MVP Baseball 2005

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ Mar 3, 2005 -> 07:15 PM)
How do you turn the sound off? I turned my tv down, but the stupid song information still pops up on the screen when each song starts.... bugs the s*** out of me when I am in owner mode

There is a menu called "My MVP", from there you can go to jukebox and turn off certan songs.

QUOTE(Mr. Showtime @ Mar 3, 2005 -> 08:22 PM)
There is a menu called "My MVP", from there you can go to jukebox and turn off certan songs.

Tessie should be turned off in everyone's jukebox.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Mar 3, 2005 -> 07:18 PM)
Anyone know if you can (on XBox) use your burned music on your hard drive for the soundtrack on MVP?

How do you even get songs on the XBOX

I put in a burned CD said it couldnt read it

I put in a CD from the store, it cant do that either.. I dont get whats goin on

QUOTE(T R U @ Mar 3, 2005 -> 09:33 PM)
How do you even get songs on the XBOX

I put in a burned CD said it couldnt read it

I put in a CD from the store, it cant do that either.. I dont get whats goin on

I just put them in and burn them directly on with no problems.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Mar 3, 2005 -> 07:29 PM)
Tessie should be turned off in everyone's jukebox.

I said that earlier in the thread, horrible song.

Played my first season game tonight, won in the Bottom of the 9th with a 3-run shot from Frank.

Okay After reading this thread I remade the Sox...

I bought every FA that was worth a damn then traded them away

Starting Lineup

RF- Carl Crawford

2b- Tadahito Uguchi,

SS- Jose Reyes

1b- Mark Teixeira

LF- Migeul Caberea

CF- Aaron Rowand

3B- Dave McPhearson

DH- Nick Swisher

C- Joe Mauer

SP

1. Jake Peavy

2. Oliver Perez

3. Carlos Zambrno

4. Rich Harden

5, Bradon Webb

I think I honestly now have about 15 of the top 100 rookies on my team.. The Barons have 6 on their roster by them selves.

Won the first game and made a 500K profit.

BTW.. I took about 2-3 hours to perfect the roster, and get everything squared away.

After simming alot i maxed out my stadiums seats, scoreboard and restaurant. All of the rest of the upgrades arent expensive and i should be able to max those out after one more simmed season tomarrow. You dont have any control really what it looks like, but what it is set to look like is awesome :D

I still havent decided if i wanna do a owner mode or dynasty with the sox, Ive started like 4 already, one with owner, then wanting to have The Cell, so i start a dynasty but want more control so i go back to owner and back to dynasty :banghead

Finished my first season, came out about 7 Million ahead. Made the playoffs, now it is time to jack up the prices and get some cash. Made over a million my first playoff game.

Roster if anyone is interested:

LF Pods

1B Gload

CF Rowand

C Mauer

SS Uribe

2B Iguchi

3B McPherson

RF Swisher

DH Pierzynski

Bench of Davis, valdez, and 2 computer guys.

Pitching

1. Sheets

2. Harden

3 Blaton

4. Kazmir

5. Garland

Pen

Cotts

Politte

Marte

Baj

J.C. Romero

Vizcaino

Shingo

This team won 94 games with me mostly simming. It really pays off to have a low payroll and max out your cash. I revamped the whole team and farm system. My A and AA teams are ranked in the top 5 and have a lot of high prospects as well. This was all done with fair trades. I don't know how, but I made out on top my first year. This is pretty sweet.

Last night in the first game of my series against the Cubs I crushed them 16-6. If not for 6 unearned runs after 3 two out errors in the 5th, I would have won 16-0. Vlad had 7 rbi and Jeremy Reed was 4-6 with 3 doubles.

So far I think I'm 27-15 in my first season of a dynasty. I manage about half the games and play about half. I'm only in the hole a few hundred thousand so far, so hopefully down the stretch and in the playoffs I'll make a profit.

QUOTE(Brian @ Mar 4, 2005 -> 01:14 PM)
Anybody else see when you pitch, sometimes, the ball looks like it is black? Does that mean anything or is the game screwed up a tad?

That's the hitters eye. Watch the ball right after it is released and if it is red, its a curveball/splitter, white is fastball, and green is offspeed. It took me a while to figure that out because I didn't read the manual, but it really helped my hitting. I just sit on fastballs and slap line drives all over.

QUOTE(whitesoxin' @ Mar 4, 2005 -> 06:19 PM)
That's the hitters eye. Watch the ball right after it is released and if it is red, its a curveball/splitter, white is fastball, and green is offspeed. It took me a while to figure that out because I didn't read the manual, but it really helped my hitting. I just sit on fastballs and slap line drives all over.

No, I know what the hitter's eye is. this is different. Just all of a sudden, the ball is grey or black. Even when it is in play.

QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ Mar 4, 2005 -> 12:07 AM)
Okay After reading this thread I remade the Sox...

I bought every FA that was worth a damn then traded them away

Starting Lineup

RF- Carl Crawford

2b-  Tadahito Uguchi,

SS- Jose Reyes

1b- Mark Teixeira

LF- Migeul Caberea

CF- Aaron Rowand

3B- Dave McPhearson

DH- Nick Swisher

C- Joe Mauer

SP

1. Jake Peavy

2. Oliver Perez

3. Carlos Zambrno

4. Rich Harden

5, Bradon Webb

I think I honestly now have about 15 of the top 100 rookies on my team.. The Barons have 6 on their roster by them selves.

Won the first game and made a 500K profit.

BTW.. I took about 2-3 hours to perfect the roster, and get everything squared away.

love ur rotation, u should win lots of games on that alone.....if there is a guy by the name of J Allen in FA, pick him up immediately and put him at 2nd base. He turned into a GG winner my first season putting him there(he's orginally a CF) and he's a great contact hitter. Also there's a CF prospect in the Expos organization(I think it's Jerry Owens) in 1A and he turns into a great all around hitter. I like your team though. You might not turn profit or much of it after the first season, but after the second season you should, so don't worry.

i finally after about 20 drafts and starting multiple seasons repeatedly getting bored with my team ive created one thats young cheap and i really enjoy.

C: Joe Mauer

1B: Mark Texiera

2B: Rickie Weeks

SS: BJ Upton

3B: David Wright

LF: Carl Crawford

CF: Coco Crisp(just like his name)

RF: Willy Mo Pena

Starting Rotation:

1: Jake Peavy

2: Oliver Perez

3: Zack Greinkie

4: Sean Burnett

5: Edwin Jackson

Bench:

Charles Thomas

Sandy Alomar jr

Brian Roberts

Joe Crede

Nick Swisher

Bullpen:

Frankie Francisco

Arnie Munoz

Jessie Crain

that japanese Otsuna guy i think from padres

Brandon League

prob a couple bullpen guys that right now i cant think of but thats the core.

love ur rotation, u should win lots of games on that alone.....if there is a guy by the name of J Allen in FA, pick him up immediately and put him at 2nd base. He turned into a GG winner my first season putting him there(he's orginally a CF) and he's a great contact hitter. Also there's a CF prospect in the Expos organization(I think it's Jerry Owens) in 1A and he turns into a great all around hitter. I like your team though. You might not turn profit or much of it after the first season, but after the second season you should, so don't worry.

I also have Edwin Jackson in Triple A

Right now with the Current SOx, only 3 are making over 1mil

Rowand

Hermanson(about to be traded when I get hom)

Shingo