Films

LosMediasBlancas

I loved Borat when I seen it at the theatre but there is absolutely no comedic value seeing it for a second time.I was kinda surprised that I didnt laugh even once ,and I wanted too because I loved this movie and I wanted to have a little bit of that enjoyment again but there was nothing.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(shipps @ Apr 30, 2007 -> 05:18 PM)
I loved Borat when I seen it at the theatre but there is absolutely no comedic value seeing it for a second time.I was kinda surprised that I didnt laugh even once ,and I wanted too because I loved this movie and I wanted to have a little bit of that enjoyment again but there was nothing.

I felt the same way seeing it a second time.

QUOTE(CrimsonWeltall @ Apr 23, 2007 -> 06:44 PM)
SPOILERS

First she was with Angiers, but when he told her to go away and spy on Borden, she actually got offended and joined Borden. She helped him be more theatrical, since that was his weakness. She also delivered the tricky diary back to Angiers.

More possible spoilers

Do you think that she realized that there was Borden and his twin/clone? His wife assumed a mistress, i wondered if Johanssen thought that she was the mistress, or if she knew that there were two of them.

More possible spoilers

Do you think that she realized that there was Borden and his twin/clone? His wife assumed a mistress, i wondered if Johanssen thought that she was the mistress, or if she knew that there were two of them.

I don't know if Johanssen or the wife knew about the twin, though the wife knew something was up.

Edited by CrimsonWeltall

QUOTE(shipps @ Apr 30, 2007 -> 05:18 PM)

I laughed the second time, but not nearly as much. When you know what to expect, it gets really boring.

However, the deleted scenes were pretty good. If you liked the movie, Sexydrownwatch is a must.

QUOTE(CrimsonWeltall @ Apr 30, 2007 -> 06:48 PM)
I don't know if Johanssen or the wife knew about the twin, though the wife knew something was up.

Definitely, he kept telling his wife that he loved her some days, but not others.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ May 3, 2007 -> 08:45 AM)
However, I am already counting down the days for "The Dark Knight" but that doesn't come out for a year+

YES! This. I really have no interest in the Spiderman series, I've found the movies to be rather weak and family oriented which is cool and all but it's not the sort of thing I'm interested in seeing. Perhaps if they had gone with David Fincher as the director like they had originally planned I would have a little more interest in it.

I absolutely love what Christopher Nolan is doing with the Batman series and from all accounts "Dark Knight" is going to be amazing. He casted Heath Ledger to play The Joker because he's "fearless" as an actor, Nolan's own words. He wants to bring a darker, more sadistic Joker to the big screen than the goofy, off the wall villain that we saw Nicholson play in '89. He wants to make Joker a true killer, an on edge, short-fused madman with truly psychopathic tendencies.

Aaron Eckhart (Thank You for Smoking) as Harvey Dent should be a pretty good move as well, he has the chiseled good looks that Two-Face should have before his accident and is a pretty solid actor in his own right. Though Maggie Gyllenhaal is rather tough to look at, I'll actually be able to respect and take her seriously as an actress as opposed to Katie Holmes.

It doesn't hurt that Christian Bale is my absolute favorite actor right now and has been since he played Patrick Bateman, he just needs to work on his "Batman Voice" which was pretty unusual in the first movie. I don't get into a lot of the Comic Book Superhero movies but this is definitely one franchise that I look forward to seeing more from in the future.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ May 3, 2007 -> 11:34 AM)
YES! This. I really have no interest in the Spiderman series, I've found the movies to be rather weak and family oriented which is cool and all but it's not the sort of thing I'm interested in seeing. Perhaps if they had gone with David Fincher as the director like they had originally planned I would have a little more interest in it.

I absolutely love what Christopher Nolan is doing with the Batman series and from all accounts "Dark Knight" is going to be amazing. He casted Heath Ledger to play The Joker because he's "fearless" as an actor, Nolan's own words. He wants to bring a darker, more sadistic Joker to the big screen than the goofy, off the wall villain that we saw Nicholson play in '89. He wants to make Joker a true killer, an on edge, short-fused madman with truly psychopathic tendencies.

Aaron Eckhart (Thank You for Smoking) as Harvey Dent should be a pretty good move as well, he has the chiseled good looks that Two-Face should have before his accident and is a pretty solid actor in his own right. Though Maggie Gyllenhaal is rather tough to look at, I'll actually be able to respect and take her seriously as an actress as opposed to Katie Holmes.

It doesn't hurt that Christian Bale is my absolute favorite actor right now and has been since he played Patrick Bateman, he just needs to work on his "Batman Voice" which was pretty unusual in the first movie. I don't get into a lot of the Comic Book Superhero movies but this is definitely one franchise that I look forward to seeing more from in the future.

American Physco is a great movie

QUOTE(DrunkBomber @ May 3, 2007 -> 02:24 PM)
American Physco is a great movie

American Psycho as well.

I watch that movie every so often. Great soundtrack and Bale rules!

QUOTE(Kalapse @ May 3, 2007 -> 11:34 AM)

In roughly two weeks he starts shooting for The Dark Knight.... :headbang

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ May 3, 2007 -> 09:16 AM)
Spiderman's definitely been my favorite of this whole comic book genre of movies.

I absolutely love the Spiderman's and XMen's. Judging by the responses, it seems like we're in the minority here, which I'm pretty surprised at.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ May 3, 2007 -> 06:34 PM)
I absolutely love the Spiderman's and XMen's. Judging by the responses, it seems like we're in the minority here, which I'm pretty surprised at.

I really enjoyed the first 2 X Men. I was a bit disappointed in the 3rd. The Spiderman movies are a little corny (which spiderman is supposed to be) but they are overall enjoyable. I'm looking forward to it.

I liked the first two Spiderman movies but i have no interest whatsoever in seeing the third. Sorry. I'm just looking forward to the Bourne Ultimatum, but i have to wait til August.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ May 4, 2007 -> 02:32 AM)
Sue me...I finally watched The Godfather Trilogy in it's entirety. And I've had the box set for a few years.

I've never seen a lot of "must see" movies in their entirety. I saw one of the Godfather movies but was totally lost because I had never seen the first one. I've never seen a whole Rocky movie (not that I can remember, anyways). So you're not alone.

QUOTE(Sonik22 @ May 3, 2007 -> 08:55 PM)
I liked the first two Spiderman movies but i have no interest whatsoever in seeing the third. Sorry. I'm just looking forward to the Bourne Ultimatum, but i have to wait til August.

Why? The third one is going to be the best by far and for one reason..

VENOM

Man I cant wait, im going tonight at 12:01.. its gonna be great