MVP Baseball 2005

For those who actually made a profit in Owner Mode, I have a few questions:

-First -- what should I charge for tickets for those low-impact games, like against Tampa, Kansas City, or Seattle? I tried charging lower, but even though more people attended, I made less profit. Any ideas there?

-Second -- for the higher impact games, like New York, Boston, and Minny, what should I charge?

-Finally - can someone just put out some tips as to how to make a profit? I'm having a real tough time (thus far -- but then again, I like to play most of my games, so I won't know my season profit for a while) making money. Any help?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i scored 7 runs off of Bonderman and than hit one right back into his gut in the 4th inning effectively taking him out for 30 days..... 2 bad he was one of the few pitchers on all star i hit well.... especially since my next 2 games were against Santana and Randy Johnson.

For those who actually made a profit in Owner Mode, I have a few questions:

-First -- what should I charge for tickets for those low-impact games, like against Tampa, Kansas City, or Seattle?  I tried charging lower, but even though more people attended, I made less profit.  Any ideas there?

-Second -- for the higher impact games, like New York, Boston, and Minny, what should I charge?

-Finally - can someone just put out some tips as to how to make a profit?  I'm having a real tough time (thus far -- but then again, I like to play most of my games, so I won't know my season profit for a while) making money.  Any help?

I traded away every single WS exepct Aaron Rowand, for Cheaper players, I make on Avg about 4-500k per game. I was able to trade most of the Sox players for a MLB player and a top Prospect. I think I am 6-4 playing every game, need to see about the formention "catch-up" button.

I charge the same for every game right now, and still manage a profit.

I also own 1 of every vendors and 3 stores.

Pared's MVP 2005 Gameplay Sliders v. 1.0

Difficulty: All-Star

Strike Zone: Off

Hot/Cold Zones: Fade

Pitch Cursor: Off or Fade

Variable "Stuff": On

User Pitch Meter Difficulty: -23

Pitch Speed: 0

CPU Pitcher Ball Rate: 5

User Pitcher Fatigue: -3

CPU Pitcher Fatigue: 0

User Pitch Control: -50 (Yes, that's right.)

CPU Pitch Control: -15

Bullpen Fatigue Rate: 0

Bullpen Fatigue Grace: 0

User Batting Contact: 14 (Makes for some more varied scores)

CPU Batting Contact: 14 (You have to offset the increased foul balls)

User Batting Power: 7 (More offense)

CPU Batting Power: 7 (Again, offense)

User Bunting Ability: 0

CPU Bunting Ability: 0

User Foul Ball Frequency: 50 (Trust me... you're going to get into some MEMORABLE at bats!)

CPU Foul Ball Frequency: 50

CPU Swing Frequency: -28

User OF Speed (Manual): 0

User OF Speed (MVP): 0

CPU OF Speed: 0

User IF Speed (Manual): -6

User IF Speed (MVP): -4

CPU IF Speed: -6

User Throw Speed: -2

CPU Throw Speed: -2

User Throw Accuracy: -3

CPU Throw Accuracy: -3

User Catch Errors: 4

CPU Catch Errors: 4

User Dive Difficulty: 0

CPU Catch Effort: -25

User Baserunning Speed: -3

CPU Baserunning Speed: -3

User Runner Aggression: 8

CPU Runner Aggression: 8

User Runner Steal Speed: -4

CPU Runner Steal Speed: -4

User Runner Steal Delay: -8

CPU Runner Steal Delay: -8

CPU Steal Rate: 8

Runner Injury Frequency: 0

Pitcher Injury Frequency: 0

Batter Injury Frequency: 0

Fielder Injury Frequency: 4

Pitching MG Difference: 0

There! Here is a list of improvements this version addresses:

-Stealing. Better catchers can actually get the fast runners.

-Double Plays: Transitions, and chances of completion

-Offensive production and more varied games.

-Pitch counts refined.

-Runner aggression - produces more movement by the CPU on the field

-CPU contact and power balance. Make sure to waste pitches to setup the CPU batters or you will PAY!

-Fielder injuries lessened.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Mar 8, 2005 -> 02:25 PM)
The network adapter. MVP online.

About PS2 online...I'm thinking of buying it. Is it just the cost of buying the adapter and no monthly charge like on XBox? Also, is the adapter all you need to play online? Thanks in advance.

QUOTE(whitesoxin' @ Mar 8, 2005 -> 03:15 PM)
About PS2 online...I'm thinking of buying it. Is it just the cost of buying the adapter and no monthly charge like on XBox? Also, is the adapter all you need to play online? Thanks in advance.

There is no monthly fee, just the cost of the adapter. You'd probably want to have a high speed connection like cable or dsl if you're gonna be playing online.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Mar 8, 2005 -> 04:29 PM)
There is no monthly fee, just the cost of the adapter. You'd probably want to have a high speed connection like cable or dsl if you're gonna be playing online.

I've got a cable modem, so that is no problem. The adaptor is about $50 isn't it?

QUOTE(Soxnbears01 @ Mar 8, 2005 -> 09:03 PM)
I've given up on using sliders for this game.

Each set i try continues to piss me off more and more.

Just gona use default now.

I like Pareds sliders except the fact the only way the computer scores is solo homeruns. Ive played 5 games on All-Star with those sliders and the computer has never gotten a man on base, all they do is hit homeruns.

Oh, talk about an awesome game.

Great pitched game. Piniero and Garcia both pitched, Garcia for me (obviously) -- both were dominant, each only giving up two runs.

Top of the tenth, Juan Cruz gives up his first run of the season, a solo shot to Jeremy Reed.

Bottom of the tenth comes, I have to face Guardado. Keith Ginter leads it off with a single that just falls in front of Ichiro!. Next batter, Dye was guessing a pitch on the outside corner, but the pitch came inside. It breaks his bat, and it's a bloop, that lands right in shallow CF. Ginter reads it the whole way, so he advances to third. Runners at the corner, nobody out. Uribe K's on a changeup. Podsednik is up, and he's hitting .238. First pitch is a cookie, a mistake, and I foul it off. Next pitch, inside corner, I blast it. Now, I just think that it's a popup, but it keeps going and going. Ichiro! jumps, and doesn't make the catch. HOMERUN!

White Sox 5, Mariners 3 :headbang

Oh, talk about an awesome game.

Great pitched game.  Piniero and Garcia both pitched, Garcia for me (obviously) -- both were dominant, each only giving up two runs.

Top of the tenth, Juan Cruz gives up his first run of the season, a solo shot to Jeremy Reed.

Bottom of the tenth comes, I have to face Guardado.  Keith Ginter leads it off with a single that just falls in front of Ichiro!.  Next batter, Dye was guessing a pitch on the outside corner, but the pitch came inside.  It breaks his bat, and it's a bloop, that lands right in shallow CF.  Ginter reads it the whole way, so he advances to third.  Runners at the corner, nobody out.  Uribe K's on a changeup.  Podsednik is up, and he's hitting .238.  First pitch is a cookie, a mistake, and I foul it off.  Next pitch, inside corner, I blast it.  Now, I just think that it's a popup, but it keeps going and going.  Ichiro! jumps, and doesn't make the catch.  HOMERUN!

White Sox 5, Mariners 3  :headbang

What is your lineup? Are you making or losing Money?