Films

LosMediasBlancas

Spidey3 was ok. Not as good as part 2, IMO. Just seemed to drag and the mix of the 3 villians, while making sense, was too much.

I do like how the villians are vulnerable and have compassionate traits to them.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Brian @ May 8, 2007 -> 07:24 PM)
Spidey3 was ok. Not as good as part 2, IMO. Just seemed to drag and the mix of the 3 villians, while making sense, was too much.

I do like how the villians are vulnerable and have compassionate traits to them.

Its a movie thats why, the villians have to die..

Its not like a comic book where they can just keep coming back.. it was sad that venom had to die, but thats just how they have to do it for movies

QUOTE(Shadows @ May 8, 2007 -> 08:27 PM)

Its not like a comic book where they can just keep coming back.. it was sad that venom had to die, but thats just how they have to do it for movies

I just read up on the comics compared to this movie. Not very accurate. I'm not gonna go into details but if I was a die hard comic book fan, I'd be disappointed in this movie.

Idonno, they say if a number 4 comes out a character that might have seemed to be dead might not be. Obviously that means venom.

QUOTE(Brian @ May 9, 2007 -> 08:32 AM)
With Dr. Connors appearing in the last two movies, would make sense to have Lizard. I doubt a 4th is made...with this cast and crew.

All depends if the director comes back, Kirsten Dunst and Tobey Maguire will only do a 4th if Sam Raimi is directing it. But than again, if they throw enough money at Maguire he is the only one they really need. In the comics/cartoons another girl emerges anyways, possibly the blonde from Peter Parkers class. So Dunst would be nice to have but really isnt all that needed, she could come back in a similar role that the guy who played cyclops in the X-Men series did for number 3.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ May 9, 2007 -> 09:01 AM)
All depends if the director comes back, Kirsten Dunst and Tobey Maguire will only do a 4th if Sam Raimi is directing it. But than again, if they throw enough money at Maguire he is the only one they really need. In the comics/cartoons another girl emerges anyways, possibly the blonde from Peter Parkers class. So Dunst would be nice to have but really isnt all that needed, she could come back in a similar role that the guy who played cyclops in the X-Men series did for number 3.

In the comics the blonde(Who I think looked fantastic even being pregnant) was Spiderman's first girlfriend before Dunst's character and eventually died. Wow I feel like a nerd.

Venom isnt dead. If Green Goblins kid can take that explosion 10 inches from his face and only have a damaged eye and cheekbone(anyone notice how it didnt burn off his hair?), then Eddie Brock/Venom can survive that blast. Plus, there was no body. So that leaves the perfect "out" for Venoms return, PLUS it gives the writers an easy way to write in Carnage(ie. the explosion mutates part of the symbiote, it latches on to someone, blah blah blah).

besides, no one ever truly dies in a comic book. They can write ANYONE back in.

Its really funny how everyone I know who saw Spidey 3 said the same thing when he got the black suit. "Peter Parker went Emo". It was hilarious, even some kids sitting behind me in the theatre said it loud enough for me to hear.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ May 12, 2007 -> 03:04 PM)
28 Weeks Later is one of the few movies which exceeds its predecessor. It's a great film; anyone familiar with the original will love it.

I hope an additional sequel is in the works.

Just got back from it. And they definitely left it open for a third.

QUOTE(Brian @ May 9, 2007 -> 08:32 AM)
With Dr. Connors appearing in the last two movies, would make sense to have Lizard. I doubt a 4th is made...with this cast and crew.

Lizard could be in it, Carnage, Shocker could be, Scorpion, Venom, Mysterio, Sandman, Electro.

Just what I remember from the TV series they used to show long time ago, certainly enough characters to continue the series.

Like you said Lizard makes sense because the Dr. still has some of that goo.

Marvel does have a 5 year contract that they signed in 2006 so Id like to think they make more.

QUOTE(ChWRoCk2 @ May 12, 2007 -> 03:56 PM)
Lizard could be in it, Carnage, Shocker could be, Scorpion, Venom, Mysterio, Sandman, Electro.

Just what I remember from the TV series they used to show long time ago, certainly enough characters to continue the series.

Like you said Lizard makes sense because the Dr. still has some of that goo.

Marvel does have a 5 year contract that they signed in 2006 so Id like to think they make more.

What about Kingpin?

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ May 12, 2007 -> 07:51 PM)
im pretty sure DD and Spidey have fought before because spidey didnt agree with DDs methods

I don't read comics but Spider-Man should kill DD cuz his movies are way better than that Affleck piece of crap!

daredevilvsspiderman.jpg

Edited by Brian

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ May 13, 2007 -> 02:26 AM)
kingpin is in jail ;p, and while it seemed a lot of people didnt like daredevil, i think Afflek was really good in it, now Colin Farrel :chair

Wow, I actually think the exact opposite. I think Affleck mailed it in for a quick paycheck and hoped that the franchise fanbase would push along a sequel. I think Farrell played a coldblooded killer who enjoyed his work pretty well.