Pinnochio: A Discussion Of Ethics

3E8

Wouldn't the fairy be like an angel? So it would of been like gods will anyway...

You do realize it was just a book right... :ph34r:

No, they're not similar to angels in my opinion. His question is more ethical though, hypothetically. I don't agree with the cloning, nor playing God, but in this case, Gepetto was a deserving man. How much of what we do is ethical anyways, hell, I sin everyday.

Ok, did that blue fairy have the right to give Pinoccio life after Gepetto wished for it?

If I was back in high school trying to bulls*** the Jesuits, I think this would be the heart of my response...

You can inerpret the Blue Fairy as being merely one facet of a multi-faceted God, re the theophany (visible manifestation of the Divine Agent) or "Malach Yahweh"-type appearances of God in a messenger/Angel incarnation, then she was not 'playing' God, she herself was an arm of God.

This interpretation is not without merit, as the Blue Fairy came and transformed Pionnochio only after Gepetto had invoked the Chistian God through prayer. Wishing on the wishing star was a bit less overtly prayerful, but in the Disney version the wishing star actually is the Blue Fairy (or is the station in the heavens from whence she appears). So it appears the prayer had already been answered as the manifestation of the Divine Agent as the wishing star/BBlue Fairy.

[/Old Testament mindf***]

So, it's all good. ;)

If I was back in high school trying to bulls*** the Jesuits, I think this would be the heart of my response...

You can inerpret the Blue Fairy as being merely one facet of a multi-faceted God, re the theophany (visible manifestation of the Divine Agent) or "Malach Yahweh"-type appearances of God in a messenger/Angel incarnation, then she was not 'playing' God, she herself was an arm of God.

This interpretation is not without merit, as the Blue Fairy came and transformed Pionnochio only after Gepetto had invoked the Chistian God through prayer.  Wishing on the wishing star was a bit less overtly prayerful, but in the Disney version the wishing star actually is the Blue Fairy (or is the station in the heavens from whence she appears).  So it appears the prayer had already been answered as the manifestation of the Divine Agent as the wishing star/BBlue Fairy.

So, it's all good.  ;)

Wow. :lol:

This interpretation is not without merit, as the Blue Fairy came and transformed Pionnochio only after Gepetto had invoked the Chistian God through prayer.  Wishing on the wishing star was a bit less overtly prayerful, but in the Disney version the wishing star actually is the Blue Fairy (or is the station in the heavens from whence she appears).  So it appears the prayer had already been answered as the manifestation of the Divine Agent as the wishing star/BBlue Fairy.

So, it's all good.  ;)

Awesome.