Films

LosMediasBlancas

I think we're going to see Texas Chainsaw - The Beginning tonight. I wasn't too fond of the Biel one, but this one is a pre-quel and supposedly explains how the family business got started. Anyone else see it or planning on seeing it?

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Steff @ Oct 6, 2006 -> 03:23 PM)
I think we're going to see Texas Chainsaw - The Beginning tonight. I wasn't too fond of the Biel one, but this one is a pre-quel and supposedly explains how the family business got started. Anyone else see it or planning on seeing it?

I don't plan on seeing it. Looks cheesy to me.

I'm just sick of them saying "based on true events." Now it's so far removed from what they based it on that its just silly.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Oct 6, 2006 -> 04:12 PM)
Would like to hear a couple of fan reviews before I go. 2003 version was alright, but eh. This one is supposed to only be 85 min long or something, so not sure how much "Depth" is going to be there.

Someone in my office saw it and said "if you expect to get answers, don't hold your breath". Damn. Guess it's The Guardian tonight

QUOTE(Steff @ Oct 6, 2006 -> 03:23 PM)

To be honest, it looks horrible to me. I think I'm finally going to see jackass tonight, that or get drunk or both. ;)

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Oct 6, 2006 -> 02:32 PM)
To be honest, it looks horrible to me. I think I'm finally going to see jackass tonight, that or get drunk or both. ;)

Jackass was ridiculously good. Only movie I've seen in a while and it didn't let down at all. I liked the first one and this one was ridiculously better.

QUOTE(Steff @ Oct 11, 2006 -> 08:01 AM)
Saw 3 is coming out on 10/27. I'm a big fan of the franchise so I'm looking forward to it. The stills I have seen give all indications that this is going to be one of the bloodiest films ever. :unsure:

The theatre at Gurnee Mills is showing the Saw trilogy one night. $25 and a 20 minute intermission between movies. Forget the night it is.

I haven't seen any of them and probably won't.

QUOTE(Brian @ Oct 11, 2006 -> 09:00 AM)
The theatre at Gurnee Mills is showing the Saw trilogy one night. $25 and a 20 minute intermission between movies. Forget the night it is.

I haven't seen any of them and probably won't.

I'll have to check that out. Jim and I could probably fit that in around Frightfest.

Brian, I can't find any info on the showing. Can you find out about it for me?

QUOTE(Steff @ Oct 11, 2006 -> 08:01 AM)
Saw 3 is coming out on 10/27. I'm a big fan of the franchise so I'm looking forward to it.

^^^

Still haven't seen jackass. My friends and I for the last 3 weekends keep saying we're going to go and just always end up doing something else. Hopefully this weekend we'll finally go, cause I really want to see that movie.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Oct 11, 2006 -> 09:12 AM)
^^^

Still haven't seen jackass. My friends and I for the last 3 weekends keep saying we're going to go and just always end up doing something else. Hopefully this weekend we'll finally go, cause I really want to see that movie.

We haven't either. One main reason is because with the first one - that we bought on DVD - we rewinded it so many times to see things we missed and you obviously can't do that in the theater. We'll likely do the same with the second one.

QUOTE(SoxFanForever @ Oct 22, 2006 -> 04:00 PM)
I'm thinking of catching "The Prestige" with Bale and Jackman. Has anyone seen it yet? It looks pretty decent.

Christopher Nolan is top notch. I'll probably see it Tuesday

QUOTE(Steff @ Oct 11, 2006 -> 09:14 AM)
We haven't either. One main reason is because with the first one - that we bought on DVD - we rewinded it so many times to see things we missed and you obviously can't do that in the theater. We'll likely do the same with the second one.

What could you miss watching Jackass?

QUOTE(Steff @ Oct 25, 2006 -> 09:52 AM)
http://www.joblo.com/arrow/reviews.php?id=1129

Brian, good review of Saw3 there.

I just got some serious wood from reading the review. Thanks Steff. I've been obsessed with Saw ever since I saw the trailer for the original during the summer of '04. I've even got the Puppet. I know, I've got problems.

I've been looking for a reeeeallyy good Billy for a couple years now. I bid on the one used in Saw from some Hollywood prop auction but got beat out at the last second. A couple hundo's.

We're going to see it tonight. :headbang