Films

LosMediasBlancas

QUOTE(Rex Kickass @ Jul 2, 2006 -> 01:12 PM)
I saw The Devil Wears Prada Friday.

It was funny for 45 minutes. Then you say, "Okay, I've had enough" but there's still an hour of the movie left.

My wife and I saw this on Friday also. Nothing happened in that film that I didn't see coming a mile away. I understand it's very different from the book too.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jul 2, 2006 -> 01:26 PM)
Longest movie ever and you just sit and wait and its just horrid. Its like 10 minutes of a movie showed over 15 different ways. Why don't I just walk down the street for about 5 minute and than show everyone else's perspective of me watching and call it a 2hr movie.

Longest movie ever and you just sit and wait and its just horrid. Its like 10 minutes of a movie showed over 15 different ways. Why don't I just walk down the street for about 5 minute and than show everyone else's perspective of me watching and call it a 2hr movie.

echo.......

I guess it don't work for me :P

Watched Date Movie the other night. I don't know why I didn't listen to all the terrible reviews this thing got. I really should have. But I feel it is my duty to all of you fine folks to pass along a warning:

AVOID DATE MOVIE AT ALL COSTS!!! IT IS EASILY ONE OF THE WORST "FILMS" EVER MADE!!! AVOID, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD OR WHATEVER YOU WORSHIP, STAY FAR, FAR, FAR AWAY FROM THIS THING!!!

Don't say I didn't warn you.

Edited by Kid Gleason

QUOTE(Steff @ Jul 6, 2006 -> 10:49 AM)
Couldn't sleep so I watched American Psycho for the 4,831st time last night.

"Do you like Huey Lewis and the News?"

I LMAO every time he starts that speech...

Actually one of my favorite movies of all time!

Waitor: Do you want to hear the specials?

Bateman: Not if you want to keep your spleen.

If I was more awake, I'd type the whole rant on Huey Lewis and the News. It's a little new age for my taste.

QUOTE(Steff @ Jul 6, 2006 -> 10:49 AM)
Couldn't sleep so I watched American Psycho for the 4,831st time last night.

"Do you like Huey Lewis and the News?"

I LMAO every time he starts that speech...

That film has a LOT more female fans than male fans. Not sure why that is, but that is amazing to me.

QUOTE(bmags @ Jul 6, 2006 -> 10:31 PM)
so after KG's glowing recommendation, i rented date movie...and boy, that thing was terrible. I don't know what he was thinking.

I didn't need any more warning than about 15 seconds of the trailer to tell me that movie was a big pile of ****.

QUOTE(Brian @ Jul 7, 2006 -> 12:49 AM)
If I was more awake, I'd type the whole rant on Huey Lewis and the News. It's a little new age for my taste.

" Do you like Huey Lewis and the News? Their early work was a little too new wave for my tastes, but when Sports came out in '83,I think they really came into their own, commercial and artistically. The whole album has a clear, crisp sound, and a new sheen of consimante professionalism that really gives the songs a big boost. He's been compared to Elvis Costello, but I think Huey has a far much more bitter, cynical sense of humour."

"Is that a rain coat?"

"Yes it is! In '87, Huey released this, Fore, their most accomplished album. I think their undisputed masterpiece is "Hip to be Square", a song so catchy, most people probably don't listen to the lyrics. But they should, because it's not just about the pleasures of conformity, and the importance of trends, it's also a personal statement about the band itself."

;)

And while the Huey Lewis bit is great.. nothing beats the first 5 minutes of the movie...

"My name is Patrick Bateman. I am

twenty-six years old. I live in the American Garden

Buildings on West Eighty-First Street, on the eleventh

floor Tom Cruise lives in the penthouse.

"I believe in taking care of myself, in a

balanced diet, in a rigorous exercise routine. In the

morning, if my face is a little puffy, I'll put on an ice

pack while doing my stomach crunches. I can do a thousand

now.

"After I remove the icepack, I use a deep

pore-cleanser lotion. In the shower, I use a

water-activated gel cleanser, then a honey-almond body

scrub, and on the face an exfoliating gel scrub.

"Then I apply an herb mint facial masque which

I leave on for ten minutes while I prepare the rest of my

routine.

"I always use an after-shave lotion with little

or no alcohol because alcohol dries your face out and makes

you look older. Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye

balm, followed by a final moisturizing "protective" lotion..."

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jul 7, 2006 -> 08:56 AM)
That film has a LOT more female fans than male fans. Not sure why that is, but that is amazing to me.

Because it gives validation to the thought that all you guys have a bit of loon in ya. :P

QUOTE(Brian @ Jul 7, 2006 -> 11:16 PM)
I liked the scene to "Sussudio". Would of been better if the two women were more attractive.

"Sabrina.. don't just look at it.. EAT IT!!"

:lolhitting

went and saw pirates 2 this afternoon. it was entertaining. definitely not as good as the first but a good theatre movie still. sucks how they ended it though. disney sees $$$ to be had and is cashing in.

also, saw superman returns on wednesday. awesome. would put in my top 5 of all the recent comic book/super hero movies that have been out--behind batman begins, the 2 spideys & the punisher...

QUOTE(bmags @ Jul 8, 2006 -> 07:41 PM)
how have you seen it? is it out?

it had a limited release yesterday (Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, New York, San Francisco, Seattle, Austin & Toronto) and will be released to more markets on the 14, 28 & Aug 4th according to website...

QUOTE(Goldmember @ Jul 8, 2006 -> 08:58 PM)
went and saw pirates 2 this afternoon. it was entertaining. definitely not as good as the first but a good theatre movie still. sucks how they ended it though. disney sees $$$ to be had and is cashing in.

also, saw superman returns on wednesday. awesome. would put in my top 5 of all the recent comic book/super hero movies that have been out--behind batman begins, the 2 spideys & the punisher...

it had a limited release yesterday (Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, New York, San Francisco, Seattle, Austin & Toronto) and will be released to more markets on the 14, 28 & Aug 4th according to website...

Saw Superman a few days ago and was highly disappointed. Just bland, nothing too exciting. Not too mention some dude was in the row in front of me and had his phone on and it rang 3 seperate times and of course the dips*** answers and talks. Wanted to wrap a steel chair around his head.

well yeah, they filmed PotC 2 and PotC 3 at the same time, so the story is already done. the ending was just a transition. Disney already is cashing in.

QUOTE(Brian @ Jul 8, 2006 -> 09:41 PM)
Saw Superman a few days ago and was highly disappointed. Just bland, nothing too exciting. Not too mention some dude was in the row in front of me and had his phone on and it rang 3 seperate times and of course the dips*** answers and talks. Wanted to wrap a steel chair around his head.

Try watching it with kids getting wasted one row ahead of you. Cursing, smell of liquour, spilling of liquor, standing and sitting etc.

Do they ever!!

"Pirates 2" pulled in $132 million over the weekend besting Spiderman's 2002 weekend total of $114 million.

A new record!

http://movies.yahoo.com/mv/news/ap/2006071...5253928000.html

Finally saw Munich last night, boy was that overrated. The first 45 minutes or hour were great, but then it just sort of stalled and dragged on. Pay for information, set up hit, boom, repeat. Boring. Very anticlimactic too.

I also saw PotC on Friday. I'd agree with the review above: good, enjoyable movie that wasn't quite as good as the first. The ending was obviously just an intermission in the story with basically nothing resolved (think LotR).

Edited by StrangeSox

QUOTE(StrangeSox @ Jul 10, 2006 -> 10:00 AM)
Finally saw Munich last night, boy was that overrated. The first 45 minutes or hour were great, but then it just sort of stalled and dragged on. Pay for information, set up hit, boom, repeat. Boring. Very anticlimactic too.

I also saw PotC on Friday. I'd agree with the review above: good, enjoyable movie that wasn't quite as good as the first. The ending was obviously just an intermission in the story with basically nothing resolved (think LotR).

I disagree. The end showed that the cycle of violence led all involved to nothing good. They were all either dead or fearing that they soon would be dead. No more sense of patriotism for Bana, just a final realization that he had done nothing good by basically being a terrorist himself. And then they showed the WTC at the end to show how the violence had spread far enough to affect us.