Films

LosMediasBlancas

QUOTE(shipps @ Jun 20, 2007 -> 08:24 PM)
Is there any Chicagoans here that go to the Landmark theatre on Clark St? Just discovered it and I think its great I dont think I want to go back to seeing mainstream movies anymore, independent films are the way to go.

Landmark Century, Pipers Alley and Music Box are my favorite theatres.

I saw the Sex Pistols and Ramones documentaries at Landmark - nobody else was showing those films. For that reason alone Landmark ranks way up there.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watched The Bridge last night. I went out and rented, *cough torrent *cough spy, and thought it was pretty depressing. But I didn't really get much of a message out of it, and I didn't think it was particularly thought provoking.

Saw "Fracture" last night at the dollar theatre. It was average. Good acting and an interesting story--but it was sooooo predictible. But if you're looking for an interesting well plotted movie without much surprise, I would recommend it.

QUOTE(Brian @ Jun 23, 2007 -> 12:56 AM)
Ellen Barkin's boobs looked fine.

Oh, no doubt. She's definitely a "cougar"... :P

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jun 27, 2007 -> 03:23 AM)
Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: The Movie was on HBO today...still awesome, 12 years later!

:headbang

Oh wow, brings back memories... I've actually watched a few episodes of Power Rangers on alluc.org in the last couple weeks. Good stuff.

Edited by dasox24

QUOTE(dasox24 @ Jun 26, 2007 -> 10:59 PM)
Oh, no doubt. She's definitely a "cougar"... :P

Oh wow, brings back memories... I've actually watched a few episodes of Power Rangers on alluc.org in the last couple weeks. Good stuff.

I hated Power Rangers when I was a kid. The bad guys would always be kicking ass until they decided to become super-big which gave the power rangers the excuse to became super-big. And once the power rangers combined into that giant robot thingy they were pretty much indestructible. Stupid bad guys.

QUOTE(KipWellsFan @ Jun 26, 2007 -> 11:42 PM)
I hated Power Rangers when I was a kid. The bad guys would always be kicking ass until they decided to become super-big which gave the power rangers the excuse to became super-big. And once the power rangers combined into that giant robot thingy they were pretty much indestructible. Stupid bad guys.

How dare you...

QUOTE(BobDylan @ Jun 27, 2007 -> 02:30 AM)
Go see 1408 right now. RIGHT NOW.

I plan on it soon..

Saw Live Free or Die Hard tonight, also another movie you should see if you are a fan of the Die Hard movies

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jun 27, 2007 -> 03:11 AM)
Possibly the best 3 movie combination I have ever watched....

Power Rangers Movie, 300, Kung Pow. Man, I am so damn satisfied right now.

Man, don't kid yourself.. you may be a power rangers fan or whatever but theres no way you can honestly consider that movie good or in a series of the best 3 movies in a row you've ever seen..

Im on a pretty good stretch of 2 right now, I watched GoodFellas then went and saw Live Free or Die Hard.. dunno what ill watch to cap off the 3

QUOTE(Shadows @ Jun 27, 2007 -> 03:17 AM)
Man, don't kid yourself.. you may be a power rangers fan or whatever but theres no way you can honestly consider that movie good or in a series of the best 3 movies in a row you've ever seen..

Im on a pretty good stretch of 2 right now, I watched GoodFellas then went and saw Live Free or Die Hard.. dunno what ill watch to cap off the 3

You're not reading that right. Power Rangers is a terrible movie, but it has a soft spot in my heart. And I don't mean that those are 3 great movies (300 is though), but in a sequence, watching those 3 movies was just very satisfying.

I will say, the series of the best 3 movies, cinematicly, in a row I've ever seen is The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly, Shawshank Redemption, and Gladiator.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jun 27, 2007 -> 03:25 AM)
You're not reading that right. Power Rangers is a terrible movie, but it has a soft spot in my heart. And I don't mean that those are 3 great movies (300 is though), but in a sequence, watching those 3 movies was just very satisfying.

I will say, the series of the best 3 movies, cinematicly, in a row I've ever seen is The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly, Shawshank Redemption, and Gladiator.

Haha ok then I get what you're saying.. and im not trying to pass judgment, hell I saw the Power Rangers movie at the theatres

QUOTE(Shadows @ Jun 27, 2007 -> 03:28 AM)
Haha ok then I get what you're saying.. and im not trying to pass judgment, hell I saw the Power Rangers movie at the theatres

Yeah, I'm not going to lie and say Kung Pow or Power Rangers are top 10 all-time movies, but for some reason, in that sequence, it just made my day. I can't even explain it. In fact, I recommend watching those 3 next time someone had a day off...it's quite fantastic. :lol:

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jun 27, 2007 -> 03:31 AM)
Yeah, I'm not going to lie and say Kung Pow or Power Rangers are top 10 all-time movies, but for some reason, in that sequence, it just made my day. I can't even explain it. In fact, I recommend watching those 3 next time someone had a day off...it's quite fantastic. :lol:

Whoa, whoa, whoa.. Kung Pow was a great movie.. I wouldn't lump it in with power rangers

QUOTE(Shadows @ Jun 27, 2007 -> 03:32 AM)
Whoa, whoa, whoa.. Kung Pow was a great movie.. I wouldn't lump it in with power rangers

Kung Pow is controversial, because it's purposely meant to be bad, but in reality, it is a good movie. I think... :huh But IMDB gives it a 5.3.

I just love reading his lips in that movie...

Edited by SoxFan1

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jun 27, 2007 -> 04:05 AM)
Kung Pow is controversial, because it's purposely meant to be bad, but in reality, it is a good movie. I think... :huh But IMDB gives it a 5.3.

I just love reading his lips in that movie...

Man, I never go by IMDB ratings.. Kung Pow was a funny movie and I really enjoyed it.. Everyone at IMDB is far too criticial