this just in............please read..........

Guest hotsoxchick1

Guest hotsoxchick1

ok i found this on another site i belong to and thought you all would find a few things interesting in it... not sure which paper it came out of i asked and am waiting to get a response.............read on..........

Closed-door meeting nets few early results

April 1, 2003

Following their first straight defeat -- a 3-0 decision at Kansas City on Monday -- manager Jerry Manuel closed the clubhouse doors and held a 45-minute meeting. There was obviously a lot to talk about. The team arguably has the best talent in the AL Central division, but its play since March 31 has been generally uninspired.

After being near the top of the league in spring training in batting average, the team hit just .100 in March and went 0-1.

The team's pitching staff remains suspect, but the offense was supposed to be strong enough to carry the team.

The lengthy team meeting didn't produce immediate results. Last night, most players went out and drank themselves silly fearing that another year of disappointment was ahead. . . .

Righthander Tom Gordon continues to struggle and his inability to hold a 0-2 deficeit in the eighth inning against Kansas City, shattering the team's confidence in him. Gordon's ERA (9.00) and opposing batting average (.333) are both very poor, but he is expected to keep his job.

The only other option is lefthander Damaso Marte, who has yet to allow a run this season. Manuel doesn't know if Marte is mentally ready to handle the set-up role.

SEE A DIFFERENT GAME

The team has quite a few players who are in the final years of their contracts. And Thomas has that performance clause that could void his deal at the end of the season. Given the team's recent struggles, it appears that several of the players will be wearing different uniforms in 2004.

If the team falls out of contention -- and it is unquestionably on that path -- GM Kenny Williams will probably clean house and rebuild with prospects like outfielder Joe Borchard and middle infielder / outfielder Willie Harris. The existing players all want to stay, but they appear to be pressing too much to make it happen.

Guest hotsoxchick1
Let me guess, this is Mariotti (aka kotex boy's) column tommorrow?

ya know what i seriously dont know which paper it came from... i just took it off another site i go to..........

Guest hotsoxchick1
That's cute.

:fyou to the douche bag who came up with April fools. What a crock of s***.

ian like i said its from another site.. it did not have an aprils fools attached to it so i can only assume its not one yet till i find out the paper from which it came....i emailed the guy who put it up and im waiting on a response........

ian like i said its from another site.. it did not have an aprils fools attached to it so i can only assume its not one yet till i find out the paper from which it came....i emailed the guy who put it up and im waiting on a response........

If there was a team meeting, first of all, it would be so damn stupid I'd snap. Second, all the papers here would mention it, which they didn't. And thirdly, no newspaper article starts with "following their first straight defeat".

Guest hotsoxchick1

If there was a team meeting, first of all, it would be so damn stupid I'd snap. Second, all the papers here would mention it, which they didn't. And thirdly, no newspaper article starts with "following their first straight defeat".

easy ian.... i told ya i just took it from somewhere else.. when i find out what the paper is it was printed in ill let ya know.............geez us back down tiger..........remember whos takin ya to the game friday???????lol lol lol :D

easy ian.... i told ya i just took it from somewhere else.. when i find out what the paper is it was printed in ill let ya know.............geez us back down tiger..........remember whos takin ya to the game friday???????lol lol lol :D

I'm not mad at you, I just hate April Fools day with a passion.

Guest hotsoxchick1

I'm not mad at you, I just hate April Fools day with a passion.

yeah lol your more the st. patricks type of guy huh... i can tell from the flag hanging outside your house..........lol :D ;)

Guest hotsoxchick1
yeah lol your more the st. patricks type of guy huh... i can tell from the flag hanging outside your house..........lol  :D   ;)

That's not MY flag. :angry:

uhh huh.......... :D :D :P :D :D :D :lol: