MVP Baseball 2005

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Feb 23, 2005 -> 10:02 PM)
Wow, just played my first game, Shingo's frisbee is basically in the game, or they at least nailed it. Try going fastball 1st, then do the changeup, with Shingo, it's UNHITABLE.

You aren't kidding. The frisbee is AWESOME!

Of course, I struck someone out on it and was laughing my ass off, than on the next pitch to the next batter, I miss my spot and the guy hits a 410 foot homer to tie the game in the 9th. I lost in 12.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Check the Nationals, I don't know. Oh yeah, I effed up in my first season of Owner mode. Bought a bunch of entertainment, but didn't buy any concessions whatsoever. Was in debt 8 million dollars by mid-June. I also love though how you could trade for anyone without having to worry about payroll because you're the boss. I love this. And all the managers and coaches in the game are great. Ozzie was tossed in one of my games and my pitching coach called all the shots and I wasn't able to just like in real life such as pitching change and pinch runners.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Feb 23, 2005 -> 04:02 PM)
Wow, just played my first game, Shingo's frisbee is basically in the game, or they at least nailed it. Try going fastball 1st, then do the changeup, with Shingo, it's UNHITABLE.

in my first game shingo saved it for me and i was absolutely laughing my ass off at the frisbee. They got it DEAD ON.

Agreed, the frisbee is absolutely awesome. I sucked in my first game though, lost 3 to 0 but in the bottom of the 9th with scott on 2nd, Cleveland intentially walked Iguchi to bring the tying run up to the plate in the form of Frank Thomas, problem was I got a called 3rd strike that was wayyyyyyy outside. Anyways this game is fun as hell.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Feb 24, 2005 -> 03:31 AM)
I like that the strike zone is always not dead on, it can be a ball and called a strike. Pretty cool.

I argued a call like this once, got tossed and than I couldn't make any moves. Bench coach is not controlled.

QUOTE(SoxFanForever @ Feb 23, 2005 -> 09:45 PM)
What kind of stats did  you guys give Iguchi?

i had him at 65 power and contact for both andlike 86 speed thats all i remember...then again maybe thats bad luck cause he is out for 60 games already....

Anyone else hate how they still catch everything! :chair

QUOTE(Spod=Ratings @ Feb 23, 2005 -> 09:51 PM)
i had him at 65 power and contact for both andlike 86 speed thats all i remember...then again maybe thats bad luck cause he is out for 60 games already....

Anyone else hate how they still catch everything! :chair

He should be faster. Like 93 or higher. He wasn't one of the fastest players in all of japan for nothing.

QUOTE(Soxnbears01 @ Feb 24, 2005 -> 03:58 AM)
I'm looking online for a list of the MAJOR transactions that i need to change in my rosters.  Anyone find one?

Sosa to Baltimore.

Farnsy to Detroit.

I gotta get X-Box live so it will automatically update those rosters.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan56789 @ Feb 23, 2005 -> 10:23 PM)
Just so you know, in owner mode you create a stadium but when you go play your games you can chose to play wherever you want, so you can play at the cell

ya i think thats kinda dumb,and in dynasty you can pick stadium and day or night...so you could be hosting the twins at 12:15 and play turner field at night

Played two random exhibition games tonight against a buddy and lost both. My impressions.......

-- MUCH better game play

-- I know WHarris has been b****ing about the tag plays, but we found them to be 10x better than they were last year. I liked the improvements in that regard.

-- Hitting is difficult... I am in a slump already

-- I like little things like more contact, the foul balls are more realistic, etc.

-- base stealing is much more realistic..... last year it was next to impossible to get thrown out.

-- someone commented about leadoffs. What I found is that after you extend your leadoff the first time, your runner goes back to that point the next pitch, so you are already way out there

-- we played with manual setting on getting back to a base on a pickoff attempt. Makes things very difficult but more realistic. I got picked off twice because my mind drifted

Does anyone else play with the pitch cursor, strike zone and hot/cold zones turned off? It makes it a b**** to hit, but it is realistic. I found hitting to be more realistic in that there were more singles and line drives than last year. It seemed most of the time hits last year were ground balls or deep drives. Not much fell in front of the OFs.

I enjoyed the improved, more realistic gameplay, but was frustrated with the hitting. The good thing is that I don't get hit much either, so the games are always close.

That's all I can think of for now. I haven't even dabbled in the owner mode yet.

QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ Feb 23, 2005 -> 10:43 PM)
Played two random exhibition games tonight against a buddy and lost both.  My impressions.......

-- MUCH better game play

-- I know WHarris has been b****ing about the tag plays, but we found them to be 10x better than they were last year.  I liked the improvements in that regard.

-- Hitting is difficult...  I am in a slump already

-- I like little things like more contact, the foul balls are more realistic, etc. 

-- base stealing is much more realistic..... last year it was next to impossible to get thrown out.

-- someone commented about leadoffs.  What I found is that after you extend your leadoff the first time, your runner goes back to that point the next pitch, so you are already way out there

-- we played with manual setting on getting back to a base on a pickoff attempt.  Makes things very difficult but more realistic.  I got picked off twice because my mind drifted

Does anyone else play with the pitch cursor, strike zone and hot/cold zones turned off?  It makes it a b**** to hit, but it is realistic.  I found hitting to be more realistic in that there were more singles and line drives than last year.  It seemed most of the time hits last year were ground balls or deep drives.  Not much fell in front of the OFs.

I enjoyed the improved, more realistic gameplay, but was frustrated with the hitting.  The good thing is that I don't get hit much either, so the games are always close.

That's all I can think of for now.  I haven't even dabbled in the owner mode yet.

In both prior mvp games that's exactly how I've been, I can't hit worth a lick but I'm great at pitching, so far with this game it's the same thing.