MVP Baseball 2005

I just got the game Monday...and I'm still looking for Widger and Ozuna.

Got the downloadable rosters.

Hopefully going to get my ass kicked by wsf56789 soon...

add me to ur friends list and throw me a PM...Uthanak1122 is my name online.

Was down 4-1 to cleveland...3 straight walks with wickman...and Thomas belted a grand slam to straight away center.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't do squat with Thomas. He gets blown away on inside fastballs and hits offspeed stuff weakly. I would think it is just me, but I hit those same pitches hard with other hitters.

In my owner mode, I traded his ass by the middle of May. Got tired of popping up all the time. LOL

Is it just me, or does the whole 'chemistry' thing piss everyone else off, too?

Juan Uribe is an everyday player, hitting fifth in the lineup, just signed to an extension, is unhappy. Some A player I don't even care about is unhappy about playing time. Jesse Crain, who I just traded for and am using in a setup role, is unhappy. I can understand if your benching a guy who's making ten million that he's unhappy, but come on -- players who are starting are unhappy. It pisses me off, they need to lower it's effect or something...

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Apr 29, 2005 -> 09:13 PM)
Is it just me, or does the whole 'chemistry' thing piss everyone else off, too?

Juan Uribe is an everyday player, hitting fifth in the lineup, just signed to an extension, is unhappy.  Some A player I don't even care about is unhappy about playing time.  Jesse Crain, who I just traded for and am using in a setup role, is unhappy.  I can understand if your benching a guy who's making ten million that he's unhappy, but come on -- players who are starting are unhappy.  It pisses me off, they need to lower it's effect or something...

I've noticed the same. Iguchi has been unhappy for three years and has been the everyday 2B the whole time. I also hate when they tell me AAA players are unhappy about their playing time after their season is already over. Of course they are aren't getting much PT, their season is freaking done!

QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ Apr 30, 2005 -> 11:13 AM)
I've noticed the same.  Iguchi has been unhappy for three years and has been the everyday 2B the whole time.  I also hate when they tell me AAA players are unhappy about their playing time after their season is already over.  Of course they are aren't getting much PT, their season is freaking done!

Also if they go on the DL even for 15 days they wont be happy again till the next season.

Anyone figured out the trades yet? I can't figure out when they will make a trade and when they won't. On other baseball games and Madden etc I can make a good judgement on when they will trade. But with this game I can be trading them even talent that are making similar salaries and they won't budge. I've noticed they won't take on players with huge salaries, even when its for an average A prospect. Take Mike Piazza for example, I received him in a trade when I was acquiring David Wright, and Jose Reyes, but I couldn't deal him again if my life depended on it. I like to trade players for good prospects, but I usually have to add in a crappy player from their team that is making a fair amount of money, and I get stuck with alot of overpaid useless players in AAA. Its somewhat realistic in that you can't just fleece the computer, but sometimes it just gets very irritating.

I just started a new team, Did a draft on MVP level. The theme of the team is 25 and under :lol:

C:Guillermo Quiroz... some 23 year old catcher from toronto

1B: Mark Teixiera

2B: Luis González... the guy from colorado

SS: BJ Upton

3B: Adrian Beltre

LF: Alber Pujols

CF: Carl Crawford

RF: Miguel Cabrera

Starting Rotation:

Rich Harden, Josh Beckett, Zack Greinkie, Danny Haren, Gustavo Chacín

Bullpen:

K-Rod, Jessie Crain, Homer Bailey, Huston Street, couple other young studs

Bench: i went with some old guys

Ruben Sierra, Fred McGriff, John Flaherty, and than a guy i like Ryan Freel.

so far 2-1.... 1st inning pitching has been bad gave up HR's in the 1st inning in every game, Harden ended up being the only run he gave up the whole game, but Greinkie gave up a 3 run shot in the 1st and 3rd.

I have the game now, and I have a question. If I have a guy on 1st, and say I'm Morneau at the plate, how do I not go for a steal when I press up and right, trying to hit a homer as the batter?

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ May 1, 2005 -> 12:30 AM)
I have the game now, and I have a question. If I have a guy on 1st, and say I'm Morneau at the plate, how do I not go for a steal when I press up and right, trying to hit a homer as the batter?

The d-pad is for steals, the stick is for trying to hit homers.

QUOTE(DonkeyKongerko @ May 1, 2005 -> 04:37 PM)
The d-pad is for steals, the stick is for trying to hit homers.

This is for PC, not PS2 or XBOX. Guess I should have pointed that out earlier. :lol:

White Sox vs. Nationals in the 2005 World Series

-The momentum factor in this game is amazing, it happened in game 5 of the ALCS. Me and the 0's are tied at 2 games a piece, it's the 10th inning, 2-2. I make a sac bunt to move the leadoff runner over and the first basemen DROPS THE BALL, allowing the bunter to reach safely. From that i went on to score a 4 run 10th and win game 6 easily. Was very cool.

ok, I read a lot of this thread, but then got tied and decided to post

1. What is/was the 'left handed glitch' I never had a problem hitting homeruns

2. This year, it seems the computer is a bit smarter. stealing bases, better pitching moves, etc.

3. The Build a Staduim is ok. They could of made it a lot better though

the 2005 white sox are world champions, defeating the washington national 4 games to 2 with a 14th inning luis castillo hr and then a troy percival save. The celebration was...........meh.

QUOTE(Soxnbears01 @ May 7, 2005 -> 01:32 AM)
the 2005 white sox are world champions, defeating the washington national 4 games to 2 with a 14th inning luis castillo hr and then a troy percival save.  The celebration was...........meh.

Thats because you did a fantasy draft :chair, got to keep it legit :gosox1:

QUOTE(Benchwarmerjim @ May 6, 2005 -> 06:39 PM)
ok, I read a lot of this thread, but then got tied and decided to post

1. What is/was the 'left handed glitch' I never had a problem hitting homeruns

2. This year, it seems the computer is a bit smarter. stealing bases, better pitching moves, etc.

3. The Build a Staduim is ok. They could of made it a lot better though

1. In last years game, some of the games made had a "lefty power glitch". I think it was that whenever lefty's hit the ball, it would have a lot of topspin or something like that and it was nearly impossible to hit a home run.

2. I agree, this year is a lot more realistic as far as the players go. Stealing takes some skill and timing and the same thing with pickoff plays.

3. I haven't really built a great stadium yet because I play mostly online. It's a nice feature to have though.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ May 7, 2005 -> 04:01 AM)
Thats because you did a fantasy draft  :chair, got to keep it legit  :gosox1:

I play with fantasy drafts all the time. It's fun to pick teams and play with em. I did a draft with all the locked players. Kicks ass, except when you have to try and hit of Spahn or Gibson.

QUOTE(Brian @ May 7, 2005 -> 12:33 PM)
I play with fantasy drafts all the time. It's fun to pick teams and play with em. I did a draft with all the locked players. Kicks ass, except when you have to try and hit of Spahn or Gibson.

Try hitting against Satchel Paige........ freakin impossible.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ May 7, 2005 -> 10:02 PM)
I actually did. My brother had him pitch and I rocked him for 8 runs.

Try letting the computer control him.

All the legend pitchers are super hard to hit.