Films

LosMediasBlancas

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont know, it depends on how old you are. with me being a college student these are the kind of movies i love. its just a good ol stoner flick not much different from half baked

pssst, lowercase is a college student too, he goes to our school ;)

i dont know, it depends on how old you are. with me being a college student these are the kind of movies i love. its just a good ol stoner flick not much different from half baked

I am 18 and not a fan of stupid humor. Such as people getting hit and hurting themselves, falling into ditches, running into doors, ben stiller, etc.

I saw about half of Dodgeball with a friend of mine and said "This is crap".  It should have been called "Here's the $7 to see this movie since it's a pantload!"

who pays to see movies?? its called limewire man, i literally got 20 movies downloading right now! :headbang :headbang :headbang :headbang :headbang :headbang :headbang :headbang :headbang :headbang

i think i will finally chime in since i have seen a lot of the movies discussed here

napoleon dynamite- not too bad it seemed like it might be pretty bad at the start turned out to be allright nothing special

dodgeball- i hate ben stiller and his character but i thought it had some funny moments espeically with chuck norris

anchorman- i liked it i thought will ferrell did a good job and the supporting actors were greati guess i like the stupid jokes in there

manchurian canidate(2004)- i thought it was well done not a great movie but it seemed to work well altough i would like to see the original

usually i dont get bad reviews for movies anyways since i am smart enough to stay away so you can take these with a grain of salt if you wish

Yeah he sucks.

Old School f***ing sucked too!!!!

Nothing compares to Animal House, and everyone involved with Van Wilder can kiss my ass.  :angry:

Every movie starting with "National Lampoon's...." since the Vacation series has blown.

The only sentence I want to see starting with "National Lampoon's..." is

"National Lampoon's no longer the movie-making business".

HAHA finally watched The Godfather today.  While it seemed basically flawless it never ended up being quite as engaging as I had wished.  9/10

Finally? Where you been? :o :lol:

If you haven’t watched Godfather II either then I recommend you see it. But whatever you do, DO NOT watch Godfather III. :nono

Just finished "The Hidden Fortress" (1958).  Yoda, you may like this film -- it was one of the influences for Lucas' creation of Star Wars.  Toshiro Mifune turns in yet another amazing role. :headbang

I’ve seen it and do like the movie. The opening of the film is hilarious. Two men returning from grave digging duties following a war, cut each other for stinking from deaf corpses - - “s***worm” stands as a favorite of mine. :lol:

This is one of Kurosawa’s most underrated films, IMO. Mifune does an excellent job. Minoru Chiaki and Kamatari Fukiwara bring comedy to the film. The Hidden Fortress is the original force behind Star Wars.

I’ve seen it and do like the movie. The opening of the film is hilarious. Two men returning from grave digging duties following a war, cut each other for stinking from deaf corpses - - “s***worm” stands as a favorite of mine.  :lol:

This is one of Kurosawa’s most underrated films, IMO. Mifune does an excellent job. Minoru Chiaki and Kamatari Fukiwara bring comedy to the film. The Hidden Fortress is the original force behind Star Wars.

That movie was so funny. I love the one scene where they are trying to get the horses away from "the mute" and they are doing a horrible acting job of horses drinking. :lol:

That scene is also a favorite of mine.  :cheers

BTW, have you seen Rashômon before?

Not yet -- a friend of mine got it for Christmas and we're gonna watch it when I get back to school (between the 2 of us, we've got Yojimbo, Sanjuro, Seven Samurai, Hidden Fortress, Ikiru, Rashomon, Throne of Blood, Dreams, Ran) So we've got some Kurosawa watching to do, :lol:

Not yet -- a friend of mine got it for Christmas and we're gonna watch it when I get back to school (between the 2 of us, we've got Yojimbo, Sanjuro, Seven Samurai, Hidden Fortress, Ikiru, Rashomon, Throne of Blood, Dreams, Ran)  So we've got some Kurosawa watching to do,  :lol:

Sounds good. B)

I finally saw Napoleon Dynamite and although it had its moments, it definitely wasn't as good as I was hoping for.

Also saw Elf, which was hilarious. I wasn't expecting much, but really liked it.

A good old movie that was on yesterday, was Escape From Alcatraz with Clint Eastwood. I've seen it at least 5 times and still stop and watch most of it whenever it's on.

Watching Garden State tomorrow and going to see Life Aquatic this weekend.