No sex makes man crazy

Soxy

12 years no sex makes man go crazy!

No Sex Is Doing My Head In, Rebel Says

LIMA, Peru (Reuters) - A Peruvian rebel leader told a court on Thursday he was suffering mental problems because of 12 years of no sex and tough jail conditions.

"Since I am subjected to this sexual abstinence ... because of such an unjust and inhuman (prison) regime, I suffer from a certain (mental) imbalance and sometimes I forget things too, I have problems concentrating," Victor Polay, leader of the Tupac Amaru Revolutionary Movement, or MRTA, told the judge.

Polay, 53, who is married with three children, has been held in Peru's top security jail on a naval base near Lima since his recapture in 1992 following a sensational escape from another jail through a 1,000-foot (300-meter) tunnel.

The MRTA won worldwide notoriety with a 126-day hostage siege in Lima in 1996-97.

Polay, who has apologized to victims of his group's killings, bombings and kidnappings, is being retried on terrorism charges after Peru's top court threw out the treason charge for which he was jailed for life by a military court.

Inmates in Peruvian jails are allowed conjugal visits but Polay and other rebel leaders were held for years in isolation for all but half an hour a day in tiny concrete cells.

Polay's jail conditions have improved and he is now allowed more visits, more exercise time and has more space than during the 1990s, but he still has no sex and is being held in a solitary cell, prison officials say.

Polay's mother, Otilia Campos, says her son was tortured and lost about 66 lbs (30 kg). "He was a ghost, a skeleton ... I'm sure it's had consequences on his mind," she told reporters.

Abimael Guzman, the leader of the deadlier Shining Path movement, and his longtime companion, were also jailed for life in the same prison but were allowed cozy companionship and other privileges, including reported romantic dinners, after agreeing to peace talks with the then government.

Prosecutors want Polay sentenced to life, but he says he is guilty of rebellion not terrorism, and wants a shorter term.

"Because of my lack of memory and some defense mechanisms, I tend ... a bit to evade reality," said Polay, looking weary but sincere. "But I want to collaborate with this trial."

Judge Pablo Talavera ordered him to undergo a full psychiatric assessment before he is cross-examined.

Polay, 53, who is married with three children, has been held in Peru's top security jail on a naval base near Lima since his recapture in 1992 following a sensational escape from another jail through a 1,000-foot (300-meter) tunnel.

Sounds like something out of the Shawshank Redemption.

That guy could probably use his hand at lights out if he wanted to. It's easy to be quiet.