MVP Baseball 2005

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone interested in a good PC league check this site out, http://www.mvpleague.net/league/

good league use to be the Sox 2 years ago , but moved and lost them!  :gosox1:

That looks sweet. Though the person that owns the Sox now.. Well lets just say isn't to bright.. How did you find that league? Also do you play all the game or sim them?

QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ Jul 23, 2005 -> 02:35 PM)
That looks sweet. Though the person that owns the Sox now.. Well lets just say isn't to bright.. How did you find that league? Also do you play all the game or sim them?

we play them, do fanatsy mode and everyhting.. Draft .. call ups. Been in leagues like this for 4 -5 years now. RLB was the orginal league but the founders moved and now iM in MVP which is pro. the best MVP league on the net! We have roster guy that makes ll the weekly moves and we download league roster and play! Same thing with madden if ur interested have some top notch leagues there as well.. allot better than console play by far!

Edited by Soxpranos

we play them, do fanatsy mode and everyhting.. Draft .. call ups. Been in leagues like this for 4 -5 years now. RLB was the orginal league but the founders moved and now iM in MVP which is pro. the best MVP league on the net!  We have roster guy that makes ll the weekly moves and we download league roster and play! Same thing with madden if ur interested have some top notch leagues there as well.. allot better than console play by far!

I am much more intrested in MLB than Madden.. After about 3 days I am sick of Madden..Just same thing over and over.. But as far as MVP thingy.. Let me know if there are any opening, I go and buy the Comnputer version that day.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Jul 25, 2005 -> 05:22 PM)
You won't find Jenks on MVP '05. I don't have time, but the Widge is on StL and Ozuna on Toledo on '04. Jenks was called up for the first time this year.

I just made the guy that has that filthy ass stuff in our single a team bobby jenks.

QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ Jul 25, 2005 -> 08:15 AM)
I am much more intrested in MLB than Madden.. After about 3 days I am sick of Madden..Just same thing over and over.. But as far as MVP thingy.. Let me know if there are any opening, I go and buy the Comnputer version that day.

Anthrax, go to the site and request a team. I believ the A's just opened up, everything is done thru internet. you will get a e-mail with instructions... Pretty cool dude, Bringing guys up and sending guys down... I just hate the fact im the Cubs..but im bringing minor leaguers up and making them pretty good... thats the part i like the most... not to mention the gameplay itself.. tough competition in the league.

There really needs to be a negotiate option for trades in this game. IIRC HH2002?? had it and it was a really nice feature. It gave you a list of all of your players that the other wanted to satisfy the trade. If you were to put somebody different included in the deal and hit negotiate again, another list would come up wtih better or worse players depending on who was added. I always thought that was pretty cool. Anyways, just my .02

Two quick questions:

Is it wise to re-sign guys during the season? I'm not sure how that works...is there arbitration?

What do you have to do to build up a pitcher's stats? McCarthy, for example, has a stamina of 38, but I want to build that up so I can call him up in the near future. Is there anything I could do?

Thanks.

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Aug 5, 2005 -> 08:58 AM)
Two quick questions:

Is it wise to re-sign guys during the season?  I'm not sure how that works...is there arbitration?

What do you have to do to build up a pitcher's stats?  McCarthy, for example, has a stamina of 38, but I want to build that up so I can call him up in the near future.  Is there anything I could do?

Thanks.

is this for MVP 2005 Franchise you talking about?

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Aug 5, 2005 -> 09:17 AM)
Signing guys during the season can be a smart thing to do. If you have a young guy that is really doing well, and you think its going to be good for a while, sign him midseason for 5 or 6 seasons, and you can get him for a really good price.

Is there arbitration? Are all the guys who have one year left on their contract going to go to free agency or does the game actually have arbitration?

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Aug 5, 2005 -> 09:15 AM)
05' Dynasty.

C'mon, man, it's an MVP 05' thread. :P

Just making sure.... try making him #1 Starter (prob is already) and cut down rotation to 4 pitchers in his minor league team to get him more starts.

QUOTE(SuperSteve @ Aug 6, 2005 -> 10:47 PM)
Can anyone tell me updated attributes for guys like AJ, Pods, and Cotts? They suck in the game, they arn't that bad in real life.

For Pods, I just upped his contact and his patience at the plate. For AJ I kept his contact and gave him more power. For Cotts, I just made whatever he throws have more movement and gave him more control over those pitches.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Aug 7, 2005 -> 05:14 AM)
For Pods, I just upped his contact and his patience at the plate. For AJ I kept his contact and gave him more power. For Cotts, I just made whatever he throws have more movement and gave him more control over those pitches.

I upgraded his fastball to 92 and than gave him a slider and took away his 2 seamer.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Aug 7, 2005 -> 07:24 PM)
Thanks for your permission, Rex. :P

Do you know what his full repitoire is Rex? I figured you'd know as well as anyone.

Fastball, curveball and change from what I can tell. I don't see him enough these days to know if he has added a cut fastball.