MVP Baseball 2005

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought that Iguchi looked like Bret Boone in that video... He's definately not Ichiro!

mms://a1594.v108691.c10869.g.vm.akamaistream.net/7/1594/10869/v0001/mlb.download.akamai.com/10869/2005/open/teams05/cha/video/021605_iguchi_email_350.wmv

Edited by Gene Honda Civic

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Feb 24, 2005 -> 10:54 PM)
How come that monstrous link somehow converts into the M&M site?

I have no idea -- LOL -- I have the Iguchi thing saved on my desktop. I clicked properties while it was playing to get what I thought was the location of the file. I guess not... I'll find it

http://mfile.akamai.com/10869/wmv/mlb.down...i_email_350.asx

Hopefully that works

Edited by Gene Honda Civic

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Feb 24, 2005 -> 10:48 PM)

Nice to see he knows how to hit the ball the other way. Half of them he hit the other way though didn't look like they were on purpose.

I played two games against the computer last night. Played the Sox vs. Baltimore and used the rematch function for the 2nd game, so the pitchers and lineups were the same in both.

Lost 3-0 in the first game (had 2 or 3 hits) by giving up a 3-run bomb to Raffy Palmeiro.

Won the 2nd game 3-1. Garcia had a perfect game until giving up a HR to David Newhan (hung an 0-2 curveball so I deserved it) in the bottom of the 7th. That was the only hit or runner for them the whole game. Marte and Shingo finished it out. Broke my HR cherry for 2005 with a solo shot by ARow. I still struggle with hitting even though I had six hits this time.

I am frustrated by the hitting, but love the gameplay.

I gave Iguchi Godzilla's stance. Alot of Japanese hitters like to keep their hands low so I thought that fit. Iguchi's stance is way more open than Matsui's though. I think I probably made Iguchi too good overall, his rating was 3rd or 4th best on the team.

XBox Live also has a roster update out.

I love tuning gameplay. Pared made some good sliders for MVP 2004 and he's working on some again for 2005. Does anyone else love the variety of foul balls/tips in this game?

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Feb 25, 2005 -> 01:41 PM)
Same as last year, if a pitch is in the hot spot(at stomach or higher) press up and any direction you want to hit it at and it will be a fly ball. I actually have no problems hitting HR's. I have a harder time hitting singles. I always get extra base hits.

I can pretty much hit a single on command but I just have no HR stroke, if I get a ball up I usually hit up on the right analog stick but end up flying out.

Pared's MVP 2005 Gameplay Sliders v. 0.5

Difficulty: All-Star

Strike Zone: Off

Hot/Cold Zones: Fade

Pitch Cursor: Fade or Off

Variable "Stuff": On

User Pitch Meter Difficulty: -23

Pitch Speed: -5 (or default, no big difference, except off speed pitches are harder to hit on -5)

CPU Pitcher Ball Rate: 8

User Pitcher Fatigue: 0

CPU Pitcher Fatigue: 0

User Pitch Control: -50 (Yes, that's right.)

CPU Pitch Control: -5

Bullpen Fatigue Rate: 0

Bullpen Fatigue Grace: 0

User Batting Contact: 0

CPU Batting Contact: 18 (You have to offset the increased foul balls)

User Batting Power: 0 (Seems fine... for now)

CPU Batting Power: 0 (Again, seems fine)

User Bunting Ability: 0

CPU Bunting Ability: 0

User Foul Ball Frequency: 50 (Trust me... you're going to get into some MEMORABLE at bats!)

CPU Foul Ball Frequency: 45

CPU Swing Frequency: -26

User OF Speed (Manual): 0

User OF Speed (MVP): 0

CPU OF Speed: 0

User IF Speed (Manual): -6

User IF Speed (MVP): -6

CPU IF Speed: -6

User Throw Speed: 0

CPU Throw Speed: 0

User Throw Accuracy: -8

CPU Throw Accuracy: -5

User Catch Errors: 0

CPU Catch Errors: 0

User Dive Difficulty: 0

CPU Catch Effort: -25

User Baserunning Speed: 3

CPU Baserunning Speed: 3

User Runner Aggression: 5

CPU Runner Aggression: 5

User Runner Steal Speed: 0

CPU Runner Steal Speed: 0

User Runner Steal Delay: -4

CPU Runner Steal Delay: -4

CPU Steal Rate: 8

Runner Injury Frequency: 0

Pitcher Injury Frequency: 0

Batter Injury Frequency: 0

Fielder Injury Frequency: 7

Pitching MG Difference: 0

PHEW! As you can see the list is long, but I have to give lots of credit to the MVP development team, as this game was REALLY great out of the box. Even though it is great out of the box, here is a list of improvements this version addresses:

-Pitch counts; Increased for both User and CPU

-The slow baserunners can no longer be thrown out on plays where the fielder dives, spins, adjusts his crotch, checks out the hot girl in the third row, and then throws to first. Ichiro/Pierre still blaze down the line, but not inbelievably so.

-CPU Batters will now take a first pitch strike here and there, plus can get caught looking with proper pitching strategies. Their contact was raised to allow more solid contact and to also offset the increased number of fouls.

-Increased number of foul balls hit.

-User has a LOT less control when pitching. Missing the perfect zone allows for pitches to miss their spots immensely, directly correlated to the meter. In other words, the further you are from the Perfect zone, the more you will see how off the pitch is from the initial spot.

-Meter is a bit tougher to hit the Perfect spot all the time. You really must work for it.

-Baserunners are more aggressive. I'm not done with steal delay and steal speed. The steal delay has to be a lot less, so you can get the impression that a runner "takes off" as soon as they think the pitcher commits to home. Must be offset by Steal speed, however.

Some notes:

-The sliders with (MVP) next to them are the speeds of the players when the CPU is controlling them, before the user takes control.

-Some few have said they've been able to throw players out at first from line drives to RF... while I have not seen it, keep in mind the stadium you're playing in. The baserunning speed increase should help this as well.

-I have not done any testing on any other levels, as I still have much more to look at on the All-Star level.

There you have it, a very early set so you can get an idea of what's being tweaked. Constructive comments/feedback always welcome!

Enjoy!

QUOTE(whitesoxfan56789 @ Feb 25, 2005 -> 10:27 PM)
Roster update is out now  :D

Looks good, the sox roster is exactly the same but still.

I downloaded one this morning, but no Iguchi so I figured it was still an old one. Never thought to look if Maggs was on Tigers and such.

QUOTE(Brian @ Feb 25, 2005 -> 04:34 PM)
I downloaded one this morning, but no Iguchi so I figured it was still an old one. Never thought to look if Maggs was on Tigers and such.

Yea, Iguchi wont be in until at least the april update because he has to play a game first, he probably wont be in until may or june. Im pretty sure Takatsu want in last years game until the june update.