College

He_Gawn

I suppose its time for me to start worrying about it so heres my question to those wiser than me at this point. I've started getting mail from colleges that are interested in me and whatnot as a Sophomore and I was wondering if there was anywhere on the internet I could apply and get more letters like this. So far I've gotten a letter from Valpo and other smaller colleges. Anyone know anyway else to get letters from other colleges so i can be recognized?

There's princetonreview.com. You can search for schools there and then request that they email the school for you for more information. Also, collegeboard.com has a "college matchmaker" so they'll take information from you and then find colleges they think are good for. It may help you look at colleges you had never considered before. Something similar to that is actually how I discovered my school. And like Soxnbears said most schools have places to request information on their site. Good luck!

Hey, I'm a junior in high school, when do you guys suggest I go to visit some colleges, spring break or should I wait til summer.

If you want to see the campus when there's students around to get a feel for everything then definitely spring break. If that's not too important to you then summer. Personally, I waited until the summer.

My advice for picking a college is to make sure you do more than listen to the people who take you on ours. Grab random students and ask them all of the questions you can. Those are the people who will be honest with you. The people giving tours are paid to do so, and their only interest is getting as many students there are possible. Most will tell you whatever you want to hear. Talk to the regular students!!!

I only visited one school. I had never been to Michigan State (where I chose to go), but the other ones I had been to (Iowa, DePaul, Illinois, and Indiana). I know people who visit schools early, and also who never visit schools at all. Just make sure you apply to more than one school. One of my friends did that, and didn't get in. Also, it happen on Laguna Beach. :lol: