MVP Baseball 2005

Here's a Chris Widger CAP from the ratings from alst years game. They aren't adjusted for age.

Chris Widger

6' 2" 215

5-21-71

Right/Right

Rock

First page of customizable looks:

Next Page

none

none

regular

on

Batting

open

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Try these sliders:

Pared's MVP 2005 Gameplay Sliders v. 0.5

Difficulty: All-Star

Strike Zone: Off

Hot/Cold Zones: Fade

Pitch Cursor: Fade or Off

Variable "Stuff": On

User Pitch Meter Difficulty: -23

Pitch Speed: -5 (or default, no big difference, except off speed pitches are harder to hit on -5)

CPU Pitcher Ball Rate: 8

User Pitcher Fatigue: 0

CPU Pitcher Fatigue: 0

User Pitch Control: -50 (Yes, that's right.)

CPU Pitch Control: -5

Bullpen Fatigue Rate: 0

Bullpen Fatigue Grace: 0

User Batting Contact: 0

CPU Batting Contact: 18 (You have to offset the increased foul balls)

User Batting Power: 0 (Seems fine... for now)

CPU Batting Power: 0 (Again, seems fine)

User Bunting Ability: 0

CPU Bunting Ability: 0

User Foul Ball Frequency: 50 (Trust me... you're going to get into some MEMORABLE at bats!)

CPU Foul Ball Frequency: 45

CPU Swing Frequency: -26

User OF Speed (Manual): 0

User OF Speed (MVP): 0

CPU OF Speed: 0

User IF Speed (Manual): -6

User IF Speed (MVP): -6

CPU IF Speed: -6

User Throw Speed: 0

CPU Throw Speed: 0

User Throw Accuracy: -8

CPU Throw Accuracy: -5

User Catch Errors: 0

CPU Catch Errors: 0

User Dive Difficulty: 0

CPU Catch Effort: -25

User Baserunning Speed: 3

CPU Baserunning Speed: 3

User Runner Aggression: 5

CPU Runner Aggression: 5

User Runner Steal Speed: 0

CPU Runner Steal Speed: 0

User Runner Steal Delay: -4

CPU Runner Steal Delay: -4

CPU Steal Rate: 8

Runner Injury Frequency: 0

Pitcher Injury Frequency: 0

Batter Injury Frequency: 0

Fielder Injury Frequency: 7

Pitching MG Difference: 0

PHEW! As you can see the list is long, but I have to give lots of credit to the MVP development team, as this game was REALLY great out of the box. Even though it is great out of the box, here is a list of improvements this version addresses:

-Pitch counts; Increased for both User and CPU

-The slow baserunners can no longer be thrown out on plays where the fielder dives, spins, adjusts his crotch, checks out the hot girl in the third row, and then throws to first. Ichiro/Pierre still blaze down the line, but not inbelievably so.

-CPU Batters will now take a first pitch strike here and there, plus can get caught looking with proper pitching strategies. Their contact was raised to allow more solid contact and to also offset the increased number of fouls.

-Increased number of foul balls hit.

-User has a LOT less control when pitching. Missing the perfect zone allows for pitches to miss their spots immensely, directly correlated to the meter. In other words, the further you are from the Perfect zone, the more you will see how off the pitch is from the initial spot.

-Meter is a bit tougher to hit the Perfect spot all the time. You really must work for it.

-Baserunners are more aggressive. I'm not done with steal delay and steal speed. The steal delay has to be a lot less, so you can get the impression that a runner "takes off" as soon as they think the pitcher commits to home. Must be offset by Steal speed, however.

Some notes:

-The sliders with (MVP) next to them are the speeds of the players when the CPU is controlling them, before the user takes control.

-Some few have said they've been able to throw players out at first from line drives to RF... while I have not seen it, keep in mind the stadium you're playing in. The baserunning speed increase should help this as well.

-I have not done any testing on any other levels, as I still have much more to look at on the All-Star level.

here's an iguchi CAP from operationsports.com

First: Tadahito

Last: Iguchi

BD: 12/4/74

Pos: 2nd

B/T: R/R

Potential: 4 stars

Jersey #: 15

Height: 5'9"

Body Type: Athletic

Face: 6

Hair: 1

Stye: 2

Facial Hair: 1

Bat color: 5

Glove: 3

Elbow Guard: 1

Shin Guard: 1

Wristband: none

Socks: low

Batting Gloves: on

Stance: Katsuo Matsui ?

Contact RHP: 71

Contact LHP: 78

Power RHP: 65

Power LHP: 68

Bunting: 70

Discipline: 75

Durability: 80

Speed 84

Stealing Tendency: 85

Baserunning Ability: 85

Fielding: 80

Range: 85

Strength: 75

Accuracy: 80

Hot/Cold Zones vs LHP

CNC

HNN

HHH

Hot/Cold Zones vs RHP

CNC

HNN

HHC

C= cold

N= neutral

H= Hot

I created Iguchi and than tried to start a fantasy with the roster download but he doesn't come up under the FA's. Anyone help? How do I get Iguchi in after I create him along with the download that puts Maggs and Delgado, etc on their teams?

Since I started out 0-4 and only scoring 2 runs total with the sox I decided to do a fantasy draft with the pirates with me picking first and i got:

C: Jamie Burke/Vance Wilson

1B: Pujols

2B: Durham

SS: Jack Wilson

3B: Kevin Youlkalis

LF: Rowand

CF: Beltran

RF: Lew Ford

SP-Mulder

SP-Clement

SP-Grienke

SP-Edwin Jackson

SP-John Van Benshoten

And some pretty good relievers and a crappy bench.

Well in my first game I finally scored some runs in the 5th inning with a 2 run homer by Jack Wilson and then in the 7th I got the first 2 on and Mulder was up. So I used Burke as a pinch hitter thinking I was better off letting Mulder bat and then BAM first pitch crushed out of the park. :headbang A few innings later i got a homer with Beltran and I won 7-0. Maybe i can use all-star with this team instead of pro :bang

Anyone have any tips as far as hitting goes?

I'm going to turn up User Contact a little bit more, and not trying to hit the home run every AB helps a lot too. But damn -- listen to my first game.

I'm being two-hit the whole game, Buehrle pitched a complete game, giving up a solo shot to Blake. Iguchi comes up, I'm sitting on the inside pitch, and on an 0-2 count, Gooch jacks it into the LF foilage (there's trees in my LF). I was so happy.

Unfortunately, two innings later, Vizcaino sucks ass and loses the game for me by loading the bases.

I agree w/ Mr. Showtime. The hitting games are cool but the pitching games are pretty crappy. Haven't tried the fielding one yet. So, after 1 night with the game, which I played until 1:00 am with, my overall impression is that the game is better than last years obviousle but they have changed/upgraded lots of things. Here's what I got, positives and negatives:

1) LH Power Glitch: 1st HR I hit in the game came w/ Pierzynski to the opposite field.

2) Smoother gamepley: Fielders make smoother looking plays and the fielding in general looks more realistic.

Negative: Infielders catch fly-balls TOOO much.

3) Pitching it too easy once again: I threw a 10 inning shutout w/ El Duque....c'mon?!

P.S.- Ozzie was thrown out so the CPU kept him in 10 innings with Shingo getting the save in the 11th.

4) Baserunning Stretch Step: They changed the baserunning when your runnong down 1st and take that long last stride. Only problem is that the runners have a hitch in their step right before they make the final leap. Nothing major but I thought I'd make a note.

5) Owner Mode is Odd: The whole financial thing is weird. You lose money on road games but at home games you cant make much because you have a limited amount of $$$ to buy assets (Concessions, additional seating, etc). It's hard staying on top of things. BTW, the seating is gonna be crappy for the first 1-2 seasons w/ the stadium.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Feb 27, 2005 -> 07:29 PM)
I agree w/ Mr. Showtime. The hitting games are cool but the pitching games are pretty crappy. Haven't tried the fielding one yet. So, after 1 night with the game, which I played until 1:00 am with, my overall impression is that the game is better than last years obviousle but they have changed/upgraded lots of things. Here's what I got, positives and negatives:

1) LH Power Glitch: 1st HR I hit in the game came w/ Pierzynski to the opposite field.

2) Smoother gamepley: Fielders make smoother looking plays and the fielding in general looks more realistic.

Negative: Infielders catch fly-balls TOOO much.

3) Pitching it too easy once again: I threw a 10 inning shutout w/ El Duque....c'mon?!

P.S.- Ozzie was thrown out so the CPU kept him in 10 innings with Shingo getting the save in the 11th.

4) Baserunning Stretch Step: They changed the baserunning when your runnong down 1st and take that long last stride. Only problem is that the runners have a hitch in their step right before they make the final leap. Nothing major but I thought I'd make a note.

5) Owner Mode is Odd: The whole financial thing is weird. You lose money on road games but at home games you cant make much because you have a limited amount of $$$ to buy assets (Concessions, additional seating, etc). It's hard staying on top of things. BTW, the seating is gonna be crappy for the first 1-2 seasons w/ the stadium.

maybe pitching wouldnt be so easy if you upped the level.... i play on all star and my problem with pitching is i dont give up a lot of hits but i give up a lot of HR's which is very annoying :headshake

I'm really liking pared's sliders, though i'm still struggling.

Just played another exhibition game.

Bosox (me) vs royals.

I lost 6-5, but hey scored 5 runs, i don't care if its the royals. I'm getting better.

Having trouble hitting HRs though