MVP Baseball 2005

Yeah in the windup pitchers often tip their pitches very early in the motion. The problem is when they get in the stretch there's less time. Also there's no way to tell the difference between 2 and 4-seamers or curves and sliders. On some pitchers this makes hitting difficult.

I just upped it to all-star with pretty much Pared sliders but a little easier pitching for me since I suck at the meter. After losing 8-2 to the Twins, El Duque and company shutout the Twins en route to a 1-0 victory. I won on game-ending GIDP by Jacque Jones off Shingo. This game can be challenging but winning feels sooooo goood.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Soxnbears01 @ Feb 28, 2005 -> 04:13 PM)
that's actually the way they designed it.

So that the better pitchers, the ones that hide their motions better, still have the advantage.

Awesome idea by them

Last night I faced Zito and I could see the green ball way before he released it and still couldn't hit him. It was terrible. But then I hit a walkoff homer with Kenny Lofton off of Wagner. It is so easy to hit off of fastball pitchers. Zito was a tough cookie though.

Ok, I finally turned profit after my third season(4 million) so I ask, "what should I invest my money in?" I have the normal stadium(only 20,000 seats, hotdog concession stand and that's about it) so what should I do so I make profit again?

Oh yes, I won the World Series in my third year and the only White Sox still on the team was AJ Pierzynski. Everyone else were a bunch of young guys. My starting rotation was all under 25(Zambrano, Harden, Oliver Perez, Edwin Jackson, Jerome Williams) and all the position players were prospects that came up).

Steve was just over here (soxnbears) and we split 2 games. He is currently taking the walk of shame home after allowing a 6 run 8th inning after i managed to get Ben Sheets out of the game.

Also, he helped me hook up the network adapter i just bought, so if anyone wants to play online tonight for kicks, let me know.

QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ Feb 28, 2005 -> 08:52 PM)
Gotcha Krush  lol

Another issue I have with this game.  After adding Iguchi and calling up Vizcaino, the Sox MLB payroll is $69.2 million.  Yet, the game lists player payroll at $89.7 million.

Charlotte has a freaking payroll of $9 million.  Birmingham's is $8.8 and Winston's is $2.2.  None of that is realistic at all.  No wonder nobody can make any money.  They have an extra $20 million in payroll.  Realistically, it should be $3-$5 million.

Good point. My team at Charlotte is about 15 million, and my team at Birmingham is about 8 million, so there's 23 million for guys not even in my major league system. It's annoying as f***, too -- Brandon McCarthy is making 7 million per season, and he's nowhere near ready for the big leagues...

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Feb 28, 2005 -> 12:53 PM)
Just letting you guys know, if your early in your franchise/owner mode, there are two guys in Texas single A team that have 5 star potential. Grab them quick, because by JUNE of the 1st season there already in the majors or Triple A.

The top 3 are 5 star potential. I am having a b**** trying to trade for them. Any idea what is the least you can give up to get them?

just did a draft on owners mode... and let me tell you top 100 prospect guys can give you good trade value only way i was able to create my team

C: Victor Martinez

1B: Albert Pujols

2B: Michael Young

SS: Carlos Guillen

3B: Texiera(used prospects to get)

LF: Carl Crawford

CF: Carlos Beltran(used prospects)

RF: Lance Berkman(traded for with prospects)

SP:Roy Halladay(traded Kazmir and some minor guy for him)

SP:Sean Burnett(young guy who is really impressive)

SP:Edwin Jackson(Traded for one of the previous guys and than traded back for him)

SP:Kip Wells(still wish we kept him)

SP:Omar Daal(never heard of him but some good stuff for a fifth starter)

Bullpen aint to great but full of young dudes like Chad Cordero, Frankie Francisco, Saloman Torres, Mike Gonzalez, Arnie Munoz.. couple others i think Francis Beltran.

Edited by SoxFan101

SP:Omar Daal(never heard of him but some good stuff for a fifth starter)

He is my fifth starter too. He is 4-0 right now with an ERA under 2. His stats are better than Schmidt and Prior at this point, and since Lohse went down for the year, he has to keep up the good work for me. He pitched for the Diamondbacks and the Phillies, then went to LA for a season and then to the Orioles last season. He was hurt for a good part of the season last year though.

QUOTE(whitesoxin' @ Feb 28, 2005 -> 09:49 PM)
He is my fifth starter too. He is 4-0 right now with an ERA under 2. His stats are better than Schmidt and Prior at this point, and since Lohse went down for the year, he has to keep up the good work for me. He pitched for the Diamondbacks and the Phillies, then went to LA for a season and then to the Orioles last season. He was hurt for a good part of the season last year though.

I believe he's one of the last 5 black starting pitchers in major league baseball. I'm not positive 5 is the exact number but now that Robert Person is out of the game I think it's like 4 left.

QUOTE(chimpy2121 @ Feb 28, 2005 -> 10:02 PM)
Just kills me I got beat by the Twins the first game. :ph34r:

At least I did what needed to be done and plunked Hunter  :D

Moyer delivers to Uribe.....Reed goes back, he looks up, you can put it on the board, yes!!!!!!!!!!!

That was the story of game two.

if you're in owner mode, it's actually smarter for you to keep those prospects because you'll lose money(even if you win a WS) right away. You have to wait until you build up your stadium at least a little bit before going out and trading for all the big name guys. You'll see what I'm talking about.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Mar 1, 2005 -> 05:36 AM)
if you're in owner mode, it's actually smarter for you to keep those prospects because you'll lose money(even if you win a WS) right away. You have to wait until you build up your stadium at least a little bit before going out and trading for all the big name guys. You'll see what I'm talking about.

yeah your right im 5 million in debt now time to start over :crying

I started a Dynasty with the Devil Rays on All-Star, did a fantasy draft, here's my team...

C Mike Redmond, 1B Albert Pujols, 2B Rickie Weeks, 3B Alex Rodriguez, SS Rafael Furcal, LF Carl Everett, CF Scott Podsednik, RF Nick Swisher, DH Ken Griffey Jr., C Ben Davis, IF Neifi Perez, 3B/1B Wes Helms, OF Jason Conti, OF Jayson Werth

SP Mark Prior, SP Dontrelle Willis, SP Orlando Hernandez, SP Vicente Padilla, SP Eric Milton, MRP Dustin Hermanson, MRP Scott Stewart, MRP Jairo Garcia, SU Jesse Crain, SU Ray King, CL Danny Graves

I've also got a few Top 100 guys in the minors.

We're 6-3 and in 2nd in the East behind Randy Johnson, Frank Thomas and the rest of the Boston Red Sox.

For the most part I simulate until the 8th inning if it's a close game I play the last 2 innings.