Films

LosMediasBlancas

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just saw Napoleon Dynamite as well.  One word: Overhyped.

It was good but damn were my expectations made too high.

And as an aside, I also rented Cool Hand Luke -- I'm in the store searching for it on DVD and I go up and ask "Do you have Cool Hand Luke on DVD?"  The woman looked at me like a dog that had just been shown a card trick.  She'd never even heard of the film.  :o

I have to agree with you here, I saw Dynamite in theatres like 3 or 4 months ago thinking man this is going to be hilarious. But I came out not having laughed that much. I stil did like the movie though. The cholos ruled!

saw a couple movies today, Rounders and Anchorman, both were unbelievable. I cant believe i had never seen Rounders before, and Anchorman is by far the funniest movie of the year

Anchorman isn't even very funny, let alone the funniest movie of the year. Sorry but lame 1 dementional characters are goddamn stupid. I'm getting real tired of Will Ferrell's "Look at me do outrageously stupid things in a vain attempt to be comedic!" Anchorman is the equivalent of "Baby Geniuses 2" and in saying that I mean no insult to "Baby Genuises 2". At least they knew they had no plot and storyline and didnt try so over the top to make things funny. Anchorman, at the end of the day, is a polished turd. Nothing personal, I just hate s***ty movies.

And as for best comedy of this year -- Sideways and/or The Incredibles, right off the top of my head kick the Hell out of Anchorman in comedics.

Anchorman isn't even very funny, let alone the funniest movie of the year.  Sorry but lame 1 dementional characters are goddamn stupid.  I'm getting real tired of Will Ferrell's "Look at me do outrageously stupid things in a vain attempt to be comedic!"  Anchorman is the equivalent of "Baby Geniuses 2" and in saying that I mean no insult to "Baby Genuises 2".  At least they knew they had no plot and storyline and didnt try so over the top to make things funny.  Anchorman, at the end of the day, is a polished turd.  Nothing personal, I just hate s***ty movies.

And as for best comedy of this year -- Sideways and/or The Incredibles, right off the top of my head kick the Hell out of Anchorman in comedics.

Will Ferrel is trash. Period.

You can't fight in here!  This is the War Room!

...But he'll see the big board!

:lol: That movie is so great.

Nineteen hundred and forty-six. Nineteen forty-six, Mandrake. How does that coincide with your post-war Commie conspiracy, huh? It's incredibly obvious, isn't it? A foreign substance is introduced into our precious bodily fluids without the knowledge of the individual. Certainly without any choice. That's the way your hard-core Commie works.

Nineteen hundred and forty-six. Nineteen forty-six, Mandrake. How does that coincide with your post-war Commie conspiracy, huh? It's incredibly obvious, isn't it? A foreign substance is introduced into our precious bodily fluids without the knowledge of the individual. Certainly without any choice. That's the way your hard-core Commie works.

:lol: The fluoridation of the water supply.

You know what's gonna happen if you don't get the President on the line? You're gonna have to answer to the Coca-Cola company.

I just watch Christmas Vacation as I do every year at this time and it's still as funny as ever.  :headbang

Christmas Vacation is easily one of my favorite Christmas movies. Seeing Chevy Chase installing over 20,000+ lights is hysterical. :lol:

I'm watching Home Alone tomorrow...  :headbang  :lol:

Both 1 and 2 are awesome.

Dr. Strangelove: The whole point of the doomsday machine is lost - if you keep it a secret! Why didn't you tell the world, eh?!?!

General Buck: Try one of these Jamaican cigars, ambassador, they're pretty good.

Ambassador de Sadesky: Thank you, no. I do not support the work of imperialist stooges.

General Buck: Oh, only Commie stooges, eh?

Great film :headbang

Dr. Strangelove:  The whole point of the doomsday machine is lost - if you keep it a secret! Why didn't you tell the world, eh?!?!

General Buck: Try one of these Jamaican cigars, ambassador, they're pretty good.

Ambassador de Sadesky: Thank you, no. I do not support the work of imperialist stooges.

General Buck: Oh, only Commie stooges, eh?

Great film  :headbang

Speaking of 1960s films, I just got done watching the original Manchurian Candidate with Sinatra. Such a wonderful film. That garden club scene at the beginning is so fantastically filmed. I really wish they could have done something like that in the new one.

Speaking of 1960s films, I just got done watching the original Manchurian Candidate with Sinatra.  Such a wonderful film.  That garden club scene at the beginning is so fantastically filmed.  I really wish they could have done something like that in the new one.

I've never seen it. :o

It's been on my To See list for about 10 years. If only they would stop making Buttman movies, then I could get on to something more substantive. :D

Edited by FlaSoxxJim