweeney to the Rangers for C Sandy Alomar. Sandy is batting 234 with 5 home runs and will be in the 3 catcher rotation.

Sweeney is batting 295 at AA Birmingham. He is rated as one of the top prospects and figures to be in the lineup in 2007 for the rangers.

When blasted by the media KW defends his decision: We have a board in my office. A board mind you of every prospect. Jeremey Reed was a fluke. Yes I believe he will be the rook of the year, but we believe that Joe Borchard has more up side. Joe has finally started to come around and has raised his BA to 245 in AAA. We feel that he has turned the corner and will be a solid outfielder. We currently have a log jam in the outfield so Ryan was someone that we felt could be send off. Now I am going back to my office to make more deals. The board is still in motion. The board tells all.

Two weeks later the whitesox announce the trade of Paul Konerko to the dodgers for two class A prospects. This time KW asked for not only their names but pictures to go with their names after being duped before to select a 34 year old OF instead of the class AA phenom he thought he traded for. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me KW was quoted saying.

Sox payroll is now 55 million.

The whitesox have solidified their bench trading prospect Ryan Sweeney to the Rangers for C Sandy Alomar.  Sandy is batting 234 with 5 home runs and will be in the 3 catcher rotation. 

Sweeney is batting 295 at AA Birmingham.  He is rated as one of the top prospects and figures to be in the lineup in 2007 for the rangers. 

When blasted by the media KW defends his decision:  We have a board in my office.  A board mind you of every prospect.  Jeremey Reed was a fluke.  Yes I believe he will be the rook of the year, but we believe that Joe Borchard has more up side.  Joe has finally started to come around and has raised his BA to 245 in AAA.  We feel that he has turned the corner and will be a solid outfielder.  We currently have a log jam in the outfield so Ryan was someone that we felt could be send off.  Now I am going back to my office to make more deals.  The board is still in motion.  The board tells all.

Two weeks later the whitesox announce the trade of Paul Konerko to the dodgers for two class A prospects.  This time KW asked for not only their names but pictures to go with their names after being duped before to select a 34 year old OF instead of the class AA phenom he thought he traded for.  Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me KW was quoted saying.

:dips*** :dips*** :dips*** :dips*** :dips*** :dips*** :dips*** :dips*** :dips***

This would quite possibly be the worse trade ever.

I can't believe that KW and/or others would really consider this type of deal. We lose Maggs, Lee and the Konerko? We also lost Valentin with his 30 HR's. 140 homers and 375 plus RBI's gone and for what? A punch and judy player who can run, but might not get on base. So we get this Pod guy on base and have no one to drive him in. We have a pitching staff that gives up 4 runs a game and we need an offesne to score at least 5, but yet we trade away our hitters, and oh yeah let's trade away our prospects too. I just can't believe these rumors are true.

Levine just cut off the interview because he's getting a phone call right now.

Bruce's phone call:

High ranking Sox Official: Bruce, did you tell them I wasn't in the 3-way deal? (Ok Ken, Paul and Jon's lockers are empty. Clubhouse door locks have been changed).

Bruce: Yes sir, I also threw in that the deal would take a while to complete so there's time for you to change your mind.

High ranking Sox Official: Excellent, but my mind is made up.

Bruce: You know Sox fans will still be wanting word on a starting pitcher.

High ranking Sox Official: Yea those ungrateful whining SOB's, after all I've given up to get my guy.

Bruce: Well.........

High ranking Sox Official: Alright, tell them we're interested in Perez.

Bruce: Really?

High ranking Sox Official: Of course not but it'll keep'em talking til he signs with Anaheim.

Bruce: Ok got it.

High ranking Sox Official: I'll call you when that happens and then you can break the Javy trade to them.

Bruce: You had no choice but to make the trade.

High ranking Sox Official: You got it.

Levine says he talked to a high ranking White Sox official, and they are not in it.

And also says the whole RJ thing is a ways from being done.

Like I said this morning, the 72 hr. window to extend contracts also comes into effect.  It will take a while.

where's steff where's steff

why would I care what the hell his name is. I really don't care. He is a pud, your a pud. The Sox are puds. Go back to your neighborhood buddies, they are real winners.

Thanks for playing!

Take a pill, will ya?

Get the Pierzynski thing done, and now I guess they're turning their attention to Odallis Perez. Perez will take El Caballo's place at Tacos Erindera and Pancho Pistolas.

Then, pick up a middle infielder in January. I got my Tucson order form yesterday, time to buy the spring training tickets.

All the neighborhood guys asked why you were such a Chode.

The whitesox have solidified their bench trading prospect Ryan Sweeney to the Rangers for C Sandy Alomar.  Sandy is batting 234 with 5 home runs and will be in the 3 catcher rotation. 

Sweeney is batting 295 at AA Birmingham.  He is rated as one of the top prospects and figures to be in the lineup in 2007 for the rangers. 

When blasted by the media KW defends his decision:  We have a board in my office.  A board mind you of every prospect.  Jeremey Reed was a fluke.  Yes I believe he will be the rook of the year, but we believe that Joe Borchard has more up side.  Joe has finally started to come around and has raised his BA to 245 in AAA.  We feel that he has turned the corner and will be a solid outfielder.  We currently have a log jam in the outfield so Ryan was someone that we felt could be send off.  Now I am going back to my office to make more deals.  The board is still in motion.  The board tells all.

Two weeks later the whitesox announce the trade of Paul Konerko to the dodgers for two class A prospects.  This time KW asked for not only their names but pictures to go with their names after being duped before to select a 34 year old OF instead of the class AA phenom he thought he traded for.  Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me KW was quoted saying.

My f***ing goodness.

b**** b**** b**** b**** b****. What a pleasant person you are... Everything based upon a rumor, and everyone goes nuts. Settle down people, will ya?

Can I give a big  :dips*** to most of the people on this thread?  Man, you people will jump on any f***ing rumor thrown at you.

I have to say that when 3 or more different respectable sources report the same thing, it's a lot more than just another stupid message board rumor. I don't trust the White Sox official that told Levine that the Sox aren't involved in the deal. Also, anyone that doesn't think Garland wouldnt be included in the trade is nuts. Dodgers need like 3 starting pitchers to complete their rotation.

Thanks for playing!

Take a pill, will ya?

Get the Pierzynski thing done, and now I guess they're turning their attention to Odallis Perez.  Perez will take El Caballo's place at Tacos Erindera and Pancho Pistolas.

Then, pick up a middle infielder in January.  I got my Tucson order form yesterday, time to buy the spring training tickets.

All the neighborhood guys asked why you were such a Chode.

your neighborhood guys blow, they are losers. 40 year old married guys trying to score with women. What a bunch of losers. I want no part of there bulls***.

I have to say that when 3 or more different respectable sources report the same thing

Respectable sources are wrong, more often then not.

I don't trust the White Sox official that told Levine that the Sox aren't involved in the deal.

I trust him a hell of a lot more than the people on this board. You know, he's actually, uh, close to the situation.