Films

LosMediasBlancas

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jul 3, 2007 -> 10:21 PM)
Pre-ordered 300 today. Yay.

"They got the title for that movie on what it ranked on how gay it was on a scale of 1-10." -Sarah Silverman

QUOTE(Brian @ Jul 3, 2007 -> 10:22 PM)
"They got the title for that movie on what it ranked on how gay it was on a scale of 1-10." -Sarah Silverman

:lol: For a movie with a bunch of dudes in underwear and capes, I think it was pretty badass.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jul 4, 2007 -> 12:25 AM)
:lol: For a movie with a bunch of dudes in underwear and capes, I think it was pretty badass.

I didn't see it, I just thought that quote was funny.

I saw Pans Labrynth for the first time last night, and I thought it was amazing.

I was a little taken aback by the scene where the Captain kills the father and son who were rabbit hunting though, it was disturbing.

QUOTE(TheOcho @ Jul 3, 2007 -> 05:01 AM)
Transformers was awesome.

No doubt. I really didn't expect too much, but wanted to see it b/c it was "Transformers" afterall. But, I was so pleasantly surprised at how awesome the movie was. The special effects were great, the action scenes were great, and the movie was actually pretty funny.

QUOTE(RibbieRubarb @ Jul 3, 2007 -> 12:19 AM)
We saw Ratatouille this weekend...what a beautifully made movie. One of the best films of the year.

We were so hungry afterwards we had to get French food. We went to Cyrano's on Wells. Wonderful.

Anyway...

This is not your expected animated fare full of recent pop culture jokes and big name stars phoning in voice over performances. In fact, two of the main characters in the movie are voiced by middle-level Pixar employees and they are perfect.

The visuals in this film are breathtaking. The longshots of Paris are like postcards. The street scenes filled will fog and light add the romance of the city and the story. The food...wow. I have never seen animated food look so delicious. You could smell the kitchen. The characters and the film's message are refreshingly not spoon-fed to you. This is an intelligent script that doesn't talk down to the kids or to the adults. Don't think kids won't enjoy that. My son is 8 and he loved every second of it.

There will be talk about it's opening weekend and how it's lower than other Pixar films.

Don't let this discourage you. This film, unlike the other Summer fare, is original, funny and touching and will have the legs to last the summer. Spread the good word and go see it!

BTW, the short before the film is called "Lifted" and it is hysterical!!!

We also really enjoyed Ratatouille. I liked that it was a lot more subtle than most kids' movies, while still being active and funny enough to keep kids' attention.

And for what it's worth, I think the moive companies should go back to hiring voiceover people to voice cartoons. Kids don't care who voices a cartoon rat, and adults shouldn't care if a "star" does it. It's a waste of money, and completely unnecessary.

Edited by The Critic

QUOTE(TheOcho @ Jul 3, 2007 -> 12:01 AM)
Transformers was awesome.

Agreed. it rocked. i really enjoyed it. I loved the little "inside" jokes throughout. Like the bug sitting next to the camero at the dealership. that was great!

QUOTE(dasox24 @ Jul 4, 2007 -> 11:43 AM)
No doubt. I really didn't expect too much, but wanted to see it b/c it was "Transformers" afterall. But, I was so pleasantly surprised at how awesome the movie was. The special effects were great, the action scenes were great, and the movie was actually pretty funny.

They're working on a sequel! I am so excited!

QUOTE(Athomeboy_2000 @ Jul 5, 2007 -> 12:06 AM)
Agreed. it rocked. i really enjoyed it. I loved the little "inside" jokes throughout. Like the bug sitting next to the camero at the dealership. that was great!

They're working on a sequel! I am so excited!

It definitely seemed like there could be a sequel. Great to hear... Though, sequel's are rarely as good as the first. Let's hope this one's different!

QUOTE(dasox24 @ Jul 4, 2007 -> 11:11 PM)
It definitely seemed like there could be a sequel. Great to hear... Though, sequel's are rarely as good as the first. Let's hope this one's different!

If it has Megan Fox in it..... it has my attention!

megan-fox-picture-1.jpg

QUOTE(Athomeboy_2000 @ Jul 5, 2007 -> 03:36 PM)
If it has Megan Fox in it..... it has my attention!

megan-fox-picture-1.jpg

True dat... :wub: Unfortunately, I looked on imdb.com and found out she's engaged to some no-talent assclown who's like 34

QUOTE(dasox24 @ Jul 5, 2007 -> 11:14 AM)
True dat... :wub: Unfortunately, I looked on imdb.com and found out she's engaged to some no-talent assclown who's like 34

That no talent ass clown was on 90210 back in the day

Also, how can he not feel weird.. when he has 15 she was like 2 years old

QUOTE(The Critic @ Jul 5, 2007 -> 02:38 PM)
Because they keep saying "Ewwwwww, get away from me, creepy old man"?

Is THAT the reason??

:P :bang

No, it's because that is what I THINK they are thinking. Ha Ha.

Going to see Megan Fox...I mean Transformers at 4pm.

I hit Blockbuster over the weekend and since i hadn't been there since November i figured there would be something i wanted to see. Man was i wrong......i did however pick up the latest (and hopefully last) Rocky movie and you know.....it was a pretty good movie. Heck..the boxing and training weren't even really featured much in the movie and it was still pretty good. I remember when it came out the rating were pretty good and i was skeptical.....i was wrong. Rocky Balboa....two more thumbs up!!!!!

QUOTE(Shadows @ Jul 5, 2007 -> 02:01 PM)
That no talent ass clown was on 90210 back in the day

Also, how can he not feel weird.. when he has 15 she was like 2 years old

From Wikipedia

Fox revealed in a November 2005 interview with FHM magazine that she has Brian's name tattooed above her vagina.[3]

QUOTE(Brian @ Jul 5, 2007 -> 02:33 PM)
Brian Austin Green? Yikes!

I have trouble dating a girl who is more than 5 years younger than me for some reason.

I have a sister that is 20.. I wont even consider a girl unless she is older than my sister just because it would feel weird knowing my girl is younger than my little sister

QUOTE(WhiteSoxfan1986 @ Jul 5, 2007 -> 04:01 PM)
Fox revealed in a November 2005 interview with FHM magazine that she has Brian's name tattooed above her vagina.[3]

I...umm..... wouldnt mind seeing that.

I think you can see part of it here...

NSFW! http://www.pestaola.gr/images/megan_fox_fh...06_calendar.jpg

Edited by Athomeboy_2000

Independent film channel is a new favorite of mine after viewing several interesting movies the last several days. Among them are two standouts -- "Once Were Warriors" and "The Magdelan Sisters" (Nora Jane Noone :wub:).

I don't know if anyone has heard of either, but if you're in Blockbuster or Hollywood Video and happen to see these titles, they're worth the money.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE(WhiteSoxfan1986 @ Jul 5, 2007 -> 09:01 PM)

Damn, I wonder if she got that before or after they started dating...

But, really, come on... Why would you ever get someone else's name tattooed on yourself? I mean, what happens if they break up in a few years, and she's 24 with some dude's name tattooed on her. I guess I'd still hit it, but that would be a little odd for future boyfriends to have to see that...

Edited by dasox24

QUOTE(dasox24 @ Jul 5, 2007 -> 07:13 PM)
Damn, I wonder if she got that before or after they started dating...

But, really, come on... Why would you ever get someone else's name tattooed on yourself? I mean, what happens if they break up in a few years, and she's 24 with some dude's name tattooed on her. I guess I'd still hit it, but that would be a little odd for future boyfriends to have to see that...

I'm MARRIED and I would never get her name tatooed on me. you just NEVER know. I have seen marriages/relationships where everyone thought "they'll last forever" and 2 years later they break up. ANd i have seen the opposite happen. Never brand yourself.

The last 40 minutes of Transformers saved it for me. I was getting bored and hated all the ill timed jokes. Not to mention there were two girls behind us who would sell every joke like it was the funniest ting ever and annoyed everyone.

The visual and sound effects were obviously top notch and the last act was awesome.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Jul 5, 2007 -> 07:34 PM)
Independent film channel is a new favorite of mine after viewing several interesting movies the last several days. Among them are two standouts -- "Once Were Warriors" and "The Magdelan Sisters" (Nora Jane Noone :wub:).

I don't know if anyone has heard of either, but if you're in Blockbuster or Hollywood Video and happen to see these titles, they're worth the money.

I saw The Magdalene Sisters for a class I took in Scotland (it had just been released). Really disturbing--there was a non-traditional student from Ireland in the class who talked about those places. They don't seem like something from this century. But I agree, a good movie with very solid acting.